Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Meet Your 2012 Washington Redskins Draft Picks and UDFAs - UPDATE #

tml6157

Actually Massie is quick on his feet which should mean he should better in a zone blocking scheme. He is still available maybe we'll still get him of Zebrie Sanders.

If you watched Ole Miss play at all this year, it wouldn't be that big of a surprise that Massie is falling. Worst o-line play I've ever seen.

This.

He drafted my teammate, Chris Kuper, in the 5th Round while still in Denver. Kupe has since become a team captain and if he hadn't broke his leg last year, possibly a Pro-Bowl player.

If the CBA hadn't expired, Kuper would have been an UFA last year. If that had happened, he would have been our starting RG for the next 6-7 years.

I think most of us are so conditioned of draft failure from the Vinny Era that if we don't know who somebody is then it must be horrible. Never mind that all 12 picks last year made the team in some capacity.

I made this thread _________________________________________
Spotted a mistake bro but no worries I fixed it:

Scouting Report:

Height: 6-2⅜ | Weight: 223 | 40-Time: 4.41

Strengths:

• Amazing athlete with elite speed, quickness, burst

• Excellent arm strength and can make all the throws

• Elusive and can buy time and make plays with feet

• Is able to work outside pocket and throw on the run

• Very good touch, timing, accuracy and anticipation

• Throws one of the best deep balls that you will see

• Earns high marks for mental and physical toughness

• A respected leader who teammates will rally around

• Clutch and rises to the occasion in pressure situations

• Competitive and a winner who's able to elevate teams

• Mature and extremely intelligent with great work ethic

• Lots of experience (40 starts) versus top competition

• Still improving with considerable untapped potential

Weaknesses:

• NONE

---------- Post added April-28th-2012 at 09:57 AM ----------

J/K great work tml6157

Took the words out of my mouth - vast majority of people don't really scout the players themselves - they are relying on the Mel Kipers and [insert blowhard's name] draft rankings which usually don't represent reality. Pick may be good, or it may be a bust, but hardly anyone on this board knows enough to add their own opinion, but they sure like to echo others opinions and pass them off as their own....

You mean the Mel Kipers that ranked Jimmy Clausen as the best QB available of the 2010 draft? LoL,.

You mean the Mel Kipers that ranked Jimmy Clausen as the best QB available of the 2010 draft? LoL,.

I have been watching/reading/listening to media "draft guru's" for over four decades and I rank it way below weatherman as a profession you can be paid for, and be supposedly expert in, while being right a very small percentage of the time. The more they stay away form all but the very elite players in terms of talent evaluation, and focus instead on simply accumulating data on every player to share and guessing who a team might take in the first couple rounds and why, the better a chance they have to avoid looking totally clueless.

I like the leribeus pick

He's not the sexy physical prototype but very much fits the bill of a shannahan ZB scheme lineman.

From the video I saw, he seems to be a strong guy with good knee bend, decent quickness, and has a good natural understanding of playing angles from the OG position.

If he can live up to his draft position, I'd see him as a day 1 starter. If not great developmental depth.

I am trying to find a specific list for zone-blocking scheme lineman left in the draft, struggling to come up with one list but here's a few names spread around the web...I can't even find a list of college teams who run the zone blocking scheme.

Zebrie Sanders

Adam Gettis

James Brown

Joe Looney

Marcus Zusevics

---------- Post added April-28th-2012 at 11:32 AM ----------

He did get 31 on his wonderlic.

Ah, thanks. I did not know that. My questions about his ability to figure audibles out on the line of scrimmage are now erased :)

He doesn't have to be pretty. He just needs to keep RG III upright. I don't know if he's going to start day one, but with a year of NFL/Redskin time in the weight room, I think this guy is going to be helping the Skins OL for a long time. The number of OT's seems deeper than guards and with two picks in the 4th round, I'm hoping to see the OL addressed at least once, if not twice.

I thought it interesting that Mayock mentioned LeRibeus just before they cut away to the Commissioner, Ken Harvey and the blonde. There were a number of other guards still up on the board at that time, so just a little curious how he had that name in his bag.

I dont like the move to pick up Cousins. Why two rookie QB's when we should just get a veteran backup QB

Honestly seems like Allen and Shanahan are going BPA which most of the best teams do every year in the draft. I like it because it could be signaling bye-bye Beck, and if Cousins comes in over the next few years like Kolb or Flynn, it could be a chance to get back some additional draft picks. Honestly I'm not going to question it right now, because nobody outside of the war room knows what the Skins draft board and draft grades look like.

After what Allen and Shanny did last year in the draft, and the value that was acquired through the 7th round, I'm not going to question them until there's actually a reason to do so.

I dont like the move to pick up Cousins. Why two rookie QB's when we should just get a veteran backup QB

We have a veteran backup in Rex, Cousins is 3rd string and the backup next year. Probably a BPA pick and also looking to solidify a position which has been a revolving door since the mod 90's. With the holes at corner and RT it might have been a bit of a luxury pick but if Shanny likes the kid then it does make sense.

I like the cousins pick, he will be a very solid backup for us in case rg3 goes down. You can say goodbye to beck and crompton, and grossman is on a 1 year lease program to help transition both griffin and cousins to the nfl, in which after this season he will be gone to. Our qb situation just became very solid. love it.

Archived