Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What age did you first get cable tv ?

shuler74

Cable was available in some capacity around 1985 or so but my Dad figured NBC, ABC, CBS, PBS, and Channel 5 & 20 ( DC stations) were all we needed. Rabbit ears and changing the channel without a remote went along with that. " Son, get up and change the channel". :)

The first time I had cable TV was when I got to my duty station at Ft. Carson and that was in 1988. One person had the cable account, and the rest of us would splice the line and get our cable from him.

I had it most of my life I believe. I remember having it when I was around 5 years old. I'm not sure if I had it before then or not. I can't remember.

---------- Post added January-14th-2012 at 02:44 PM ----------

You guys had cool parents.....

Yeah, I was one that had cool parents. One of my friends didn't have cable. When he slept over at my house, watching HBO and such was like him going to Disneyland lol.

I believe it was an early version of cable wayyyyyyyy back in 1969-70 in Colorado Springs. I think we had to do the foil wrap flags,on arm in the air,one leg out to the side thing with antennas after that until 1982 when we moved in to the Van Dorn apartments. Good timing too,since MTV was still getting started. :)

I think I was around 5 or so.

were not old you guys are young..lol, it sucked thinking about the channels that were available, 4,5,7,9, and 20.....I also remember when skins were on cbs.....instead of stupid fox

OMG I remember the epic feeling that would flow in my body once the music that started at 0:43 came on.

The good days :(

I don't know exactly, but probably late 70s. My parents got it because reception was weak in our area, and they wanted PBS so that I could watch Sesame Street. I remember it simply being an A/B switchbox which you could switch between two different set of channels. It got a little more sophisticated when I moved to Chesapeake in '82.

Readiing about the good ol days of us winning superbowls reminded me back then there were only so much channels available, which made me think I believe I was 18 when my parents first got cable tv and that was 1992...lol

Do hotels count? If not, I've never had cable (or satellite for that matter).

Archived