Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

His Place on Netflix was a solid horror/supernatural movie.  It told the story of an African refugee couple who are being haunted in their new home.  It goes over what they did to get the attention of the vengeful spirit and ultimately what happens to them and the spirit.  That is about all I can give away without spoilers.  It's a fun evening movie.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Truly fascinating how well original Independence Day still holds up even today.

I get it that we've advanced so far with CGI there's really need to spend money on anything else, but man, this feels more realistic then some of the stuff we see today because they didn't jus CGI everything.

And the acting isn't horribly pathetic for a disaster movie like a lot of then are now.  

Solid B at least.

Edit: hell yea with the pre-slap Will Smith in all his 90s glory.  The sequel should seppuku itself and act like it never happened.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Watched a short, 18 minutes, on HBO called Please Hold. It was a commentary on the automated world. I was kind of frustrated watching it because I felt for the guy. I watched it while eating breakfast. It was good.

Enjoyed this one as well.  Creepy how realistic his situation seemingly could be once society gets to that point.  

The New Beavis & Butthead movie was very well done and entertaining.  Highly recommend watching while stoned. 

First half of 2022 has been meh overall, only major standouts (for me) have been X, Everything Everywhere, Good Luck to You

Leo Grande, & Top Gun. 

Had a moment of clarity while watching the new Ghostbusters -- I am absolutely head over heels in man crush with Paul Rudd.  Have been for decades.  What a likeable guy.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Truly fascinating how well original Independence Day still holds up even today.

I get it that we've advanced so far with CGI there's really need to spend money on anything else, but man, this feels more realistic then some of the stuff we see today because they didn't jus CGI everything.

And the acting isn't horribly pathetic for a disaster movie like a lot of then are now.  

Solid B at least.

Edit: hell yea with the pre-slap Will Smith in all his 90s glory.  The sequel should seppuku itself and act like it never happened.

WELCOME TO EARF!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Saw Minions 2: The Rise of Gru. Gets a solid B+.  This is sequel to Minions but also serves as a prequel to Despicable  Me 1.  In addition to focusing on 3 Minions: Bob,Kevin and Stuart, they focus on a 4th: Otto.  Plus, you see the early days of Gru and how he meets Dr. Nefario.

Kids should love it.  The last 2 movies: Minions and Despicable Me 3 crossed over a Billion. Can, this one do that; post pandemic. Probably not but will be interesting to see how this one does. Maybe 2024’s Despicable Me 4 does that.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1

Liking how theaters show new releases on Thursday afternoons.

Saw Thor 4: Love and Thunder, gets a solid B.  It’s not the best Thor but it was a good new chapter. Natalie Portman was good as Mighty Thor. You don’t recognize Christian Bale as the villain.

Spoiler

The mid credit scene sets up Thor 5 and the after credits scene is a post script to this movie, showing what happens to one character after their end.

On 7/6/2022 at 3:05 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Bold of you to pick one of the most iconic scenes in cinema as your favorite scene from that movie 

That’s right up there with the scene from There’s Something About Mary where Cameron Diaz inadvertently used semen as hair gel.

18 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

That’s right up there with the scene from There’s Something About Mary where Cameron Diaz inadvertently used semen as hair gel.

I hadn't seen it when my best friend gave me that movie...and I didn't find anything funny until the end with the Favre thing.  (Yes, it was the sports part that made me laugh, everything else was stupid.)