Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Rotoworld (1/19/12): Redskins very interested in signing Matt Flynn

Alaskins

First he's not coming, then he is. First the FO hates Flynn, now they like him.

Seriously, can we just lock all the pundits in a room and tell them to not come out until they get their story straight?

That being said, I'll take Kiper over over Roto based on history, but then again who knows what happens. Hopefully Flynn doesn't happen.

We aren't getting a QB this year, that's what my crystal ball says. Another year of Rex Grossman (re-singed) then sell the farm for Matt Barkley next year. Use all our picks this year to bolster the offensive line, secondary, WR core, and linebackers.

I am not opposed to Matt Flynn though.

this board would commit mass suicide if this happened

Probably lol. The talk since October has been that we need a QB. I just don't see us trading up to get RG3 nor are we going to make a run at Flynn. We are gonna wait another year to get our guy. I don't think the FO cares about Tannehil, Osweiler, or Foles. I sort of like Case Keenum but no one seems to be with me on that one.

LL, you're barely ever wrong and when you make a call on something I stop taking any other reports seriously, but you seem to be more emotionally invested in Griffin becoming the Skins QB then simply predicting it (I mean no offense, just being honest) Flynn has a limited body of work but some of the throws he made against the Lions were some big league throws and he does have qualities that would make him a good fit for this offense. I don't think this is BS at all. I see Griffin being plan A, but I don't think anyone of the decision makers is adopting a Griffin or bust policy and it's very plausible that Flynn is plan B.

---------- Post added January-19th-2012 at 03:41 PM ----------

We aren't getting a QB this year, that's what my crystal ball says. Another year of Rex Grossman (re-singed) then sell the farm for Matt Barkley next year. Use all our picks this year to bolster the offensive line, secondary, WR core, and linebackers.

With another year of Rex Grossman all we'll have to sell to get Matt Barkley is a contract.

I see Griffin being plan A, but I don't think anyone of the decision makers is adopting a Griffin or bust policy and it's very plausible that Flynn is plan B.

Impossible. Flynn can only be the skins plan A, because he is a FA. That comes March 13th. Draft comes April 26th.

Our plan A is coming from the draft, plain and simple. The true plan B is if come summer and Peyton Manning is 100% healthy, he will be plan B. But, regardless we are drafting someone this year. Just a matter of who.

The draft day is going to be a blast. Stay away from here.

According to RotwitPN, we're considering signing Jason Campbell and Donovan McNabb to 100 mil contracts to tutor our rookie QB, who we'll acquire in the draft by trading up, then down, then up again, then passing on the pick 8 times before surprising everybody by selecting a 12 year old who isn't eligible yet.

Lmao! I agree. We go through this every year. Wait I just read an article saying we traded our first three picks for Peyton Manning and brought back Grossman to tutor Manning in our system. Come on people, wait till March then start talking about this stuff.

Is this a serious post?

Do you think he would sign with no signing bonus? Do you know the cap implications of doing such a move?

Signing bonus and cap implications wouldn't be the issue here. It would absolutely destroy the credibility of the FO here. Why would any free agent ever sign with us after seeing the way we treat our players? If we did that to our "franchise quarterback of the future" why wouldn't we do it to anyone else? Bad business.

No the consensus is that he's not that talented and is more of a product of the offense he plays in. Lacks arm strength to be more than a backup in the NFL.

FYI in 2004 Art Briles then coach of University of Houston recruited a QB named Kevin Kolb. In 2007 Briles then recruited Case Keenum to run the same offense (later was coach under dana hogerson and then kliff kingsbury). Robert Griffin III also committed to Houston but transfered to Baylor when Briles left for Balyor before the bowl game in 2007. Point is, Briles' offense is a deviation of the Texas Tech offense in which Kolb, Keenum, and Griffin III all played in. If you say Case' offensive stats are a product of the system them so is RGIII. Prior to 2011 RGIII was boarderline a disappointment, while Case had multiple 5,000 yard 40+ TD seasons. Is Case a better NFL prospect then RGIII? No, base on raw ability and arm strength, but Case is extremely smart, mobile, accurate, and has the best pocket presence I have seen.

Flynn = Grossman 2.0

Dude has only played 2 games in the NFL. I would much rather just get a 2 round QB if we can't Luck/RG3. I don't understand why some people are inflating Flynn value's after one game.

professional-athletes-drunk-party-pics_rsknp_46.jpg

rex-grossman-drunk-pictures1.jpg

any questions?

---------- Post added January-20th-2012 at 02:26 AM ----------

i dont know about a qb who snokes cigs lol Shanny might have a issue with his cardiovascular endurance :)

I have read most of the threads regarding Matt Flynn and one thing I have noticed that people fail to mention is that it could end up costing us just as much if not more to sign Flynn rather than trading up to get Luck or RG3. Green Bay is not stupid and they are not just going to let him go. They will probably use a franchise tag on him and then if we negotiated a contract with him and Green Bay doesn't end up matching it and we get him then they would receive compensation. I am not exactly sure what it would cost but it could end up costing something like 2 first round picks.

Archived