• Under 30 - Sara Jean Underwood
    • Under 30 - Scarlett Johansson
    • Network TV - Vanessa Marcil
    • Network TV - Sofia Vergara
    • Olympic Athlete - Ellen Oog
    • Olympic Athlete - Stephanie Rice
    • Classic - Alyssa Milano
    • Classic - Christie Brinkley

I have an issue with my meth-head neighbor. We live in a "U" shaped set of duplexes. 3 in all. I believe he's tweaking and dealing drugs. I can smell it, he keeps odd company at odd hours (car drives up, enters house for 5 minutes, then leaves, don't see car again), and I'm at wits end with him being a general douchebag. One day, some guys show up and 2 hours later he comes home with a 60" plasma, xbox, etc. My military experience has taught me to identify when people are hiding something. Kind of a spidey sense about people. Kind of wierd to explain. But this guy makes my skin crawl.

One of the tennants accused him of breaking into his dwelling. The tweaker responded, after the cops left, by sugaring his gas tank, slashing tires, and keying the doors. Tweaker's buddies (i assume) came over and beat the crap out of the tennant. That tennant left shortly later. I've told this guy not to interact with my family, several times in a pleasant manner. I'm a 'do what you gotta do - over there' kind of person. I believe everyone has a right to be whatever level of scum they want, as long as it doesn't interfere with my family.

My storage space has been broken into, my bike stolen, neighbors camera was stolen out of her car, and much more has happened since he moved in. I had to break up a fight in the parking lot at 10 pm between him and some other scraggy dude. This guy is maybe 5'8" and I'm 6'3" he looks at me through his glazed eyes and tells me I'll see you soon. The next day he's buying my son treats at the local store. Total mental case.

Today, I find out more. Last week, he asked the neighbor to store drugs for him in the trunk of her car. Today, he offered my son what he called "special smoothie". Wifey poured it down the sink. The other kid that was playing with my son drank his and is under observation by his parents. We pray it's a legit drink. It took every ounce of willpower not to drive home and "handle" this situation.

The ex-military side of me wants to breach his door and expedite his self-removal from the property. The dad and husband in me tells me to let the system work because I'm no good to them behind bars.. Call the landlord, call the police if it continues, etc. I have protection from home invasion, I'm not worried about that. I'm worried about if this tweaker goes after my kids or wife when he figures out I'm the 'snitch'. My life, in no uncertain terms, revolves around my family.

Any and all advice /experiences would be greatly appreciated. Obviously, I won't do anything stupid. I know many of you are much more mature and can see into things much deeper than I can or know the justice system better than I do. I need your collective help with this. If you don't want to write a novel in response, I can give you my number via PM. I'm at wits end.

Wow that's horrible!

I'm thinking that there must be some kind of an FBI or DEA number for these things. You don't want regular cops to stop by, sounds you need some hardcore federal agents on this. It may be worthwhile to look into the way such agencies handle investigations and what they need to get on it.

Please do not endanger yourself or your family!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080206125038AAqWWSu

http://www.ehow.com/how_5664642_report-drug-trafficking-dea.html

---------- Post added September-13th-2012 at 07:12 PM ----------

http://www.justice.gov/dea/resource-center/how-do-i.shtml#2

Q: How do I report illegal drug trafficking?

A: Click here to submit a tip to the DEA electronically. If you prefer to speak with a DEA agent, we recommend you call your local DEA office. To find the office nearest you, click here. Information relating to pharmaceutical controlled substance trafficking may be reported electronically by clicking here or by calling 1-877-RX-ABUSE.

Oh man my heart goes out to you guys.

I appreciate your military trained, and your a protective husband and father. But man, please hold it in and go down the authority route, even if ti's an anonymous tip. You've not only yourself to consider man, but your wife and child. The last thing you want is him or his deadbeat friends seeking retribution on them whilst your not home as you've mentioned.

Hail.

Pay any penalties and move if at all possible. Money is the easiest thing to replace. Can't replace your wife or kids, or your freedom if you do something preemptivly. You shouldn't have to do this as you're not doing anything wrong, and it seems like running away, but again if you can it's the easiest safest way out of the situation.

When somebody doesn't have a job, has people driving up for 5 minutes a pop and he is buying TVs and asking people to hide drugs for him, it doesn't take any military spidey senses. It's flat out obvious.

That said, don't do ****. Get out of there or have a meeting with all the other neighbors and go to the cops. Tweekers are ****ing nuts and will do anything.

Next time a bunch of people are over, call local DEA, because like either a deal is going down or drugs are being used. That kind sounds dangerous, and meth is no joke, I wouldn't want someone like that around, especially not with stuff being stolen.

You don;t have to move, the police will move him for you. The violence and threats he uses are an intimidation tactic to make people too scraed to get police involved. Don't fall for it.

You put your finger right on the crux of it, you're a dad and husband, you have to do what is best in that context, and that means letting the cops, etc., deal with him. Doesn't mean you can't prod 'em along a bit though. Write down license plate numbers, keep a diary of things happening in your neighborhood, beg, buy or borrow cameras to keep an eye out when you're not there, keep in close contact with the other neighbors, you all need to be a support network for each other.

It can be rough having doper trash on your street because it takes time for the authorities to act but stay focused on the important thing here- keeping your family and home safe.

Can't you just tell him that you don't want to see him arrested, and if he doesn't tone things down, that's what's going to happen. I had a slightly less extreme situation with my neighbor, told him this, and he has cut down on the traffic and crazy drama quite a bit.

No one wants to be put in a cage. Anyways, if this doesn't work, then just wait. It won't take long for a situation to get out of hand, and then you won't have to deal with him anymore.

Pay any penalties and move if at all possible. Money is the easiest thing to replace. Can't replace your wife or kids, or your freedom if you do something preemptivly. You shouldn't have to do this as you're not doing anything wrong, and it seems like running away, but again if you can it's the easiest safest way out of the situation.

Seriously man, THIS.

I have no idea what your financial situation is, but I'd find a way to move yesterday. It's only a matter of time before you, your wife, or kids are at the wrong end of some of his "friends."

I knew a girl in college who roomed with a guy who turned out to be a smalltime drug dealer. She ended up having people break in and rob her-- drug dealers tend to have a lot of cash and make attractive targets for crimes since they can't really go to the cops.

Seriously man, move.

Can't you just tell him that you don't want to see him arrested, and if he doesn't tone things down, that's what's going to happen. I had a slightly less extreme situation with my neighbor, told him this, and he has cut down on the traffic and crazy drama quite a bit.

No one wants to be put in a cage. Anyways, if this doesn't work, then just wait. It won't take long for a situation to get out of hand, and then you won't have to deal with him anymore.

This dude ain't selling weed or coke, he is selling serious drugs. Meth ****s a persons head up badly. Tweekers are dangerous animals who are always stuck in a corner about to attack.

Sorry for your troubles. Like the others said, call the DEA. That's what they are there for, to get these dangerous people out of neighborhoods. Also, the info gathering should be unobtrusive and given over to the authorities to help them. They could take down the entire little meth pod. Also, if he's "cooking" it's an explosion hazard. And act like you always do around him so you don't arouse his suspicions. Don't bother telling your landlord, information could get out that you talked to someone.

That sounds absolutely horrible! As others have mentioned, I would NOT attempt to take things in my own hands. I have a question for you about this. You mentioned you smell some type of odor. Is this something noticeable all the time or only every once in a while? I'm asking b/c if this is a noticeable/pungent odor, you could play stupid and call the fire department/police department and tell them you think you smell gas. They'll have to respond to a possible gas leak, and at the same time, they'll have to inspect all 3 units since they're joined. Obviously, if they do this while something "fishy" is going on, your problem would pretty much be solved. At least this way, you're not "snitching". I dunno, maybe doing something like this would work.

This dude ain't selling weed or coke, he is selling serious drugs. Meth ****s a persons head up badly. Tweekers are dangerous animals who are always stuck in a corner about to attack.

You may be right, but I'd counter with everyone is different. At least give it a chance, and if things don't improve, then take more drastic measures like what others have suggested. Maybe it's naive, but I would hate to escalate the situation by getting law enforcement involved. It's a matter of opinion though, I don't know the man. If you judge him to be a lost cause, then by all means, take whatever measures you deem necessary to protect your family.

On a side note, how are you lumping weed and coke together? I don't think coke is any less destructive than meth, and I've done both in my younger years.

A simple anonymous tip should do the trick.

---------- Post added September-14th-2012 at 12:19 AM ----------

That sounds absolutely horrible! As others have mentioned, I would NOT attempt to take things in my own hands. I have a question for you about this. You mentioned you smell some type of odor. Is this something noticeable all the time or only every once in a while? I'm asking b/c if this is a noticeable/pungent odor, you could play stupid and call the fire department/police department and tell them you think you smell gas. They'll have to respond to a possible gas leak, and at the same time, they'll have to inspect all 3 units since they're joined. Obviously, if they do this while something "fishy" is going on, your problem would pretty much be solved. At least this way, you're not "snitching". I dunno, maybe doing something like this would work.

Remind me not to get on your bad side. You have a devious mind. I like it. :evilg:

Because I don't think there is much a difference, as far as having a problem and being an adult.

There's a big difference. With coke, you can never get enough. With weed, there really isn't much of a desire to keep smoking no matter how stoned you are.

But hey, think whatever you like. I'm just curious as to what your opinion is based on. It can't be personal experience if you truly believe that.

There's a big difference. With coke, you can never get enough. With weed, there really isn't much of a desire to keep smoking no matter how stoned you are.

But hey, think whatever you like. I'm just curious as to what your opinion is based on. It can't be personal experience if you truly believe that.

Hey, I don't live next to the OP, so lets move on.

Fair enough. You need to find some better cocaine....or not, depending on your perspective :P

Funny, the town I use to live in had a ton of bars, small town, lots of music venues and a ton of crappy coke. People use to say how bad it sucked that you couldn't find any good coke and I never agreed. As a bartender, the last thing you need is wide awake drunks at last call, they never leave and have the energy to be more of a problem than talkative. :ols:

There is no last call in the Caribbean.

Archived