Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dexter Season 7

Drop

I guess with The Walking Dead premier on the same night everyone forgot about poor ol' Dexter.

I thought for sure Louis was going to be around longer and have a bigger part than what he did. Turned out he was just a computer nerd who really was that upset that Dexter hated his game idea.

I've enjoyed this season up to this point but I think this season is about to get really good. It looks like it anyway.

Ironically, I think it's going to be the guy Dexter DOESN'T kill that brings him down. The lingering shot of the blood splatter.....I'm guessing the Russians weren't as thorough with the cleanup as Dexter.

Ironically, I think it's going to be the guy Dexter DOESN'T kill that brings him down. The lingering shot of the blood splatter.....I'm guessing the Russians weren't as thorough with the cleanup as Dexter.

Yup...foreshadowing on this series is usually done with the subtlety of a splitting maul, but it hasn't hurt the series. I still think my quick call on Deb eventually supporting Dex's killing (maybe even as an accomplice) may come though. And I have been wondering when they'll decide to end the saga and go out while it's still a highly regarded and successful show---this is the 7th season. I still love it, but I can't say it's "getting better and better" each season or that it hasn't likely peaked yet. I think it would be very cool if they gave no hint about whats season was going to be the final one and just did in the story line with the last episode being just that, with no notice---imagine the reaction (and how difficult it would be to pull off). That would be truly new and truly epic.

Yup...foreshadowing on this series is usually done with the subtlety of a splitting maul, but it hasn't hurt the series. I still think my quick call on Deb eventually supporting Dex's killing (maybe even as an accomplice) may come though. And I have been wondering when they'll decide to end the saga and go out while it's still a highly regarded and successful show---this is the 7th season. I still love it, but I can't say it's "getting better and better" each season or that it hasn't likely peaked yet. I think it would be very cool if they gave no hint about whats season was going to be the final one and just did in the story line with the last episode being just that, with no notice---imagine the reaction (and how difficult it would be to pull off). That would be truly new and truly epic.

I won't ruin the when for you but they do know when the series is going to end.

They pulled of (for me at least) one of the greatest "surprises" I've ever seen in television with Rita's murder. I hope the end of the series will not be anything less spectacular.

Just watched yesterday's episode. Was great up until Deb asked "did you do this for me?" I had to giggle at that one.

They pulled of (for me at least) one of the greatest "surprises" I've ever seen in television with Rita's murder. I hope the end of the series will not be anything less spectacular.

Just watched yesterday's episode. Was great up until Deb asked "did you do this for me?" I had to giggle at that one.

To be honest, and as much as I absolutely LOVE this series - I think Rita in the tub of blood simply cannot be topped. The show just cannot get better. I feel like I actually realized it at the time too. It was the perfect season, with the perfect ending. Lithgow was incredible and the cell phone ringing as he went into that bathroom was just the most amazing tv I think I've ever seen. Absolutely incredible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I will really miss ole Dexter. I am good with how they're wrapping things up---impressed actually. Ballsy and interesting plot moves so far. Each season (while of variance in quality as with most, even the best ones) has had some great story arcs in it, and they are tying much of it all up together, nicely.

I am in ever-deeper love with Yvonne. I may be ready to make a serious commitment again (my friends keep hounding me on that deal). I think she's the one. :)

I am in ever-deeper love with Yvonne. I may be ready to make a serious commitment again (my friends keep hounding me on that deal). I think she's the one. :)

Yeah, I'm with you on Yvonne. I've been in love with her since she was on the show "Chuck". Let's see, I was in love with Olivia Newton-John as a kid. I'm in love with Yvonne. I guess I have a thing for Aussie blonds lol.

Yeah, I'm with you on Yvonne. I've been in love with her since she was on the show "Chuck". Let's see, I was in love with Olivia Newton-John as a kid. I'm in love with Yvonne. I guess I have a thing for Aussie blonds lol.

Nicole's (Kidman) another one, and Peta Wislon (original TV Nikita--was a great series). The list goes on. :)

On a intellectual level, I like what the writers are doing this season with Dexter. The previous seasons were getting kind of redundant, and Dexter's character didnt undergo much change/growth. Its obvious that the show is working towards a specific ending, and one that likely will make us all realize that Dexter is evil/crazy. Still, in a sense, the show is becoming more difficult to watch. The draw of Dexter has always been that he had a code, and only killed killers. It made it easier for hte audience to "relate" to a serial killer. I've found Dexter less and less relatable this season. Every season, Dexter is almost caught/discovered by the police and i've always "rooted" for him to figure a way out. Not anymore. I'm actually "rooting" for him to get caught and arrested. Am I alone in this?

On a intellectual level, I like what the writers are doing this season with Dexter. The previous seasons were getting kind of redundant, and Dexter's character didnt undergo much change/growth. Its obvious that the show is working towards a specific ending, and one that likely will make us all realize that Dexter is evil/crazy. Still, in a sense, the show is becoming more difficult to watch. The draw of Dexter has always been that he had a code, and only killed killers. It made it easier for hte audience to "relate" to a serial killer. I've found Dexter less and less relatable this season. Every season, Dexter is almost caught/discovered by the police and i've always "rooted" for him to figure a way out. Not anymore. I'm actually "rooting" for him to get caught and arrested. Am I alone in this?

I mean, all along here we were rooting for a serial killer. No matter how justified you think it was, do you not find it pretty creepy that that's what you're rooting for? A guy who enjoys killing people? Just as Dexter is starting to realize his true self, so are we. I think if we end up hating him, that shows the success of the story arc.

I mean, all along here we were rooting for a serial killer. No matter how justified you think it was, do you not find it pretty creepy that that's what you're rooting for? A guy who enjoys killing people? Just as Dexter is starting to realize his true self, so are we. I think if we end up hating him, that shows the success of the story arc.

As i alluded to in my post, i agree with the direction of the show from a story-arc perspective. I just dont find the show as enjoyable to watch. The only reason the show lasted more than a few episodes is because the writers found ways to make a serial killer "relatable." Throughout the series, Dexter commits heinous crimes, he only commits them against people who deserved it. He had a code. Now, Dexters thrown the code a way and kills becuase he enjoys it. Dexter has gone from being a tragic anti-hero to pure evil. The show needs to continue to tell us Dexters story, but they need to give us a new protagonist. We have to have someone we can "root" for.

As i alluded to in my post, i agree with the direction of the show from a story-arc perspective. I just dont find the show as enjoyable to watch. The only reason the show lasted more than a few episodes is because the writers found ways to make a serial killer "relatable." Throughout the series, Dexter commits heinous crimes, he only commits them against people who deserved it. He had a code. Now, Dexters thrown the code a way and kills becuase he enjoys it. Dexter has gone from being a tragic anti-hero to pure evil. The show needs to continue to tell us Dexters story, but they need to give us a new protagonist. We have to have someone we can "root" for.

The Cuban lady who's name escapes me at the moment. Also, cyber doakes appear last episode saying surprise mutha****er.

The Cuban lady who's name escapes me at the moment.

I can't root for her, she's annoying as hell.

I have been enjoying the season so far, but was unhappy about what happened to Hannah's father.

I don't like that Dexter now seems to think it's ok to kill people because he wants to.

Although I think I might have been less upset if he had drowned the guy somehow instead of stabbing him.

At least then it would have seemed more poetic.

Anybody else think Deb poisoned the bottle herself to set up Hannah?

Deb has shown to be very clever and resourceful, and I wouldn't be surprised if that is what happened. I like that Deb or Hannah doing it is a mystery right now.

LaGuerta is very clever and almost caught Dex. Smart trap, and it looks like she is about to get him. Season finale should be great for setting up the final season.

I think Deb ultimately is becoming the hero, ppl just seem to really hate her for whatever reason. I hated her early on, but she really started to grow on me in the later seasons.

Also I wouldn't have thought of Deb poisoning herself, but that seems a pretty risky idea considering she very well could have actually died. That, and Hannah clearly told her old roommate that she'd take care of the situation. Also, did you notice that Hannah had the same comeback when Dex accused her as Dex did when Matthews accused him of being the Bay Harbor Butcher: "Do you really think I'm capable of doing that?" This is a pretty clear cut "I'm guilty" response in my opinion, and I don't think it's any coincidence that the writers used this response for both instances.

Of course, Hannah was right - Dex should have killed her because now you have ****ed over one of the two people who knows without a doubt exactly who you are. Looking forward to next week, but really disappointed that the show is coming to an end.

Archived