Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per UsaToday: T.O is broke

Cooooley47

Just some friendly advice, you might want to change the title, the article has very little to do with him being broke (and include a source in it).

Back OT, it is ridiculous how quickly that much money goes away. Too many people just with "yes men". They need to get some people to talk sense into how to use their money. Hell, they could put $5 million in the bank and just live off the interest (probably less, but I wanted to go with a safer number)

Just some friendly advice, you might want to change the title, the article has very little to do with him being broke (and include a source in it).

Back OT, it is ridiculous how quickly that much money goes away. Too many people just with "yes men". They need to get some people to talk sense into how to use their money. Hell, they could put $5 million in the bank and just live off the interest (probably less, but I wanted to go with a safer number)

I heard that someone near Iverson (accountant?friend?) actually put aside money that pays him an annuity of a fairly decent sum, so that he will never (maybe when really old) be totally broke. That's about the only way to avoid being truly broke and separate out some of that money so you have SOMEthing.

But it is odd to lose that much, even with child support, you should be swimming in cash. I hear accountants blamed but at some point, maybe you just need to go to an old fashioned bank, sit down with someone and at least have some of your money set aside from unscrupulous 'financial managers'.

I heard that someone near Iverson (accountant?friend?) actually put aside money that pays him an annuity of a fairly decent sum, so that he will never (maybe when really old) be totally broke. That's about the only way to avoid being truly broke and separate out some of that money so you have SOMEthing.

But it is odd to lose that much, even with child support, you should be swimming in cash. I hear accountants blamed but at some point, maybe you just need to go to an old fashioned bank, sit down with someone and at least have some of your money set aside from unscrupulous 'financial managers'.

You're right about Iverson...he's got millions in the bank that he can't touch until later in his life. In addition, he has a lifetime deal w/ Reebok.

Surely we'll hear about Portis next. He bought a few mansions in Mclean, VA at the height of the mid 2000s frenzy. CP had large posses living in the houses while he was with the Skins. Can't imagine there's much $ left if Clinton's talking about a comeback in 2012.

*info obtained from: real estate agents, pizza delivery guys, and contractors who performed work in Clinton's houses.

Until he realizes that he has a structured settlement and he needs cash NOW.

Yea well, for some perspective, in the end nothing is more outrageous than the money that Mike Tyson blew through and wasted on his way to bankruptcy. TO's fortune was nothing compared to what Iron Mike earned in his career. What was it like $300 million that he wasted? And I don't buy that whole "Don King swindled him" thing, everyone knew what Don King was, that counts as waste.

Don't forget that he had some monstrous child support payments. It's stupid that the courts just let the women take an amount that was based on what he used to make. It was going to dry him out extremely quickly.

It's stealth...well, not even alimony since that would require a marriage. But yes, there should be a middle-class maintenance level and not based on making the kid (and mom) rich because the father is rich. If it were that important to have the father's income, you could always wait until marriage and then have a man who had the resolve to wait and showed that commitment. Why do that when the State will just give you a "I ****ed an athlete" lottery ticket. Odd how few choose to get abortions when these women all probably had one too. Guess the other dude wasn't rich.

It's stealth...well, not even alimony since that would require a marriage. But yes, there should be a middle-class maintenance level and not based on making the kid (and mom) rich because the father is rich. If it were that important to have the father's income, you could always wait until marriage and then have a man who had the resolve to wait and showed that commitment. Why do that when the State will just give you a "I ****ed an athlete" lottery ticket. Odd how few choose to get abortions when these women all probably had one too. Guess the other dude wasn't rich.

As much as I agree, GoNP, I'm going to stay out of that talk...

:munchout:

Or, maybe TO could stop screwing gold-digging skanks? Just a thought. ;)

Or, maybe TO could stop screwing gold-digging skanks? Just a thought. ;)

Women are the gatekeepers. You know this. What they say goes if you want to sexual union with them. And it's clear what these particular women value and what/who empowers them to their ends.

(and of course he could be wiser but even if he were 'wise' he could still end up in the same spot as many men who were married have found out.)

Why is it a good thing that someone is broke? I understand you didn't like the player, but to wish ill on him post football is a little too vindictive...

Empathy is not valued very highly in this society anymore. It's been replaced with personal isolation.

If you're seperate from almost every other human, it's fairly easy to rationalize laughing at their misfortunes, and convince yourself it could never happen to you.

You could call it the banker's disease.

That being said, it's not like TO is blameless in this...and he's probably had a pretty fun life up til now, so I can understand the sentiment.

Don't forget that he had some monstrous child support payments. It's stupid that the courts just let the women take an amount that was based on what he used to make. It was going to dry him out extremely quickly.

At 20k a month for 18 years x 3 kids...It is just under 13 million.

He made 80 mill (From the NFL)

So...He had 67 million left over to scrape by.

Why is it a good thing that someone is broke? I understand you didn't like the player, but to wish ill on him post football is a little too vindictive...
Empathy is not valued very highly in this society anymore. It's been replaced with personal isolation.

If you're seperate from almost every other human, it's fairly easy to rationalize laughing at their misfortunes, and convince yourself it could never happen to you.

You could call it the banker's disease.

That being said, it's not like TO is blameless in this...and he's probably had a pretty fun life up til now, so I can understand the sentiment.

Agreed. Though he put himself in this situation, I won't jump for joy over it, and certainly wouldn't wish it on anyone else. Maybe I'd've done it if I was 13-16, but now as I've gotten older, I've realized that **** happens, basically, and no one is invincible, and everyone goes through rough times. I'm also able to separate how I feel about a player, from how I feel about that player as a human being.

There is a big difference between not feeling very sorry for someone, and saying **** them, they deserve it.

I have zero sympathy for people who make that much money and piss it away. I'll never see a small fraction of that, but I know I could live well on $50k per year. This clown blows $80 million in a matter of a couple years? Give me a break. He deserves to live in poverty.

Archived