Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need help with my girls name!

HRNY4ZRNY

So I just found out today Im gonna have a baby girl. Im really excited. My wife and I have looked all over for baby names and as a result have 2 names in mind that we are not thrilled about.

I guess we are pretty picky and just want it to feel right. How cool would it be if a extremeskinner helped us pick out our baby name!

So my wife doesnt want any plain name like Julie or Jane...

She also does not want anything to weird like Apple or Trinity.

No offense if you have those names.

So have at it extremeskins. If we love it we will use it... :D

I also love girls name that start with C or K.

So something thats unique but not so unique that your the weird kid in class.

Congrats, brother!

We are having our first daughter within the next week or so....

It took us FOREVER to pick out a name... for the obvious reasons lol.

Now, the method we used to decide her name was that we wanted our daughter to grow into her name. You can't go wrong with that.

And don't tell anyone the name, it's true.... they'll ruin it for you. Wait until after she's born.

Good luck!

almost forgot... don't... under any circumstances... replace a "y" or an "ie" at the end with just an "i'. Like Kelli or Nikki or worse, Tiffani, instead of the alternatives. You are just asking for trouble.

You like K's and C's?

How about Kacy?

KC-and-the-sunshine-band-1973.jpg

---------- Post added March-19th-2012 at 04:26 PM ----------

almost forgot... don't... under any circumstances... replace a "y" or an "ie" at the end with just an "i'. Like Kelli or Nikki or worse, Tiffani, instead of the alternatives. You are just asking for trouble.

Murgatroydi...

Yep, you're right, that stinks.

Congratulations!!!

I fell in love with the name of one of the softball girls I coached a few years back, Khiara (pronounced KEY-ARE-A). There are different spelling variations, Ciara, Chiara, etc. but I thought it was cute.

I also like the name Kennedy.

Other girl names I like that don't start with a K or C, however, are Peyton, Ellie, Stella, Leigh, and Maire (pronounced MAR-RAH).

You now have my secret list :ols:

Good luck, I hope the pregnancy goes smoothly and mommy and baby come out through this healthy and happy :)

Congratulations!!!

I fell in love with the name of one of the softball girls I coached a few years back, Khiara (pronounced KEY-ARE-A). There are different spelling variations, Ciara, Chiara, etc. but I thought it was cute.

I have a student who spells that name Keyairah.

My wife's name is Karla. I think Kacey is a good K name too.

Whatever you decide on, congrats!

Optimus Prime.

But seriously, congratulations brother. Insanely jealous that you're on the journey to fatherhood with a great woman. Some day, I hope to be in your shoes. Good luck on deciding a name for your future 'Skins fan :)

As the proud father of two amazing daughters, I offer my sincere congratulations. You think you understand love now? Just wait. My kids are 9 and 5, and I still just stop and marvel sometimes in the stupidest little moments. They were brushing their teeth the other night, when that realization that I had a part in creating the two most beautiful, most amazing human beings I know kicked in. I get choked up, man. I really do. The AVERAGE day with your daughter will be like the Skins winning 50 Super Bowls at once, and then some. Just indescribable.

Again, congratulations. :cheers:

As to the name question, do you have any family names that start with C or K? Or would your wife be willing to think outside the box to use another family name? I was very fortunate in that my granddad (my hero) had the middle name "Lacy." And my ex was actually the one that suggested we name my oldest daughter after him. Regardless, try to ensure that the name you choose has some meaning to you and your wife. Naming my daughter after my granddad was the highest privilege I have EVER had. In some ways I look forward to the day that I leave this earth. I'm anxious to see what he thinks. :)

Archived