Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: RG3's rocket arm leaves Hankerson's gloves in tatters

mzkp54

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829ae376/article/rg3s-rocket-arm-leaves-hankersons-gloves-in-tatters?module=HP11_headline_stack

The Cleveland Browns were never serious about Robert Griffin III, according to a report this week. As the story goes, they viewed him as "too small" and "eager to show how fast he was."

They forgot about his arm.

RG3 now resides in our nation's capital, the starting quarterback of the Washington Redskins. If his size and need for speed were ever questioned, we have solid evidence the man (and his loyal backup) can deliver the ball.

"Out here grinding," Redskins wideout Leonard Hankerson posted on his Instagram page. "This is what #RG3 and #Kirk (Cousins) did to my glove."

Mike Shanahan has seen this before. A mildly famous former quarterback of his, John Elway, was legendary for the pain he inflicted on his receivers' palms. Elway threw with force, and it helped Shanahan and the Denver Broncos win two Super Bowls.

RG3: Too small, too fast for Cleveland; just right for the quarterback-hungry faithful of Washington, D.C.

leonard-hankerson-2-120608-IA.jpg

Haha this was one of those articles that as soon as I read the headline a huge smile broke across my face. So excited...

Here is to hoping that RG3 and Hank become our stud QB and WR combination for a long time!

Also, I love that Cousins is also mentioned in the article. We got a lot of heat for the Cousins' pick, but backup QB is such an important position it he NFL. I haven't heard anything but praise for Kirk and hopefully he can hold off Rex for that backup spot.

I am so excited about the youth at our skill positions, that I can't hold back my enthusiasm!

QB - RG3 and Cousins

RB - Helu and Royster

WR - Garçon and Hankerson

TE - Davis and Paul

Now, let's get the OL to protect and have Kyle call a good game!

Hail!

Yeah of course Cleveland wasn't interested in RG3.... Just like harbaugh wasn't interested in Manning.

It's almost guaranteed that once a team doesn't get a player it wanted, they will claim that it was all for show and never intended on making the signing.

6' 2" and 225 is plenty big for me. Especially if he's fast enough to be considered a red zone threat and has an arm big enough to tear WR gloves. Those things are THICK.

Here's the info on a pretty good QB in the league with the same measurements as RGIII

Date of birth: December 2, 1983 (age 28)

Place of birth: Chico, California

Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m) Weight: 225 lb (102 kg)

Anyone know who?

Here's the info on a pretty good QB in the league with the same measurements as RGIII

Date of birth: December 2, 1983 (age 28)

Place of birth: Chico, California

Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m) Weight: 225 lb (102 kg)

Anyone know who?

aaron rodgers... whats your point hes the worst qb ever ;)

Archived