Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wednesday 8/1: Training Camp Tweets

rblgenius

Do you guys hear on that 980 stream about saying RG3 struggling a little bit, taking a little longer to throw. And that Cousins had an impressive day getting the ball out early. Far as Iv read RG3 been impressive

---------- Post added August-1st-2012 at 01:27 PM ----------

That's what I said on page 2. There are 89 other guys in camp I'd rather hear about.

Im with on that one. Feel like I keep reading and reading more about it. Like to hear about the others for a chance

Do you guys hear on that 980 stream about saying RG3 struggling a little bit, taking a little longer to throw. And that Cousins had an impressive day getting the ball out early]

Yes, but they also said that he threw 5 int's in two days of practice. So take that one day for what it's worth, one day. I hope it doesn't turn into an issue. At least he has his legs to buy him some extra time.

Yes, but they also said that he threw 5 int's in two days of practice. So take that one day for what it's worth, one day. I hope it doesn't turn into an issue. At least he has his legs to buy him some extra time.

Cousins is playing against scrubs... Griffin is playing against complicated def. packages with a sub par OL and rotating FB's.

Do you guys hear on that 980 stream about saying RG3 struggling a little bit, taking a little longer to throw. And that Cousins had an impressive day getting the ball out early. Far as Iv read RG3 been impressive

Was it Chris Russell who said it? Cuz Russell has been reporting every negative thing RG3's done since he got to minicamp and has been digging for negative **** since he was proven wrong about Matt Flynn, as well as being wrong about the Redskins trading up and the Redskins talk to Peyton Manning.

Every other report has said that Cousins has looked like a fourth round rookie quarterback, having his good moments and his bad moment. He's thrown 5 picks and RG3 has thrown all of one that I can recall (though to be fair, RG3's had some dropped INTs.)

Stay away from guys like Russell if you want objective reporting. Keim, Tandler, Campbell, all are fair and even handed. They haven't been gushing over Rg3, but they've been fair. I wouldn't trust anything anyone like Chris Russell says.

Was it Chris Russell who said it? Cuz Russell has been reporting every negative thing RG3's done since he got to minicamp and has been digging for negative **** since he was proven wrong about Matt Flynn, as well as being wrong about the Redskins trading up and the Redskins talk to Peyton Manning.

Every other report has said that Cousins has looked like a fourth round rookie quarterback, having his good moments and his bad moment. He's thrown 5 picks and RG3 has thrown all of one that I can recall (though to be fair, RG3's had some dropped INTs.)

Stay away from guys like Russell if you want objective reporting. Keim, Tandler, Campbell, all are fair and even handed. They haven't been gushing over Rg3, but they've been fair. I wouldn't trust anything anyone like Chris Russell says.

Seems like cris russel has an ax to grind with RG3. I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

I think it was Russell

I was a little surprised what was said, cause I have read a lot of positives on Griffin in camp. So it took me back a little, but I know that theres going to be growing pains and his a rookie. And yes his playing with the first team defense and from what Iv heard been really good. Throw in the OL thing and seems like Griffin been making some plays. So I kind of took it with a grain of salt and I agree with what you said.

Thanks for the input about the reporters

I went to camp yesterday. RGIII does hold on to the ball a bit longer than Cousins or Rex, but he's going up against a better level of competition.

Why is it a negative if you are critical at all about RG3III? He's an elite talent and I'm very confident he'll get to elite status if he doesn't suffer any serious injuries. That being said, he is a rookie and will have a learning curve. At least my opinion is its better to temper expectations and realize he is a rookie versus expecting him to dominate the NFL from the get go. He has improvements to make and criticizing reporters who acknowledge that just doesn't make sense to me.

Seems like cris russel has an ax to grind with RG3. I thought I was the only one who noticed that.

Flynn was Russell's guy. He swore up and down that the organization was looking deep into signing Matt Flynn, and that we shouldn't/wouldn't trade up int he draft. Then he swore we weren't really looking at Peyton Manning.

He was wrong about all that. And since then, you're right; he's totally had an axe to grind with RG3.

---------- Post added August-1st-2012 at 01:57 PM ----------

I went to camp yesterday. RGIII does hold on to the ball a bit longer than Cousins or Rex, but he's going up against a better level of competition.

Why is it a negative if you are critical at all about RG3III? He's an elite talent and I'm very confident he'll get to elite status if he doesn't suffer any serious injuries. That being said, he is a rookie and will have a learning curve. At least my opinion is its better to temper expectations and realize he is a rookie versus expecting him to dominate the NFL from the get go. He has improvements to make and criticizing reporters who acknowledge that just doesn't make sense to me.

I have no problem with negativity. Like I said; Rich Campbell, Rich Tandler, and John Keim haven't been overwhelmingly gushing over RG3, and they've each talked about his positives and weaknesses, bluntly in frankly. They don't sugar coat their opinions. But I trust those guys to not let their own personal stuff color their opinion of what they see on the field.

I don't trust that with Russell. At all. He's a poor source of information as is, but he also has open biases as well.

Why is it a negative if you are critical at all about RG3III? .

It's not that you can't be critical of him. He does obviously has things to work on.

It's that Russel is exclusively critical of him.

Holding the ball too long, He's throwing INTs, he dropped the ball, he would have got killed by Orakpo .. those are the last 4 tweets of Russel about RGIII.

I think it was Matt Terl who tweeted recently that one of the hidden joys of training camp was seeing 4 or 5 reporters tweet the same thing about a play and then Chris Russell tweeting something completely different about it. The guy simply sucks at his job. I honestly believe Snyder hired him for 980 just so it didnt look like he hired people that would only say good things. Russell always comes with a negative slant. He also gets really pissy if you call him out on being wrong.

See, the only reason I wish the Redskins were on Hard Knocks is so I could see the rookie skits...

---------- Post added August-1st-2012 at 02:12 PM ----------

To expand on the matter in a bit more objective, technical, and informed detail...Russell is an idiot and a douchebag.

You just said what I said in less words!

...Did we switch places or something? I could swear it's usually the other way around...

Report: Good news, bad news for Brown’s hip situation http://kcmsports.com/index/2012/08/01/report-good-news-bad-news-for-browns-hip-situation/ #Redskins -- KCM Sports

This guy who wrote this is an idiot :ols:, saying that Griffin is a LEFT handed QB and that the Redskins really messed up by not addressing the RT situation because that's Griffin's backside blocker, etc. I mean really? Get a clue.

It wasn't Chris Russell. It was Rich Campbell.

This guy who wrote this is an idiot :ols:, saying that Griffin is a LEFT handed QB and that the Redskins really messed up by not addressing the RT situation because that's Griffin's backside blocker, etc. I mean really? Get a clue.

why do you think I messed up thinking about moving Trent to RT and starting Willie at LT. I lost track for a little you know what I mean

John Keim ‏@john_keim

@brucehallsports undrafted FAs? not really. Smith is hurt. looked shaky before. like madieu, but he's not fast. things change in games

John Keim ‏@john_keim

couple early nuggets. few appetizers. whatever u want to call them. #Redskins notes | http://WashingtonExaminer.com http://bit.ly/QffhJ3

I saw that too. Not sure how you get something that wrong. Also a lot of grammatical errors in there. Note to self, don't go back that website.

Archived