Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hard to even recognize my team

DCthomahal

Most especially on offense. Converting 4th downs, at least some 3rd downs. Coming back from some unthinkably weird setback (last minute punt block for TD 1st half) to score in response when they start out the 2nd half instead of, "Well, time to fold up our tents and get ready to get on the plane home." Getting 10-12 yard gains on a fairly regular basis, not a steady diet of 2-3 punctuated by desperate attempts to pick up 7. "Well, we got a holding call -time to act like we have has as much chance of success as DCthomahal asking a super model out."? --NOPE, go out there and get that yardage back. Scoring points ...actually scoring points- not piling up some yards in preparation to turn it over at THE most gut wrenching moment and in the most disgusting/demoralizing way imaginable, but putting numbers up onto the score board. Plus not suddenly playing insanely soft defense after getting a lead. Not suddenly forgetting how to tackle if the other team has the Art-of-War lightening strike of inspiration to like, throw a screen. Not shutting down the run like they are the reincarnation of the '85 Bears ...right up until it's time to give up a 50+ run in the forth quarter that utterly kills us. Not conceding the emotional edge to the other team and using that to find a way to blow the game. Mainly just not finding a way to do whatever they need to do to make a boneheaded play in any of the several aspects of play that they have used to blow close game after close game after close game.

And what the hell was that?!?! Intercepting Drew right after the Saints set up the inevitable Redskin collapse (following Rak laughing his ass off after dropping a sure game saving interception -that looked all too familiar, needs to stop)???????? And then punching it in on the first play after the interception???? Getting a first down to run some time off the clock in the last couple minutes????

But most intensely: not finding a way to look like they definitely could win this game, man they are right in this thing, hey -they are hanging right in there with (fill in name of decent NFL team), if they just hold them to a field goal here they might have a conceivable chance, etc., etc., etc., ...but instead looking like it was their game and they were going to take it from anyone standing in their way. Period.

Not since Gibbs, folks, not since Gibbs.

I honestly don't know what I just watched.

Offense, defense. Some dude thats allegedly a rookie under center who looked like a seasoned vet. Outstanding playcalling, both sides of the ball. and 40, that's FORTY freaking points. All in one of the toughest places in the league to win.

What the Hell was that?

Man this is gona' be a FUN year.

Hail.

RGIII made it look like there is no difference between college football and the NFL. He played with poise like a vet, he was the much needed spark to our engine. He passed, he ran, he scored, he tried to block for Morris on the sideline, he is just amazing.

I expect him sometime during his career to be the first Qb to throw a TD to himself. ;) Sorry I'm hyperventilating, can't catch my breath.

I'm glad the stupid argument that the Shanny's are stubborn with their system and refuse to cater their offense to the players can be put to bed. We basically ran Baylor's offense on the first drive and I think I can count the amount of times Griff played from under center on my hand.

When Donovan was here we ran screens like there was no tomorrow. With Grossman we there was nothing that could be done to cater to the offense. And with Griff we see this absolutely awesome play-calling. The Saints D was pretty off-balance the whole game.

Play-action to snag a virtually game clinching first down on 2nd Down! AWESOME. From here on out, the offense will look much more dynamic as it should with the injection of so much dynamic talent.

Very nice win for the Skins. I would like to see them just close out a game for once. Not complaining about a huge win

---------- Post added September-9th-2012 at 05:20 PM ----------

RGIII made it look like there is no difference between college football and the NFL. He played with poise like a vet, he was the much needed spark to our engine. He passed, he ran, he scored, he tried to block for Morris on the sideline, he is just amazing.

I expect him sometime during his career to be the first Qb to throw a TD to himself. ;) Sorry I'm hyperventilating, can't catch my breath.

Brad Johnson did it already back in 1997 vs the Panthers

When I found out the Skins were on (I live out near Los Angeles), I decided to buy a new 60 inch HDTV. I figured I'd see RGIII's debut in large living color. I haven't seen this team (minus special teams mistakes) look this solid. They will give the rest of the league fits :) So excited to see more!

Meanwhile, Luck threw 45 passes for 309 and 3INTs.

Granted, he doesn't have as good a team around him, but RG3 looked great.

24/52 for 339 yards and a great 3 TD's ..yeah he had 2 interceptions but for his very first game in the NFL, not bad. Obviously on a kinda desperate team -throwing 52 times. I mean the 2 interceptions for a rookie is just sorta inevitable when you...

WAIT A MINUTE! That was Brees!!! The rookie: ZERO interceptions, ZERO turnovers! 19/26 for 320 yards... I would say he outplayed Brees. No way I could have foreseen that. Really did have some bizarro world feel to it all.

I agree with the comments that it was NOT perfect, though, of course. And for the Saints to have a pass in the end zone at the end to tie the game after we had such total control most of the way... Yeah, definite room for improvement on several fronts. But to be talking about needing to improve on our pretty solid win on the road over a very, very good team ...sooooooo sweet, still :-).

24/52 for 339 yards and a great 3 TD's ..yeah he had 2 interceptions but for his very first game in the NFL, not bad. Obviously on a kinda desperate team -throwing 52 times. I mean the 2 interceptions for a rookie is just sorta inevitable when you...

WAIT A MINUTE! That was Brees!!! The rookie: ZERO interceptions, ZERO turnovers! 19/26 for 320 yards... I would say he outplayed Brees. No way I could have foreseen that. Really did have some bizarro world feel to it all.

I agree with the comments that it was NOT perfect, though, of course. And for the Saints to have a pass in the end zone at the end to tie the game after we had such total control most of the way... Yeah, definite room for improvement on several fronts. But to be talking about needing to improve on our pretty solid win on the road over a very, very good team ...sooooooo sweet, still :-).

I think it shows just how unbelievably good Brees is that the team was down by 16 with what, 6-7 minutes left, and the game was nowhere out of reach. I expected them to score. And they did. And I expected them to get into a position to take shots at tying the game as time expired. And they did.

Brees is trying to do the job of HC, OC and QB. I have incredible respect for the guy.

Which makes it so much sweeter that the 'Skins have a guy of their own who has the possibility to be just as good, if not better. He's not there yet. But he can be. (goosbumps.)

I think it shows just how unbelievably good Brees is that the team was down by 16 with what, 6-7 minutes left, and the game was nowhere out of reach. I expected them to score. And they did. And I expected them to get into a position to take shots at tying the game as time expired. And they did. Brees is trying to do the job of HC, OC and QB. I have incredible respect for the guy.

I totally agree. Brees picked the team up on his shoulders, and tried to will them to victory. And he came close to pulling it off. Fortunately, RG3 didn't have to carry the team on his shoulders. He got great support from the coaches, play-calling, etc. He just had to go out there and play his game. Hope the coaches can continue to keep things simple for him and give him time to develop and grow his confidence/comfort/etc.

Archived