Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

colts to take luck with #1 pick (espn ticker during duke bball game)

daveakl

What was your most memorable Redskins Wild Card Performance?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. What was your most memorable Redskins Wild Card Performance?

• 1982 Vs Detroit - Alvin Garret 3 TD Catches
    • 1982 Vs Detroit - Jeris White 77 INT Return for a TD
    • 1986 Vs LA Rams - Darrell Green running down and Eric Dickerson
    • 1990 @ Philadelphia - Defeating the Eagles 20-6
    • 1992 @ Minnesota - Defeating the Vikings 24-7
    • 1999 Vs. Detroit - Defeating the Lions 27-13
    • 2005 @ Tampa Bay - Sean Taylor 51 Yard Fumble Recovery for a TD

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7435726/indianapolis-colts-draft-andrew-luck-stanford-cardinal-no-1-pick-sources-say

Colts to pick Andrew Luck, sources say

EmailPrintComments

By Chris Mortensen

ESPN

Archive

2012 NFL draft order

The Colts will pick No. 1 overall in the 2012 draft. The 20 non-playoff teams know where they'll pick, aside from coin flips that will break ties for the Nos. 8 and 11 picks. Draft Order

With the stunning dismissal of Bill Polian, the architect of the Colts' 11-playoff appearances, uncertainties remain over Peyton Manning's health and Jim Caldwell's future as coach, but sources say one thing is certain: Colts owner Jim Irsay plans to take Andrew Luck with the dr

...Again, I think it's real interesting that the Colts have no general manager and no head coach (pretty much), and yet "sources say" that Irsay---who is the owner and doesn't make football decisions, or at least he shouldn't----is going to draft Andrew Luck first overall.

Really really interesting.

Oh. Look at all these grains of salt I found...

I know that many of us have been cooking up scenarios in our heads and trying to apply a bunch of longshot logic in order to find a way that we might still end up with Luck, but this should have been pretty obvious to all of us once the Colts started 0-4 or 0-5...good for them, but man it does seem like some guys have all the luck. Now, if the Patriots find another Tom Brady late in the draft, I'll be even more annoyed.

If I were the Colts management I'd do the same thing. If Luck is a sure, sure, sure thing, then draft him and roll with Luck after Manning. Although, I keep hearing that Luck can sit a year and learn behind Peyton. Which sounds nice in theory but I think if healthy, Peyton will be effective beyond that one year. That could cause more ego bruising down the road.

Maybe polin wanted to trade out and roll with manning?

I think Polian did a ***** job and that's why he was fired. But, I also wonder if Irsay hasn't hired a GM yet because he's decided to take the Jerry approach to managing from now-on.

Interesting that he's made this announcement without hiring, or possibly even interviewing, a GM or HC. I doubt many of them would have had a HUGE problem with it, but why not just hire one and let them make the announcement?

Anyway, I think we can now officially put all the "Colt's tanked it for Luck" rumors to rest, since everyone has been fired.

I swear they're lucky. I hope that if we land a franchise QB we pull this out from the colts text book +15 years later. These guys are set for another decade man while the Redskins continue to struggle to find a qb.

I'm all for drafting a franchise QB #1 after RG3 gives us this 15 years of HOF play.

If I were the Colts management I'd do the same thing. If Luck is a sure, sure, sure thing, then draft him and roll with Luck after Manning. Although, I keep hearing that Luck can sit a year and learn behind Peyton. Which sounds nice in theory but I think if healthy, Peyton will be effective beyond that one year. That could cause more ego bruising down the road.

That is actually the perfect situation for them, Manning comes back for proves that he is still healthy and able to play, Luck sit and learn for a year. In 2013 they trade manning for a 1st round pick or w.e. Luck starts in 2013.

I think Polian did a ***** job and that's why he was fired. But, I also wonder if Irsay hasn't hired a GM yet because he's decided to take the Jerry approach to managing from now-on.

Interesting that he's made this announcement without hiring, or possibly even interviewing, a GM or HC. I doubt many of them would have had a HUGE problem with it, but why not just hire one and let them make the announcement?

Anyway, I think we can now officially put all the "Colt's tanked it for Luck" rumors to rest, since everyone has been fired.

Or they agreed upon this plan, and to make it more believiable they go their seperate ways after they tank.

Archived