Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Schefter & PFT: NFL salary cap debacle continues---updates include NFLPA filing collusion lawsuits---links and discussion current--MET

sableholic

Here's how you take money from teams with a lot and give it to teams with a little. Funny how it's the 2 most valuable franchises!

My guess is the skins knew something was coming, but didn't quite know what. But did the league the NFLPA make this "recent" deal WITHOUT telling Jerry and Danny at all??? That would be very ****ed up.

Still, every time we're supposed to be in "cap hell" we avoid it. We've got the best capologists in the league and it pisses people off. We may take a hit, but not the devastating blow our enemies would like. There aint a cap that can hold us. Mark my words.

Reading FBG's, who pretty universally pans any move the Skins make and ridicules them, everyone is on the Skins and Cowboys side on this one. The word "collusion" is all over the place.

I wonder if we can get an injunction to freeze free agency until this gets resolved?

Can we get an unbias opinion? Stop being homers. They reworked contracts, cut and moved players to unload cap space. The NFL told teams that just because it wasn't an uncapped year, they were not to do these things to load up for future years.

And that very "request" at the time seems illegal. How can you make that request?

"Uh, sorry guys, its an uncapped year, but we want you to spend like there is a cap".

That's not legal.

And that very "request" at the time seems illegal. How can you make that request?

"Uh, sorry guys, its an uncapped year, but we want you to spend like there is a cap".

That's not legal.

That and the LEAGUE APPROVED those deals!!! How can they approve them and then 2 years later say they are illegal???

That sounds nice but if we made those cuts we'd need to sign a starting RT, S, and CB. This cap penalty reduces the overall cap and that saving you get from cutting players can't be reused. This team not only needed to resign players but needed to upgrade with free agents. By cutting those players we have more to needs and less space with which to fill it.

Neither of the bolded statements make any sense to me.

We needed a RT anyway. And we can do better than Hall. But I'm mainly pointing out that people who quote numbers like Cooley saving 2 mil in cap space are only looking at one year saving, not the two years.

My thoughts...

1. This sucks that it's even happenning.

2. It wasn't "written" into the rules so how can it even happen, regardless of a stupid memo.

3. Maybe appeal and get it pushed back or lowered.

4. Meh, not a big deal honestly. Good excuse to cut a lot of fat. Seller and OJ already gone. Get rid of Cooley or Fred. Don't care of Carriker or Fletcher is back etc. Just go full rebuild by playing young players. That's just me.

If this is indeed the case, then the Skins and Cowboys are seriously getting hosed by the other owners. This is the very definition of collusion. I find it hard to believe that Snyder and Jerry came out of the CBA aware of this and we're just finding out about this now.
The other owners are just mad that were too cheap to do the same...and the NFL waited two years on the day before free agency to address this.

Neither of the bolded statements make any sense to me.

We needed a RT anyway. And we can do better than Hall. But I'm mainly pointing out that people who quote numbers like Cooley saving 2 mil in cap space are only looking at one year saving, not the two years.

When you cut a player you save cap space which is used to resign other players. This massive hit eats up MORE than what the team would save by releasing Hall, Brown, Atogwe, and Cooley.

Well we left $11M in the table this year under the cap. So it's not too big of a deal. I didn't see us spending $45M on free agents this year anyways.

I'd assume we can appeal and that would push it out a few seasons. Good thing is the Cowboys are imapcted too. I can't imagine Jerry Jones is too happy.

Archived