Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins twitter - Redskins Re-sign Montgomery, Scott **UPDATEDx2** Salary update on post 97 - Old Montgomery thread

c4man5282

Grant Paulsen ‏ @granthpaulsen

The Redskins and center Will Montgomery have agreed on a new 4-year deal. Montgomery would have become a FA next month: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/02/25/redskins-agree-to-terms-with-will-montgomery/

---------------------------------

edited

Redskins ‏ @Redskins

Redskins Re-sign Montgomery, Scott: The Redskins have re-signed guard/center Will Montgomery and defensive linem... http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Re-sign-Montgomery-Scott/85e86389-5b0b-4691-9331-28172bc27ec7?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I have a hard time believing he signed a 4 year deal prior to testing FA if there wasn't at least a very high chance he'd return as the starter. Fine by me because I think he played well, but I wouldn't expect us to bring in another starter at center now.

Still it's all about the money to a guy looking for his first big contract. And it's not like he was likely going to be in heavy demand. A guy like that could easily decide to "test the market", not find a deal up to what his original team offered, and then not find that offer on the table anymore.

I never really saw C as a big need. I would love to get a mid round guy like Blake, Jones or Brewster to compete with him and give us some nice depth.

Still it's all about the money to a guy looking for his first big contract. And it's not like he was likely going to be in heavy demand. A guy like that could easily decide to "test the market", not find a deal up to what his original team offered, and then not find that offer on the table anymore.

I never really saw C as a big need. I would love to get a mid round guy like Blake, Jones or Brewster to compete with him and give us some nice depth.

I think Chris Meyers is such an obvious move we are going to do it.

Then you have Will/Kory as very good guard/center depth and Maurice Hurt in that mix as well.

Willie Smith can be a good swing tackle

I think Chris Meyers is such an obvious move we are going to do it.

Then you have Will/Kory as very good guard/center depth and Maurice Hurt in that mix as well.

Willie Smith can be a good swing tackle

I don't think so, because of age and price tag. I am not saying we definitely won't, nor am I saying it's the worst thing we could do. Just that I wouldn't do it, and I really don't see it as an 'obvious' move.

Nice signing. Hopefully we can get Chris Myers from the Texans in free agency and Monty can be part of the teams long term O-line depth.

Also take note that, according to Pro Football Focus' metrics for pass blocking, Montgomery was average. Hurt was at the bottom in the league.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/21/2011-pass-blocking-efficiency-guards-and-centers/

Nice signing. Hopefully we can get Chris Myers from the Texans in free agency and Monty can be part of the teams long term O-line depth.

Also take note that, according to Pro Football Focus' metrics for pass blocking, Montgomery was average. Hurt was at the bottom in the league.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/21/2011-pass-blocking-efficiency-guards-and-centers/

Hurt's numbers did get much better the last few weeks of the season, though. For a guy who was drafted as a project, we should be encouraged by Hurt's season overall.

I don't think so, because of age and price tag. I am not saying we definitely won't, nor am I saying it's the worst thing we could do. Just that I wouldn't do it, and I really don't see it as an 'obvious' move.

Yeah.

And there's the whole thing about the player wanting to up-root, leave one team and place and transition to another. Mind you Houston went to the playoffs.

Archived