Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Shanahan Chalk Talk (5/3)

Redskins Ruckus

It didn't seem that bad to me, but I'm also not a pro athlete. I snapped a few photos and a video. I'll see if I can manage getting it put up at some point.

Yeah it may not be that bad but when you compare what the Jets have at their new facility (heck even many big universities) Redskin Park gym is pretty outdated.

Great read, thanks for posting. From the outside looking in, it seemed like Shanny was bringing in a ton of fodder for the OL, hoping that something sticks. Sounds like we have some good talent that will provide a real competition - that's very exciting!

Also stoked that he put the Cousins pick in perspective. It absolutely blows my mind that after 20 years of **** quarterbacks, we finally have two seemingly competent ones, and people still find ways to ***** and moan .:ols:

looks like according to Mike not only he was the BPA but he had dropped way down our draft chart so taking him was an easy decision because of the value. Also i find it interesting he is saying we have competition at every position which if you look we do. We may not think much of the level of players competing at some of the positions but what the heck do we know. The Cousins pick is looking better and better each and every day where I am standing.

He really gave the impression that his standards equate to: I don't care who you are, your position as a starter is in jeopardy.

He said that expects each player to react accordingly, and I came away thinking that the good kind of competition is underway. He spoke very highly of Garcon and Morgan too.

ooooh, which reminds me: He said Moss looks to be in the best shape he's ever been in and that he had dropped 20lbs. He said Moss appears to be fighting hard to earn a spot on the team. He said he's lighter, faster, and very determined (or something to that effect. Don't take my words as exact quotes). He said similar things about Cooley--who also dropped a ton of weight.

He really gave the impression that his standards equate to: I don't care who you are, your position as a starter is in jeopardy.

He said that expects each player to react accordingly, and I came away thinking that the good kind of competition is underway. He spoke very highly of Garcon and Morgan too.

ooooh, which reminds me: He said Moss looks to be in the best shape he's ever been in and that he had dropped 20lbs. He said Moss appears to be fighting hard to earn a spot on the team. He said he's lighter, faster, and very determined (or something to that effect. Don't take my words as exact quotes). He said similar things about Cooley--who also dropped a ton of weight.

man if Cooley and Moss prove to be anywhere near their best of years past we could be a top 10 offense. Imagine all the weapons RGIII would have to help him out. And lets face it Moss in the slot in great shape could be one of the best in the league. Can't wait.

This is called the "RG3 effect". Players are coming in knowing they have the potential to be on a whole new level. The Redskins will be under an even bigger microscope this season

. When you see someone with the charisma and talent of your 2nd pick in the draft, will be your QB and face of the team, it sends ripples throughout the organization.

This is called the "RG3 effect". Players are coming in knowing they have the potential to be on a whole new level. The Redskins will be under an even bigger microscope this season

. When you see someone with the charisma and talent of your 2nd pick in the draft, will be your QB and face of the team, it sends ripples throughout the organization.

That's what I am thinking too.

Thanks for passing this on, Legendary. It confirms/supports the satisfaction and confidence I have in our FO these days that has been growing steadily for me for awhile. And the stuff abuot Moss & Cooley appearing reanimated is something I haven't heard anywhere before. That is very interesting. It would be very cool to see both win roster spots and have a season with our new QB! :)

Thanks for passing this on, Legendary. It confirms/supports the satisfaction and confidence I have in our FO these days that has been growing steadily for me for awhile. And the stuff abuot Moss & Cooley appearing reanimated is something I haven't heard anywhere before. That is very interesting. It would be very cool to see both win roster spots and have a season with our new QB! :)

On Cooley's knee, Coach said that no swelling has shown after three days of hard practice. This is great news. He said that after our Eagles home game last season, Cooley made the decision to sit it out for the remainder. A smart choice in my eyes.

On Cooley's knee, Coach said that no swelling has shown after three days of hard practice. This is great news. He said that after our Eagles home game last season, Cooley made the decision to sit it out for the remainder. A smart choose, in my eyes.

It'll be nice to see Cooley effective again. I love him as much as the next Redskins fan, and it was killing me to see him and his falloff. Hopefully he can end his career on the highest of high notes.

From the few videos i have seen the actual gym needs an overhaul. It seems tiny and outdated for modern training techniques. If the Skins continue to use Redskin Park as their home base for camps and such Dan needs to invest some money in updating the training facility specifically the gym.

This is probably why things have been heating up in terms of cities wanting us to build a new facility. Seems like Bruce and Shanny have be shopping around to build a brand new place, but I reckon they're doing everything that can to improve things in the short term.

Awesome. In Shanny I trust. He and Allen really have done a great job in turning this roster around. Very commendable.

Now we just need to start translating that into wins.

Which could be difficult this year. We have a ton of new players and I understand we're a lot better but it takes some time for them to make the scheme of things second nature. I hope if we don't put up a good amount of wins that Shanny keeps his job for at least another 2 years. He obviously knows what he's doing.

Wait...Cousins is going to compete w/ Grossman? I'm confused. I thought we drafted him in the 4th round to be our starter?

RG3 is going to be the back-up this season to learn the system. Cousins has so much starter potential and is such a steal, that we think he can push Rex out of the starters spot.

RG3 has great value though, because how many teams in the leage have a rookie back-up QB that can return punts?!! I suspected RG# woudl be awesomness but not at the epic level so soon!

Which could be difficult this year. We have a ton of new players and I understand we're a lot better but it takes some time for them to make the scheme of things second nature. I hope if we don't put up a good amount of wins that Shanny keeps his job for at least another 2 years. He obviously knows what he's doing.

Agreed 100%.

Wait wait. Shanahan logically explained WHY he took Cousins?

That can't be right. It has to be becuase he's white or because he's ignoring every other need, or he isn't sold of Griffin, or he's putting too much pressure on Griffin, or..

Hopefully now that he's said it again in plain English why they did it and what the pecking order is, maybe the media and their Legion of Idiots can finally let this moronic criticism rest.

~Bang

Wait wait. Shanahan logically explained WHY he took Cousins?

That can't be right. It has to be becuase he's white or because he's ignoring every other need, or he isn't sold of Griffin, or he's putting too much pressure on Griffin, or..

Hopefully now that he's said it again in plain English why they did it and what the pecking order is, maybe the media and their Legion of Idiots can finally let this moronic criticism rest.

~Bang

Yeah, take that Lavar!

Archived