Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo News: Snyder Sells Dick Clark Productions

SonnyandSam

http://news.yahoo.com/investor-group-buying-dick-clark-productions-135231814.html

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2012/09/04/dick-clark-productions-sold-to-guggenheim-partners/

Red Zone Capital Management, owned by Dan Snyder, is selling it's stake in Dick Clark Productions. Snyder bought DCP for $175 in 2007. NYT is reporting the sale at about $370 million.

So I'll wait for people to post how he ran this business into the ground and caused Dick Clark to die from his heart attack. (check your sarcasm meters, ladies and gentlemen)

Now back to the waiting game for 5 days before "real" football begins...that would be Redskins football for those who think I don't know the cowgirls and midgets play tomorrow night. :evilg:

In related news, the Governor of New York has ordered Snyder to pay a 98% retroactive capital gains tax on the stock sale. When asked to explain the newly crafted last minute bill for punitive tax rates on all production companies named after celebrities with dance shows featuring teenagers, NY's governor retorted "Hey, he got off easy. We were gonna charge a 110% tax on gains of any companies with names featuring more than 5 flags, but we gave up on that one when we realized he'd lost money on that one...errr not that we're targeting anyone in particular."

In related news, the Governor of New York has ordered Snyder to pay a 98% retroactive capital gains tax on the stock sale. When asked to explain the newly crafted last minute bill for punitive tax rates on all production companies named after celebrities with dance shows featuring teenagers, NY's governor retorted "Hey, he got off easy. We were gonna charge a 110% tax on gains of any companies with names featuring more than 5 flags, but we gave up on that one when we realized he'd lost money on that one...errr not that we're targeting anyone in particular."

What does this have to do with Washington Redskins football?

He's the owner of the team. :D

The man knows his business.

Even a blind dog...

Even a broken clock...

Money makes money. The question isn't whether Snyder can Bain Capital some cash out of a company. It's if he knows how to run an NFL team.

Let me know when he sells the Redskins.

That'll be news I'm interested in.

Word.

It's funny when Snyder was suing the owners of the newspaper there were lots of posts saying that had nothing to do with the Redskins.

Now when the guy makes money it has everything to do with the Redskins.

Good for him. Good for anyone that makes that much cash. Even better for us as Redskins fans if he uses it to make our favorite team better.

I have been as critical as anyone about Snyder (esp Zorn's last year). But if you are going to go after him for the bad, you also should applaud him for the good.

...was Mara on the committee that passed the bill?

Archived