Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter Season 7

Drop

Well I think Deb felt cornered. She probably knew that even if she shot Dexter and ended his reign, she would still go down for her part in covering for him lately.

There is a theory going around that Detective Matthews knew all along it was Dexter, possibly due to a friendship with Harry from back in the day, and Matthews knows it is serial killers he has been killing so he has done his own part to make sure any inquiries/investigations/questions have gone nowhere.

Prob there tho is they used Debra's gun, so they'd be able to track that it wasn't LaGuerta's gun.
Yeah, that and Debra was hugging her after and apologizing, so she's all over the body. Unless they dug the bullet out and re-shot her with Estrada's gun but that still is reaching. Just dumping her body means she disappears and that is fishy also. They need to set LaGuerta up with Estrada like Dexter originally planned. Will be interesting to see how that works out.

Sucks for LaGuerta. She was right, and in the end dies knowing she was right but that nobody else believed her. that and Doakes stays set-up as the Butcher and now she'll be set-up to look like she was crazy and tried to set-up Dex and it went wrong.

Definitely curious to see what happens. Thought the same thing too about Debra being all over LaGuerta's body, fingerprints, hair, etc. And the bullet from Debra's gun, obviously.

I think Angel comes back next season to avenge LaGuerta's death. He's a pretty strong character and given his history with LaGuerta, he might not quit (if he hasn't already put his papers in, it wasn't clear) and see to it that he figures out what happened. Remember when LaGuerta and he were talking and he was like "I'm on your side..." I'm not sure if he was saying that to placate her or what, but I think given their history he'll want to avenge her death.

Angel going head to head with Dexter could be interesting...Angel is a pretty smart detective and we'll see if Dexter can stop the innocent kill count at 1 with LaGuerta or if he'll stop at nothing to keep covering up who he really is.

Well I think Deb felt cornered. She probably knew that even if she shot Dexter and ended his reign, she would still go down for her part in covering for him lately.

There is a theory going around that Detective Matthews knew all along it was Dexter, possibly due to a friendship with Harry from back in the day, and Matthews knows it is serial killers he has been killing so he has done his own part to make sure any inquiries/investigations/questions have gone nowhere.

Matthews definitely seems like he knows something is up. Either that or he really doesn't give a ****, because he's accepted everything way too easy otherwise.

I didn't think Dexter would really try to kill her. Wow.

I had a feeling Deb would end up killing her when she showed up though.

And Laguerta's yelling for Deb to shoot Dexter didn't exactly help the situation.

Still I'm not sure I can watch now that both Dexter and Deb's characters are so messed up.

Deb murdered Laguerta, although I'm glad that annoying selfish hypocrite is gone, Deb seems to have taken her place and then some.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable rooting for Dexter or Deb now.

At least before Dexter had some limits to what he would do.

I just watched it and I'm with you guys---wow. I had called it wrong thinking Deb had framed Hannah last week. But while I thought Deb was going to end up offing someone herself now that she's caught up in Dex's web, I didn't think it would be Leguerta.

And I have to say, though she's annoyed me at times over the years as an actress, Jennifer (and Yvonne) have really knocked it out of the park at times---Jennifer was great this whole episode and her breaking down over Leguerta's body was intense.

I also thought this was the last seaosn until a few days ago. So I'm both pleased and bothered as I hate waiting for this show way more than most. :)

I just watched it and I'm with you guys---wow. I had called it wrong thinking Deb had framed Hannah last week. But while I thought Deb was going to end up offing someone herself now that she's caught up in Dex's web, I didn't think it would be Leguerta.

And I have to say, though she's annoyed me at times over the years as an actress, Jennifer (and Yvonne) have really knocked it out of the park at times---Jennifer was great this whole episode and her breaking down over Leguerta's body was intense.

I also thought this was the last seaosn until a few days ago. So I'm both pleased and bothered as I hate waiting for this show way more than most. :)

Not sure if you saw it, but there was a quick interview with the director after the show. He said the part where she ran over to LaGuerta's body wasn't scripted, it was all improvised and they decided to keep it in. I thought it was really intense, too.

This was certainly a better season than the last two. I thought that this was going to be the last season so I was very surprised when the "only 2 more episodes left in the SEASON" promos started showing up.

My only complaint on the ending was that once it was known that there is another season coming, I was hoping that the real "last" season next year would be Dexter on the run and his secret found out. It sure looked like they were heading in that direction. Then the finale on Sunday but an end to that, at least temporarily. Unfortunately it appears that we are going to start next season with Dexter still working with Miami metro and Debra being in charge and guilt ridden like this season.

I think the trailer park chick goes first, she is the one who could bring her down and then she probably becomes a killer of interest who Dex has to off.

Not logical 2 for reasons:

(1) She`s already under arrest for the murder of the author. She escaped following her arraignment. She`s already a person of interest :-)

(2) She could have already killed her many times if she wanted to. I don`t think Hannah views her as a threat... in fact, she seems to trust her implicitly.

I believe Hannah is going to end the series. I think there`s a reason when she was getting arrested that she looked Dexter in the eyes and told him `you should have killed me.` Not to mention when Dexter visited her in prison... and she said that she always figured it would have been Dexter to have either died or gone to prison. A little foreshadowing, I believe.

Not logical 2 for reasons:

(1) She`s already under arrest for the murder of the author. She escaped following her arraignment. She`s already a person of interest :-)

(2) She could have already killed her many times if she wanted to. I don`t think Hannah views her as a threat... in fact, she seems to trust her implicitly.

I believe Hannah is going to end the series. I think there`s a reason when she was getting arrested that she looked Dexter in the eyes and told him `you should have killed me.` Not to mention when Dexter visited her in prison... and she said that she always figured it would have been Dexter to have either died or gone to prison. A little foreshadowing, I believe.

Quite plausible. It certainly is a well written show with plenty of direction.

Is it confirmed that next season is the last or is it just speculation?
Since the show has been renewed for two more seasons, is this definitely the end?

Colleton: This was definite. We wanted to end it this year, but the network convinced us that it would be best to do it in two years. In some ways, this is a two-season series-ender. We have worked that out and know where it's going to end. Next year will definitely be the last year of Dexter. Absolutely.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Dexter-Season7-Spoilers-Sara-Colleton-1049195.aspx/

I honestly thought the show would've been better off with Deb shooting Dexter instead of Laguerta.

I'm not sure if I buy the total heel turn for Deb, but like someone mentioned previously, maybe the confrontation with Hannah in the courtroom spurred it on.

Next season should be interesting.

What I've always loved about this show is the way they have taken a cold blooded killer who gets his kicks murdering and dismembering people and gotten you to like him through the code. They are now starting to peel away the code and let you see the real Dex. To him the code was never about punishing those who got away, but about fulfilling his desire to kill without being caught. Now having taken this journey and seeing what he is becoming (or always was) makes you feel a little ickey as a viewer.

There have been ups and downs to the seasons but this overall premise and arc has been captivating.

I'm not sure if I buy the total heel turn for Deb, but like someone mentioned previously, maybe the confrontation with Hannah in the courtroom spurred it on.

Um, how about LaGuerta sitting her down in her office and basically connecting her to Dexter`s murders and catching her in lies.... and trying to coerce a confession. That might set someone off the edge.

I knew Deb wouldn't shoot Dexter. I was surprised she took out Leguerta though. I was thinking that Deb, as much as she hated to do it, was going to cuff Dexter and arrest him because she just couldn't handle lying for him anymore. I was thinking that next season, which might be the last, was going to be a lot about him going to trial and such. It's going to be interesting to see where this story goes.

I was thinking the exact same thing and, quite honestly, was very interested in seeing that plotline. IMO the best way for the show to end would have been what you described, with Dexter getting the needle in the last episode. Now, im guessing Deb will end up committing suicide and/or Dexters kill partner... which is less interesting to me. but man, gotta give the writers credit for such a shocking ending. I didnt see Deb shooting LaGuerta in a million years.

---------- Post added December-18th-2012 at 03:39 PM ----------

What I've always loved about this show is the way they have taken a cold blooded killer who gets his kicks murdering and dismembering people and gotten you to like him through the code. They are now starting to peel away the code and let you see the real Dex. To him the code was never about punishing those who got away, but about fulfilling his desire to kill without being caught. Now having taken this journey and seeing what he is becoming (or always was) makes you feel a little ickey as a viewer.

There have been ups and downs to the seasons but this overall premise and arc has been captivating.

You captured my thoughts about this season perfectly.

IMO the best way for the show to end would have been what you described, with Dexter getting the needle in the last episode.

Wow, I think you probably nailed how the series will end. Dexter is laying on a table waiting for the needle. He goes through his narrative about how it's his turn to be laying on a table and facing the end. Then the show fades to the end after a close up shot of Dexter's face as he passes on.

Wow, I think you probably nailed how the series will end. Dexter is laying on a table waiting for the needle. He goes through his narrative about how it's his turn to be laying on a table and facing the end. Then the show fades to the end after a close up shot of Dexter's face as he passes on.

I'm sure it will get there.... only Deb will probably get a needle too now. if she doesnt kill herself.

I don't see any scenario where Deb kills herself. If she can get through a serial killer fiance, a serial killer brother, a murdered old man boyfriend, and Quinn the super-slut, I don't see where shooting LaGuerta to save her own ass leads her to suicide. If she gets killed that's one thing, but she better not off herself.

Archived