Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We lost due to weaknesses we knew about going into Season AKA Why I'm not too upset!

NoCalMike

I know, I know, we had a chance to tie the game, probably had chances earlier to put the game away when we were up 21-6. I get all that.

However now that some time has passed and I look at the overall play from our team on both sides of the ball, the two big glaring trouble spots are the O-line and the secondary.

For the last 6 months what have we heard from the media and 'Skins reporters? That our weaknesses were................

The Secondary and the O-line. It's no surprise, really.

I think we as fans got spoiled on the win last week and failed to really analyze the game to see where the good and bad sports really shined. It was a close game against the Saints but the secondary, despite the INTs, was not particularly good. The O-line? While not as bad as this week, was not "good" perse, either. People forget how much RG3s athleticism will make the O-line good by bailing them out with his feet on his scrambles and designed runs..

After every game, whether a Win or a Loss, it is still important to see the good and bad, and I think the win last week colored our collective glasses with too thick a coat of burgundy.

As a fan base, we have to accept that in 2012, any games we win are probably going to be in despite of the O-line and Secondary.

This doesn't mean we will have a horrible team, it just means we know, and HAVE KNOWN, exactly what to expect from those two aspects of the team or a long time now. So lets not act all surprised that they both contributed heavily to the loss, much more than the officiating, which was downright awful for both teams!

They definitely have a long way to go, and despite every weakness they have, they were in position to at minimum force OT if not for Morgan losing his cool. All the blame does not fall on him, bc we had ample chances to put the game away and had ANOTHER special teams miscue. It's frustrating bc we had a legit shot at being 2-0 and have a tough match up next week.

Are you kidding? We suck, god cut Morgan now!!!

I mean, we still are we thought we were. A young team building around a future franchise QB. RGIII played great again and that's really the most important thing here. Still missing a few pieces. No need to freak out eve if we did blow a 21-6 lead.

While I totally agree with your post about our secondary I do not agree about the offensive line. While they are not elite they are not the worst either. We had a good run game and the pass pro was average. To think they was good enough to get us 21 points on offense. I would never have thought that we would score 28 points and lose to the Rams. The secondary is atrocious Griffin needs to be replaced by Crawford immediately

Yeah, the passing defense I've gotten used to, the OL was up and down all day.

Those really weren't the things that bothered me the most though. What bothered me the lack of pass rush, the lack of run defense (especially when our front 7 is supposed to be the strength of the team) and our lack of ST blocking (because it's been going on for years now).

I really will not miss Haslett or Smith after this season. I just don't get how you can look totally caught off guard by the Rams running ability (when that's the only thing they've ever been able to do) and how we repeatedly can't find a way to block on ST. Those are the things that lost us the game, not the passing defense or the OL, IMO.

hopefully some just finally decide to jump off. I'm thoroughly disgusted with our fanbase after today...

Agreed, the stupid has gotten out of control.

---------- Post added September-16th-2012 at 10:29 PM ----------

Why? Every fan base does the same thing after every loss.

Did you see the racist thread that was started?

The OP used a word that rhymes with "wig"

Agreed, the stupid has gotten out of control.

---------- Post added September-16th-2012 at 10:29 PM ----------

Did you see the racist thread that was started?

The OP used a word that rhymes with "wig"

Wow, gladly I did not. That is absolutely despicable. Hope a perma-ban was issued. Do people really care that much about a game?

That said, sadly I bet there were plenty of appalling threads across losing NFL boards today. Too many idiots to control.

Great points Cal, and our poorly coached ST in addition to those points is going to be a battle to overcome.

While I totally agree with your post about our secondary I do not agree about the offensive line. While they are not elite they are not the worst either.
Um, he didn't say that they are the worst.

Archived