Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Meet Your 2012 Washington Redskins Draft Picks and UDFAs - UPDATE #

tml6157

You guys need to understand that Shanahan has a reputation for finding his lineman and running backs in mid to late rounds of the draft and he bases it on system needs...If he thinks this guy was worthy of a 3rd round pick, I'll take my chances based on what he saw..

I didnt even know this LeRibeus guy till I watched some video. His all over the place (gets out and blocks which is going to be good for us)!!!

I didn't know anything about him either but if lich goes down and he can step in at left guard and play well that's all that matters....I would like to think the front office knows what they're doing and this guy projects to be a starter long term not just depth.....protecting rg is a priority and hard to argue going after opine help just hoping he is a long term solution for us

depth, in the 3rd round? Cmon man. There was talent available and instead of moving up or picking for value we go and draft one of the lowest graded guys that was picked in the 3rd round. Depth isnt our main need right now, what we need is talented starters. You dont get to the playoffs with a team made up with nothing but average players.

And to the above poster, there were better o linemen available

Give Shanny a call tomorrow.. I'm sure he'd like to sit down with you, since you know more than our front office does.

Haven't seen much of the guy but from the highlights they were showing, he looked like he could be a pretty good fit in the ZBS.

Give Shanny a call tomorrow.. I'm sure he'd like to sit down with you, since you know more than our front office does.

Haven't seen much of the guy but from the highlights they were showing, he looked like he could be a pretty good fit in the ZBS.

K, he does fit our scheme, I will give him that.

I dont see him ever being super athletic or anything, so his main strength will have to be just that, his ability to stand his ground and be strong. His short arms aren't going to do him many favors, so I think he will need to get a bit stronger, he seems beefy so maybe he can put some more muscle on that frame. If he does that, there may be hope for him to be a solid starter for us.

Does anyone have insight into how strong this guys hands are? He will need to be heavy handed to be able to latch on to the opponents he will face at the next level.

Don't know what to think about this guy :whoknows:, "Has a solid frame, but struggles on contact and can be overwhelmed by stronger D-linemen. Came from a quick-strike offense at SMU and never really had to play with a nasty streak". I guess I got to trust Shanahan. I'm worrying because the best corners and safeties are gone.

Can play guard and center, nasty streak, powerful, able to get all over the field? I love this pick. We can't go wrong with an interior lineman like this.

I just hope he works hard and doesn't balloon up again.

I'm hoping what I guessed in the Draft Themes thread is right. Sometimes when you are the edge of losing it all... academic inelligibility, balooning, etc... you develop a certain fire because you realize how precious it all is and you become determined not to lose it. That he comes back is big. That he came that close to losing it all is scary.

I'm hoping what I guessed in the Draft Themes thread is right. Sometimes when you are the edge of losing it all... academic inelligibility, balooning, etc... you develop a certain fire because you realize how precious it all is and you become determined not to lose it. That he comes back is big. That he came that close to losing it all is scary.

I haven't checked your thread out yet. I'll wait until we have more than 2 picks in buddy. :ols:

depth, in the 3rd round? Cmon man. There was talent available and instead of moving up or picking for value we go and draft one of the lowest graded guys that was picked in the 3rd round. Depth isnt our main need right now, what we need is talented starters. You dont get to the playoffs with a team made up with nothing but average players.

And to the above poster, there were better o linemen available

When the Giants won the Super Bowl back in 2008, their starting OL HAD NO FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS! 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 2 UDFA's! And it was the best OL in the league. So, do some research. Stop whining because the Skins didn't pick who you wanted them too!!

Guys, the pick makes perfect sense.

The Steiger, Monty, Chris Chester, Maurice Hurt, and Eric Cook.

That's our interior line, and it's not good enough -- not to mention our best player is coming off season-ending knee surgery.

We're desperate for help there, and if our FO identified this guy as the best fit, we owe them the benefit of the doubt. They found a quality starter in Perry Riley in the 4th, and a dynamic back in Roy Helu in last year's 4th.

This reminds me of the year when everyone wanted Selvish Capers in the 2nd round, then the 3rd, then the 4th, then the 5th. People were freaking out that we kept passing on this "beast" at a need position. We finally took him in the 7th, and ultimately, he couldn't play.

Relax and get excited about our new players today.

I was kind of hoping we'd take Brandon Taylor or if it was a guard, then Brandon Brooks because he's from my school and is a very good player. But I'll trust Shanahan on this one because I know he knows what he's doing. He has been almost as, if not as successful drafting interior linemen as he has RB's because he knows exactly what fits his scheme. Look how well guys like Polumbus, Hurt and Willie Smith performed last year. Those were basically no-name guys that Shanahan picked in the draft or UDFA. He knows what he's doing and I expect this guy to battle Hurt for starting LG if Lichtensteiger isn't ready.

This reminds me of the year when everyone wanted Selvish Capers in the 2nd round, then the 3rd, then the 4th, then the 5th. People were freaking out that we kept passing on this "beast" at a need position. We finally took him in the 7th, and ultimately, he couldn't play.

Relax and get excited about our new players today.

Took the words out of my mouth - vast majority of people don't really scout the players themselves - they are relying on the Mel Kipers and [insert blowhard's name] draft rankings which usually don't represent reality. Pick may be good, or it may be a bust, but hardly anyone on this board knows enough to add their own opinion, but they sure like to echo others opinions and pass them off as their own....

Also he decided to like the Texans just to spite his mother, who is a diehard Cowboys fan. Which is also awesome because her team's most hated enemy just made her son a third round pick of their team and is going to pay him. I love it!

You guys need to understand that Shanahan has a reputation for finding his lineman and running backs in mid to late rounds of the draft and he bases it on system needs...If he thinks this guy was worthy of a 3rd round pick, I'll take my chances based on what he saw..

This.

He drafted my teammate, Chris Kuper, in the 5th Round while still in Denver. Kupe has since become a team captain and if he hadn't broke his leg last year, possibly a Pro-Bowl player.

If the CBA hadn't expired, Kuper would have been an UFA last year. If that had happened, he would have been our starting RG for the next 6-7 years.

Archived