Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another trade in the works?

kiingspadee

Interesting. Saw the ABC7 tweets earlier, no idea what it could be.

Carlo‏@Carlo_SF

I'm at ABC7/KGO-TV (San Francisco, CA)

Saw it on the ABC7 twitter feed. Ain't got none ABC7s 'round here. Hope my stupidity didn't offend any geniuses.

Something in trade with San Francisco?

Bay Area...

Raiders, perhaps?

There is an abc7 in many major cities including Chicago, newyork, and... DC. Just because the first google result is San Fran doesn't mean it is :/

---------- Post added March-12th-2012 at 03:25 AM ----------

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=13633616

"According to @ABC7News the Redskins hope to Finalize ANOTHER trade in the next day or so this is SEPARATE from the RG3 trade"

what wrs have recieved tenders that we would trade for? wallace? djax? Or is it a wr at all could it be a lb or ss? Man cant wait til tuesday!

Unless you are suggests we trade the #2 pick for Wallace or DJax (and I know your not) then we are not players in that market. The word from our insiders is we are going after VJax hard in free agency to address reciever although I'm sure we will not be alone in that regards.

The other glaring holes we have are at RT and SS and maybe corner. There are a few names out here in free agency at SS and corner so my bet would be we are looking to bring in someone on the OLine who is competion to start at RT if Brown can not show he has got his legs under him again.

---------- Post added March-12th-2012 at 03:26 AM ----------

Santonio Holmes anyone?

No.

Obviously very little info here, so take my speculation for what it is.

If we are trading away players, I would think we would be looking to trade one of our older players, maybe Moss or Cooley. I would hate to see either of them go, but it is easier to imagine parting with them than some of the younger guys.

If we are trading for another player, you might want to look at positions that are thin in free agency. For example, there are plenty of WRs in FA, but not so many OTs or safeties, so I would think a trade for an OT or a S more likely than a trade for a WR.

If there are draft picks involved, I would think it would only involve us acquiring more picks and not giving any more picks away.

Within that framework, you might see something like Cooley or Moss for a safety or an offensive tackle, perhaps with the 'skins adding a mid-round pick. Just my guess.

There are a number of teams that badly need to clear cap room. Cardinals are $16 million over the cap, the Broncos need to clear room for Peyton and co., Radiers have been slashing guys left and right.

Ryan Harris deal makes sense, but we never tried to sign him when he was available twice last year on the vet min

There are a number of teams that badly need to clear cap room. Cardinals are $16 million over the cap, the Broncos need to clear room for Peyton and co., Radiers have been slashing guys left and right.

Ryan Harris deal makes sense, but we never tried to sign him when he was available twice last year on the vet min

Im sensing something in the works for Ryan Harris or Eddie Royal. Your comment about the Broncos kinda put the Royal scenario into perspective a bit

hmm..

do any of our players have value > talent?

who might.. need an OLB / DE? :(

im not sayin.. just sayin..

edit:

Perhaps were getting our #6 back, in order to snag Claiborn?

ok.. ok.. I'll stop guessing.. at least its all in one single post :D no padding here..

I love being a Skins fan.. we have all the fun, huh? :yes:

Sign and trades are awfully nonsensical in the NFL. People need to stop bringing that up as a possibility.

the Broncos need to clear room for Peyton and co.

The Broncos have more cap space than we do.

Im sensing something in the works for Ryan Harris or Eddie Royal. Your comment about the Broncos kinda put the Royal scenario into perspective a bit

Royal is a free agent.

Carlo‏@Carlo_SF

I'm at ABC7/KGO-TV (San Francisco, CA)

Saw it on the ABC7 twitter feed. Ain't got none ABC7s 'round here. Hope my stupidity didn't offend any geniuses.

Something in trade with San Francisco?

Bay Area...

Raiders, perhaps?

The Raiders have salary cap issues so I'm speculating that Darius Heyward-Bey will be a Skin.

Just throwing a random name out there....

Sign and trades are awfully nonsensical in the NFL. People need to stop bringing that up as a possibility.

The Broncos have more cap space than we do.

Royal is a free agent.

Thanks for the correction :)

---------- Post added March-12th-2012 at 05:35 AM ----------

Well if the report is coming out of S.F., then could it potentially be talks about Josh Morgan? Jsteelz posted something on twitter about it hours ago

Jsteelz ‏ @Jsteelzextreme

again other then V Jackson..E.Royal and Josh Morgan are sitting on the list of WR

Well if the report is coming out of S.F., then could it potentially be talks about Josh Morgan? Jsteelz posted something on twitter about it hours ago

again other then V Jackson..E.Royal and Josh Morgan are sitting on the list of WR

Morgan is also a free agent. It would be wise to disregard the San Francisco thing entirely seeing as the guy who suggested that didn't have the foresight to realize that DC's ABC station is also on channel 7 and the twitter account in question belongs to them, not the SF affiliate.

VJax and Royal I understand...but Morgan? Is he any better than some of our younger prospects? Is he fast and a deep threat?

Archived