Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Shanahan Chalk Talk (5/3)

Redskins Ruckus

I agree totally. We didn't need that nose tackle expected to start for the steelers in week 1. We didn't need that linebacker prospect the cowboys got that is expected to be able To shed blocks Unlike the lb prospect we got. More oline help? Please. Maybe if the next bpa was qb we should of got him too?

We're ready to go. Training camp can't get here fast enough.

Okay, first you were presenting your argument in a clear cut manner. Now your acting like a little kid. We get it. There were dudes you liked that we didn't pick. The sarcasm isn't needed at this point. Get over it.

Okay, first you were presenting your argument in a clear cut manner. Now your acting like a little kid. We get it. There were dudes you liked that we didn't pick. The sarcasm isn't needed at this point. Get over it.
I'm totally over it in this thread. Backup qb was the biggest hole we had to fill. Far more valuable than the other guys I listed. It's really a relief to be able to say that here.

I'm totally over it in this thread. Backup qb was the biggest hole we had to fill. Far more valuable than the other guys I listed. It's really a relief to be able to say that here.

Do you want Shanahan to write you a letter of apology for not going by your draft board?

This is straight from the coach... "The one place where we could be considered short, was at QB." about the Cousins pick AFTER RG3 had already been picked.

Coach obviously plans on easing RG3 into the system to keep from hindering his development, and as Coach stated Rex and Cousins will be competing, obviously for the starter position.

Cool story bro, cant wait to read more of your posts. :rolleyes:

This is straight from the coach... "The one place where we could be considered short, was at QB." about the Cousins pick AFTER RG3 had already been picked.

Coach obviously plans on easing RG3 into the system to keep from hindering his development, and as Coach stated Rex and Cousins will be competing, obviously for the starter position.

I sure hope you're laying the sarcasm on thick in this post, otherwise it would be considered an absolutely asinine (cue Stephen A Smith "asi-ten, asi-eleven, asi-twelve") remark.

Moss like Portis bulked up to do what is asked of them. Portis became our Riggo, and Moss was expected to be our Art Monk and had bulked up over the recent years to become our top threat in the short passing game.

I am thrilled he is back to an optimal playing weight, assuming we use him correctly. I love him out in space, I think he makes incredible adjustments on the ball. But not on that short high hard throw being lead into the Mike. In space, yes down field, his old stomping ground.

I'm not sure if you were at the same event that I was last night, but that's not what the coach inferred. Cousins will be a backup QB along with Grossman. You can be short at the QB position and not have a battle for #1.

Good write up, but out of pure curiosity man, how did thos all come about that he addressed 'a small crowd' of you guys last night?

Hail.

Probably an event to lure season ticket holders, or for current season ticket holders. Its usually Bruce Allen who does these "Chalk Talks" with fans though. Its definitely legit.

Edit: Wow, didn't see this was already on page 6. I'm sure all of this was already addressed. :ols:

It looks deadly on paper. Now let's see if Kyle can make it deadly on th field.

I actually have a lot of confidence in Kyle. We have been wanting a new era OC around here for awhile. I think his only negative is he does get a little pass happy now and then, but better than than the opposite. I think Mike will make sure to incorporate the run enough, but it is a passing league now.

I actually have a lot of confidence in Kyle. We have been wanting a new era OC around here for awhile. I think his only negative is he does get a little pass happy now and then, but better than than the opposite. I think Mike will make sure to incorporate the run enough, but it is a passing league now.

Kyle's system works - the team just couldn't quite execute last year. I remember seeing guys running wide open and getting deep all year but were either underthrown, overthrown, or not thrown to at all. Being a pass-happy league now puts emphasis on QB and WR, but I'm REALLY excited to see what Helu/Hightower/Royster can do. Very deep in the backfield with some great young talent.

Do you want Shanahan to write you a letter of apology for not going by your draft board?
Nope. Getting Kirk Cousins to be our backup QB, was a much better move than getting someone like Roy Helu or Perry Riley, like they got in the past two drafts in the fourth round. We did WAY better this time around. Kirk Cousins is much more valuable to us than those guys, or anybody we could have drafted instead at that time in the draft.

Nope. Getting Kirk Cousins to be our backup QB, was a much better move than getting someone like Roy Helu or Perry Riley, like they got in the past two drafts in the fourth round. We did WAY better this time around. Kirk Cousins is much more valuable to us than those guys, or anybody we could have drafted instead at that time in the draft.

So if you readily acknowledge that Shanahan has proven in recent years to be quite successful adding players in the middle rounds, why not trust him again this year?

Yea i think the eagles are stupid too when they drafted kakfa last year and then foles this year.

QB Cousins: The Redskins had ranked Cousins much higher and when they found him still available, they jumped on him. He said they took a look at all of the other positions and found that they had a great depth, one that we hadn't had since he was here. The one place where we could be considered short, was at QB. He did emphasize that the combination of FA and the Draft, they were bringing in a depth that afforded them the opportunity to take Cousins. A win/win on their end. He also stated that he intends to keep 3 QBs on the roster during the season. He pointed out how some very good teams completely fell apart after their starter went down. He wants Cousins to compete with Grossman.

Yes, but what does Skip Bayless think about this?

I jest I jest

Coach talked at length about how he has brought in a lot of guys to compete. He said he had never seen this kind of healthy competition before. He wanted to make the environment conducive to forcing guys to step up, or get out

Now this is what the **** I'm talking about! Just reading that gets me motivated. :point2sky:

Yea i think the eagles are stupid too when they drafted kakfa last year and then foles this year.

And they just paid Vick $100 million. How dare they. Those guys will never see the field!!!

So if you readily acknowledge that Shanahan has proven in recent years to be quite successful adding players in the middle rounds, why not trust him again this year?
Exactly!
Naw, you can always trade a backup QB for high round draft picks. I think the Eagles do it all the time, like the rest of the teams in the NFL. So we have a great chance to get a high round draft pick for a mere 4th rd pick. Another brilliant move by our Front Office.

I agree with this statement. However, I think you'll see a more balanced attack this year. There were games when we stopped running the ball because we were terrible at it. I'm a big supporter of Kyle, and I'm ready to see him open it up. I'll pass out the first game we drop 40. Hopefully it'll be on Thanksgiving, and I'll be close to a turkey coma to begin with. :)

I agree totally. We didn't need that nose tackle expected to start for the steelers in week 1. We didn't need that linebacker prospect the cowboys got that is expected to be able To shed blocks Unlike the lb prospect we got. More oline help? Please. Maybe if the next bpa was qb we should of got him too?

We're ready to go. Training camp can't get here fast enough.

You're right, we don't need a NT or a LB prospect. Currently, both units are among the deepest on the team. I'm not sure what more you wanted them to do about OL, but picking 3 in the draft and 2 more in UDFA plus one in FA seems like enough to most people.

You're ignoring anything that's happened this offseason because you'd rather cry about why the team didn't listen to you and go get all the prospects you put your heart into, who will all be out of the league in a year or two. Until you're a professional scout, no one's going to listen to what you have to say. Especially when you can't seem to leave sarcasm out or learn how to get a hold of that whole passive aggressive thing you've got going.

I wasn't attacking you, but you also didn't answer any of the questions I threw out which means you either don't have an answer, or you'd just rather cry about how the team has personally offended you.

Archived