Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

There's only one reason to hide the bill and then force an 11th hour vote before anyone can read it: to disguise the fact that it's a trash bill and that the only real goal is to pass a tax cut for the wealthy  If you can pass it on a party line vote right before the recess before anyone can figure out what the **** it says, then you can send your conference out to their home states and districts to crow about repealing Obamacare and bypassing Democrat obstructionism and the red state voters will eat that crap right up.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I actually agree that sometimes negotiations are better behind closed doors.   But i would rather a representation of all parties behind those doors.

Negotiating in private makes it easier for both sides to mutually concede points which they couldn't concede in public.  

Course, that assumes that both sides are allowed into the private negotiation.  

28 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

It's disgusting that only men are working on this bill. 

Women will get screwed, and not in a good way.

I'm not sure I agree with the insinuation here.  So will the handicapped get screwed because none of them are involved in the negotiations?  I would imagine SOME of the best doctors in the world regarding womens issues are men.

I'd prefer to say its disgusting that only politicians are working on this bill.

It's male legislators who are working on the bill. It's disgusting because actual humans are not being considered, it's mostly a tax cut for the rich, so wealth redistribution, and advantages for insurance companies. 

The whole thing is disgusting frankly.

12 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

It's male legislators who are working on the bill. It's disgusting because actual humans are not being considered, it's mostly a tax cut for the rich, so wealth redistribution, and advantages for insurance companies. 

The whole thing is disgusting frankly.

Oh I agree.  I'm just saying I don't thing them being males has anything to do with it but instead them just being rich politicians.  If you disagree, I'd like to hear your reasoning.

13 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Oh I agree.  I'm just saying I don't thing them being males has anything to do with it but instead them just being rich politicians.  If you disagree, I'd like to hear your reasoning.

I don't disagree with you, but can you wrap your mind around how infuriating it is that NO women are working to represent women's health issues which are different than men's issues? After all, women comprise over 50% of the population. 

And BTW, I'm even more incensed that the males are of the right wing bent that women are second class citizens who should have NO bodily autonomy.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm not sure I agree with the insinuation here.  So will the handicapped get screwed because none of them are involved in the negotiations?  I would imagine SOME of the best doctors in the world regarding womens issues are men.

I'd prefer to say its disgusting that only politicians are working on this bill.

If handicapped people made half the country then yes it would still be suspect.

mccain, when asked why he wasn't happy with the bill, said:
"we used to complain like hell for the way the democrats did the Affordable Care Act, now we're doing the same thing"

every now and then he gives you a "aw that's why i used to like you" moment.

39 minutes ago, tshile said:

mccain, when asked why he wasn't happy with the bill, said:
"we used to complain like hell for the way the democrats did the Affordable Care Act, now we're doing the same thing"

every now and then he gives you a "aw that's why i used to like you" moment.

Although, I have to temper my praise for him speaking ill of his Party, due to the fact that no, the Democrats didn't do the same thing.  The Republicans (including, I'm willing to bet, McCain himself) simply lied, and claimed they did.  

• Like 5

Just now, Larry said:

Although, I have to temper my praise for him speaking ill of his Party, due to the fact that no, the Democrats didn't do the same thing.  The Republicans (including, I'm willing to bet, McCain himself) simply lied, and claimed they did.  

They claimed they did, and are now doing it.

It's a low bar, I know.

Wondering how many of the people who intend to vote for this:  

1)  Actually intend to cut Medicaid, down the road.  

2)  Simply think that putting Medicaid cuts in the bill is an accounting trick, to make the CBO score look better.  It won't really happen.  

3)  Don't really care whether it happens or not, it lets us claim a win, right now.  And we can decide whether to actually go through with or not, later, based on things like which Party we think will get blamed for the cuts, if they actually happen.  

(I suppose that, if I'm asking the same question, concerning Republican voters, I should add option 4) "Who cares?  Go, team, go!")  

• Like 1

So the way I look at it is like this: Pretty much the entire GOP wants to repeal Obamacare.  The vote on this specific piece of legislation is going to come down to whether "Repeal by any means necessary" takes precedence over working on an actual good replacement plan.

In the last week or so there have been enough voices from the GOP speaking publicly like they want no part of this, however, will they stick to their convictions or pull a John "Make a lot of noise, then fall in line" McCain?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

In the last week or so there have been enough voices from the GOP speaking publicly like they want no part of this, however, will they stick to their convictions or pull a John "Make a lot of noise, then fall in line" McCain?

Skippy the Turtle wouldn't be bringing it out from the back room unless he had 50 R's promises. 

They've already got 50 commitments. 

• Like 3