Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hard to even recognize my team

DCthomahal

RGIII made it look like there is no difference between college football and the NFL. He played with poise like a vet, he was the much needed spark to our engine. He passed, he ran, he scored, he tried to block for Morris on the sideline, he is just amazing.

I expect him sometime during his career to be the first Qb to throw a TD to himself. ;) Sorry I'm hyperventilating, can't catch my breath.

I felt right at home. After watching him play every down since he started at Baylor I was extremely proud, but not quite surprised. He looked just as calm and confident as he did wearing my beloved green and gold. I bet $$ on a parlay for Washington to win, plus the over. You do NOT bet against RGIII...ask coach Stoops. And with a defense, O-line, and RB like we have, people are ill advised to bet against the Redskins at all in 2012.

The skins shocked me. I thought they had no chance with the saints at home (i'll eat my crow now). What an amazing performance from all areas. I can't remember the last time somebody beat the saints like that at home. Griff looked great. Although, i thought he ran little too much (expose to injury).

Near as I can tell we have scored 40 or more points a grand total of two times this millennia before today. Feel more than free to double check this, but I have so far found only these two other times from Jan 1. 2000 until this morning we have mustered up 40 or more:

Game 16 Sun December 30, 2001 @ New Orleans Saints 40 10

Game 7 Sun October 23, 2005 San Francisco 49ers 52 17

The team we beat?

From USA Today http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/saints/notes.htm:

23.3 points — Average margin of the Saints' eight regular-season victories in the Superdome in 2011. The Saints scored 40 or more points in five of those eight games.

The biggest change for me was in the redzone...no longer did we get inside the 20 then settle for field goals...we went for the 7...did we get it every time? no...but our redzone offense is a thousand times better than previous years

Redzone defense also stepped up...holding them to field goals and making them use all their downs and chewing clock toward the end of the game...huge

There they are. :(

Ok, but let's move on from another crappy game in St. Louis (even our wins were usually pretty ugly) and still build on the positives to make this seaon overall something defintiely different. There were positives, the Rams played a strong game offensively, and if Morgan hadn't had that brainfart...

Yep, we're right back to coulda, shoulda, woulda. But I still think we have a good shot at moving on to the next game, building something solid this season, and laying the foudnation for something special in the onger term.

HTTR.

Archived