Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wednesday 8/1: Training Camp Tweets

rblgenius

He went four full practices without an interception. Some dropped INTs, but still.

Honestly, I much prefer him throwing picks and making mistakes. You learn from mistakes, interceptions, sloppy footwork. You can correct that. I'd be much more concerned if he was going lights out in every practice, about him AND our defense.

---------- Post added August-1st-2012 at 04:32 PM ----------

Another thing to keep in mind is that our defense pretty much knows exactly what the hell is coming by now. Defense usually is ahead of offense in camp, particularly when you've seen the plays for three straight years.

Another thing to keep in mind is that our defense pretty much knows exactly what the hell is coming by now. Defense usually is ahead of offense in camp, particularly when you've seen the plays for three straight years.

Especially since the offense took a step backwards with a rookie QB. If nothing else, Rex knows the offense better than RGIII. Once the rook gets it down, it'll change the advantage that the defense currently has.

@granthpaulsen

Josh LeRibeus getting first team work at left guard today. Ryan Kerrigan and London Fletcher are both getting the day off. #Redskins

Clayton:

1. RG3 could be RGDEEP: Somewhere between the skills and bodies of Michael Vick and Cam Newton is Griffin III. He moves around the pocket like Vick. His throws -- particularly the deep ones -- are as pretty as Vick's and Newton's. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll took time out of his offseason to study tape of Newton's deep throws and concluded he never has seen a rookie quarterback make as many big plays. According to ESPN Stats & Information, Newton's 30 completions of 21 or more yards in air were second to only Eli Manning of the New York Giants. Griffin could challenge those numbers. Like Ben Roethlisberger, Griffin does some of his best work outside the pocket, buying time to make plays. His deep balls explode out of his hand and are catchable.

But TE Chris Cooley may have summed up why Griffin will be a star. He's more mature than his age. Cooley said Griffin walked into the Redskins' locker room and immediately established credibility and leadership. Young players idolize him. Veterans respect him. The question is how long it will take for the Redskins to win with Griffin. Although Griffin has the potential of a 4,000-plus-yard passing season similar to Newton's, it won't be as easy in the NFC East. The Eagles, Giants and Cowboys have great man-to-man coverage skills. A tough schedule may make it even tougher for RG3 to win more than six games as a rookie, but if the Redskins finish strong, they could start thinking playoffs next year.

ESPN

Redskins

Former #Redskins WR Antwaan Randle El watches practice from the sidelines, chatting with former teammate @LFletcher59. #skinscamp

---------- Post added August-1st-2012 at 04:45 PM ----------

Redskins

Wednesday's #SkinsCamp Video No. 4: Running backs work on their hands http://t.co/Auaejph6

---------- Post added August-1st-2012 at 04:46 PM ----------

Redskins

#Redskins full squad practicing specific down and distance numbers, called in by HC Mike Shanahan. #skinscamp

Not worried at all about the INTs. By all accounts RGIII is a quick learner and really good at correcting his mistakes. It'll be really interesting to see if he's able to run these same drills much better the next time around.

Well you better be concerned, because RGIII had a knack for throwing interceptions while at Baylor.

He had like 17 interceptions while in college.

That compared to like 1160 attempts is pretty aweful.

:ols:

If JB can get his health and play decently, he at the least can provide depth behind Polumbus. Maybe it would be better for him if he doesn't try to play in all 16 games anyway. I like the guy and hope he gets well and plays well.

Doesn't work, not for the money he's getting paid. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't he making more than Cooley. We're at that point where we as fans have to realize he isn't productive and at a position where we're really hurting. We were hamstrung last year w/ this issue so we can't do it again this year.

Well you better be concerned, because RGIII had a knack for throwing interceptions while at Baylor.

He had like 17 interceptions while in college.

That compared to like 1160 attempts is pretty aweful.

:ols:

hahaha HIS BIGGEST MISTAKE WAS NOT MAKING ENOUGH MISTAKES!!!!

TheDcUnit,

Griffin at the 50 yard line ..... TOUCHDOWN. No one caught him. #Redskins #RGIII @RGIII

Get Some Baby

---------- Post added August-1st-2012 at 04:58 PM ----------

TheDCUnit,

Niles Paul at TE is working for Redskins #Redskins

Does anybody know what Zoom on the camera is? These videos of the QBs and Receivers are from so far away. If i didn't know Griffin wears the high socks i would think it was Grossman for all i know

---------- Post added August-1st-2012 at 05:00 PM ----------

TheDcUnit,

Griffin at the 50 yard line ..... TOUCHDOWN. No one caught him. #Redskins #RGIII @RGIII

Get Some Baby

---------- Post added August-1st-2012 at 04:58 PM ----------

TheDCUnit,

Niles Paul at TE is working for Redskins #Redskins

It was a run?

I would assume so, can't find any other info. I only have so much going on in twitter

theDCUnit

#RGIII speed in person is unmatched. There's a reason they talk about this guy. #Redskins

LOL either every other reporter there is a serious hater of RG III or this guy is making it up

Archived