Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins twitter - Redskins Re-sign Montgomery, Scott **UPDATEDx2** Salary update on post 97 - Old Montgomery thread

c4man5282

So what players do you see filling out the LG and RT positions?

Good question. I think both spots are big questions and there is not a lot at either spot in free agency IMO.

I think LG is Korys spot if he is healthy, he was playing very well last season before the injury. Nicks is by a long way the best guard in free agency but he is going to be very expensive and I can't see the Saints letting him hit the market anyway. I can see us adding a second tier guy in free agency and bringing in someone in the middle of the draft as depth.

At RT they will bring Brown back but he has to prove he is healthy or he might not even make the roster. Pickings in free agency are slim so we have to look to draft a tackle however if we do trade up and take RGIII we will almost certainly not be picking again before the 3rd round .....Smith played well at LT after Trent was suspended maybe he gets moved to RT?

Good question. I think both spots are big questions and there is not a lot at either spot in free agency IMO.

I think LG is Korys spot if he is healthy, he was playing very well last season before the injury. Nicks is by a long way the best guard in free agency but he is going to be very expensive and I can't see the Saints letting him hit the market anyway. I can see us adding a second tier guy in free agency and bringing in someone in the middle of the draft as depth.

At RT they will bring Brown back but he has to prove he is healthy or he might not even make the roster. Pickings in free agency are slim so we have to look to draft a tackle however if we do trade up and take RGIII we will almost certainly not be picking again before the 3rd round .....Smith played well at LT after Trent was suspended maybe he gets moved to RT?

My guess is that JB might get a stay of execution and stay right tackle, but he'll compete with Tyler Polumbus, who wasn't totally awful in his playing time, and maybe we try Smith at tackle and hope for the best.

My guess is that JB might get a stay of execution and stay right tackle, but he'll compete with Tyler Polumbus, who wasn't totally awful in his playing time, and maybe we try Smith at tackle and hope for the best.

Just watch us send a 5th or 6th to Denver for Ryan Harris.

He earned it...he was steady and deserved to be extended. Definitely a better center then guard. Not a big fan of him a guard. At center he's totally adequate. Like the move.

I like the signing as well. But he really needs to continue to earn his starting spot at C. As a backup he'd need to be able to play both G and C. His short time at G showed that he was inadequate.

Lichtensteiger would be great as a backup because he obviously did well at LG and has a lot of experience at C. But you don't normally put your "best" OL on the bench. I'd still like to see the Skins draft a Guard.

Harris isn't with Denver. He was with Philly this season but I believe he got IR'd in camp because he was dealing with back issues. It's an option, but it really depends on how healthy he is.

Didn't he play for the last part of the season for Denver and do pretty well.

Signing Monty was a great start....now just gotta address the RT spot and left guard.

Datko should be there in the 4th when we pick... so unless we trade both of our 4ths, we should have him and he's a starter waiting to happen.

Datko should be there in the 4th when we pick... so unless we trade both of our 4ths, we should have him and he's a starter waiting to happen.

I gotta admit i don't know much about the prospects so i'll def have to check him out. RT is a very high MUST though, and i for one would much rather have a higher round drafted OL than relying on FA.

Gonna google Datko now, appreciate the info as well.

Edit: You got me very interested in this guy DC9, sounds like exactly what we need. Hope he lasts til the 4th though.

http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/datko_andrew00.html

Another sensible move by the F.O. The center position is Monty's to lose.

It would be good to get Lich back as well. He said that he'll be ready for camp, but a mid round OG would probably be a wise choice.

Maybe we make a play for Mike Brisiel during FA. Just a thought.

Archived