Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Fun Bunch Making a Return? (Cool pic from Mini-Camp)

CRobi21

It would be cool if the NFL allowed it as a ritual/home celebration for our team only. Much like the Lambeau leap for the Packers.

Probably wont happen, but that still be really cool.

Considering the Fun Bunch celebration was one of the reason the league made "excessive celebrations" a penalty, that won't be happening soon :ols:...

Considering the Fun Bunch celebration was one of the reason the league made "excessive celebrations" a penalty, that won't be happening soon :ols:...

I mean it's a bit foolish. They took all the things guys do after they score (high fiving, jump/chest bump) and getting it out of the way right off the bat.

:ols:

No stupid dance or making the opponent look bad. I dont see the problem. :)

I mean it's a bit foolish. They took all the things guys do after they score (high fiving, jump/chest bump) and getting it out of the way right off the bat.

:ols:

No stupid dance or making the opponent look bad. I dont see the problem. :)

Do you remember when the Cowboys got all butt-hurt when the Fun Bunch did their thing after a TD?...One of them tried going into the middle of the Skins players to break up the celebration :ols:...

---------- Post added June-14th-2012 at 04:28 PM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXOidZegyUc

tempND__8560--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

I wish they could do it. But it's a 15-yd penalty now. It's bull to me; what's the problem with it? Does it hurt the other guys feelings or something?

It'd be sweet if we were clearly going to win to pull it out in FedEx, though, damn the 15-yd penalty.

Maybe they'll come up with some individual dance that everyone does when they score.:pfft:

Do you remember when the Cowboys got all butt-hurt when the Fun Bunch did their thing after a TD?...One of them tried going into the middle of the Skins players to break up the celebration :ols:..

Damn those 2 cowboys got the Sandusky treatment...what? too soon?

Doing "The Fun Bunch" was all the rage playing football at the park or the playground back in junior high in 1983.

Just because a few Cowboys couldn't handle the fact that the Redskins said what they were going to do and then proceeded to do it all day long December 11, 1983, this got roped into the ban of the Gastineau sack dance.

I will say though that this isn't the first group to try and do a homage to The Fun Bunch. During the 1999 season, Westbrook, Connell and Alexander had a group hi-five thing going on too. Sort of a mini Fun Bunch.

13 points? In any proper fantasy, it's a shutout. I have them winning 75-0.

I hear you but I want them to think they have a chance in the first half and then we open the flood gates.

It hurts more for them that way :evilg:

I saw this on redskins.com too its a sweet pic, this has to come back,..... and dang there was alot of hate in that video 007.

I definitely agree that this should come back as part of the new generation of Skins WRs, but it probably won't last in today's No Fun League and the amount of hate in that NFLN video is unbelievable. The writer's just despised it as if it was the worst thing they every saw.

Geez, it sure puts a smile on my face to say I actually saw this on t.v. as it happened; the original Fun Bunch, that is!

Sometime in 87', there was a sports article titled ' Little Big Men Ambush the NFL'. It referred to alot of smaller receivers getting alot of attention on the field, and was a pretty good little read.

I know Mike wouldn't go for it, but even if it were flagged, even if we ended up losing the game, just to see them bring back some older classic traditions like this would surely put the fans in alot better mentality and add a little swagger to their steps. It would surely get Fex Ex roaring...

I would pay to see it done at the end of a rout!

Why not do it... League fine?

I doubt Mike would let em do it, even though it would bring the house down.

To see them all high-5 at the last "FIGHT" of HTTR would be waaay too cool, but the snobs at ESPN and NFLN would prob block it out, because they all hate the Skins, because their beloved Pukes would cry foul and Mara would call a meeting with Goodell, the commie bastage...:evilg:

:dallasuck

my dream is that one day soon we are closing out a 50-13 game against the cowboys and the last touchdown of the game is celebrated this way. Preferably on thanksgiving in jerry's playpen :point2sky:point2sky
HAIL YEAH!!!!!:dallasuck:dallasuck

Archived