Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What are your Super Bowl Sunday plans?

SC_RedskinsFan

I am just curious what everyone does for the big game.

I always go to a pretty big party, there will be about 50 people at it. We always cook a hog, everybody brings food, and there is plenty to drink. It always turns out to be a nice spread! It works out well that it's at my bosses place, his garage is about 1800 sq ft so there is plenty of room, and we have 3 tv's going for the game.

The best part is i usually don't have to go to work the next day till 9 :ols: Speaking of that, I think the game should be moved to Saturday night ;)

I usually watch the game alone. I can't stand all the distractions. Most people that attend SB parties aren't even paying much attention to the game, half the time. I like hearing the announcers, watching the commercials, everything. Of course I'm the same way with the Redskins (minus the commercials). Most people that know me know not to call me during a Skins game.

These days I usually cook something on the grill and watch it at home with my wife & kids. We have our own little SB party.

I realized over the years that by going over to a friends house or to a big SB party that I ended up missing most of the game, commercials, etc. Plus I always had to watch how much I drank, or became a designated driver, etc.

Having people over and doing a pot luck dinner (which is a great way to have a bunch of food w/o having to spend a crap ton of money). and I'll be making my chicken chili again!

---------- Post added January-29th-2012 at 05:47 PM ----------

As much as I'm proud of the fact we beat them twice, in the big scheme of things it doesn't mean jack ****.

It will mean something if they win and when their fans start talking crap. Sure it's obviously not as important, but at least it's something.

:yes:

Drinking a keg all by yourself? :ols:

It always amazes me how much beer a keg can hold. :ols: For the Colts/Saints SB, I got a small keg. About half the size as those you normally see. I had I think it was 6 friends over. For some reason, we still got canned and bottled beer, thinking we'd finish the keg easily and have plenty of beer left over. Yeah...not so much. On Monday and Tuesday night, I was drinking from the keg all by myself, cups and cups of it because I had to take the keg back on Wednesday and I didn't want to waste the beer. There was enough for me to get drunk on both Mon and Tue. I couldn't believe that there was always something in there! :ols:

Drinking a keg all by yourself? :ols:

It always amazes me how much beer a keg can hold. :ols: For the Colts/Saints SB, I got a small keg. About half the size as those you normally see. I had I think it was 6 friends over. For some reason, we still got canned and bottled beer, thinking we'd finish the keg easily and have plenty of beer left over. Yeah...not so much. On Monday and Tuesday night, I was drinking from the keg all by myself, cups and cups of it because I had to take the keg back on Wednesday and I didn't want to waste the beer. There was enough for me to get drunk on both Mon and Tue. I couldn't believe that there was always something in there! :ols:

When I was in the USMC a buddy and I got a regular keg for a party for a guy getting out thinking we could kill it. After the party we cleared out the fridge and put it in there for a week or so and had a party at our place every night till it was gone. :ols: You defiantly get your moneys worth of beer out of them!

I am just curious what everyone does for the big game.

I think the game should be moved to Saturday night ;)

I concurr. Being that I need to wake up at 4AM for work, Super Bowl Sunday is usually lots of pregaming and is usually Super Bowl first half.(unless the Skins are playing) :ols:

Archived