Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another trade in the works?

kiingspadee

My out of left field prediction...

There was a rumor that Orakpo was floated in the Rams trade for #2 overall. I think they might be continuing to try to deal him, to recoup what they spent to move up for RG3. Then sign Mario Williams.

I think that is a brilliant deduction from the tweet.

Gaffney for a pick? The move would free up a spot for VJax and relieve the jersey number situation for RG3 and the marketing department...

That's hardly a reason to trade a guy. I think if it's a WR, it's going to be Tana. He's really slipped the last couple of years.

Wonder if we're trying to land RFA, Mike Wallace?

Do you have to trade them a 1st rounder for him, or can you negotiate a deal the Steelers would find acceptable?

They lost Hines and probably don't want to give him a massive contract with Brown on board.

Could it be like a Santana Moss & Jabbar Gaffney & a 4th for Mike Wallace?

Or do you have to pony up a 1st no matter what for him?

Just curious. He's a freakin' stud and would fit here, imo.

That's hardly a reason to trade a guy. I think if it's a WR, it's going to be Tana. He's really slipped the last couple of years.

Really? When you have the ineptitude at the QB position for so many years as Moss as had I wouldn't blame anything on him. Moss to me is still THE man! I don't want him traded @ all. HTTR!

I got it guys:

Bang bang = bang bang shrimp. Who's a shrimp? Desean Jackson.

I disagree. I think, as another poster pointed out earlier, we're looking to trade someone to the WWE for Cactus Jack.

But I hope we get Cactus Jack and not Dude Love, Mankind or Mick Foley. I feel they'd be a detriment to our plans. Cactus Jack would be a rugged, tough addition to our team.

cactusjack_posed.jpg

93 catches 2 years ago isn't slipping.

Still, he's the only WR who is worth anything, though I doubt it's very much.

Yes... and dropping TDs passes and other passes... fumbling inside the 10... I don't care to argue about it. His production has dropped.

Wonder if we're trying to land RFA, Mike Wallace?

Do you have to trade them a 1st rounder for him, or can you negotiate a deal the Steelers would find acceptable?

They lost Hines and probably don't want to give him a massive contract with Brown on board.

Could it be like a Santana Moss & Jabbar Gaffney & a 4th for Mike Wallace?

Or do you have to pony up a 1st no matter what for him?

Just curious. He's a freakin' stud and would fit here, imo.

Mike Wallace has a first round tender on him. You have to give up a first to have a shot at him!

If we're going with the TB and bang-bang thing, could be Aqib Talib.

As to your Mike Wallace thing...I believe he's tendered. So, Pittsburgh has the chance to match another teams offer or, if they don't, receive a 1st rounder in return.

A trade with the 49ers would make since then

Really? When you have the ineptitude at the QB position for so many years as Moss as had I wouldn't blame anything on him. Moss to me is still THE man! I don't want him traded @ all. HTTR!

If he's THE man the we shouldn't have any trouble getting a 1st or a 2nd for him should we? Please.... take off the goggles. Everytime I am honest about a player on this board I get mauled by his fan club. Please.... he's a good reciever, but his production and his level of play has dropped off with age. It happens to everyone.

Gaffney and Hankerson could be our 2/3. Still though, Moss is more of a slot threat at this point, so the acquisition of Jackson doesn't impact his roster status in my opinion.

But let's be honest... What are we going to get in return for Moss? a 5th rounder? Even that may be high at this point. Anything 5th or better is a real steal. The guy is aging, although he still has something left in his tank.

Archived