Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins just a QB away from contending?...Some rival fans seem to think so.

There are some Cowboys fans wondering if Dallas is in reality no better than the Redskins...while there were some who laughed off the idea, I was a bit surprised that more than a few Dallas fans viewed us the way they did:

I actually like the Redskins chances in the future. They have an owner who has smartened up, and hired football men to run his team. We still have an owner that thinks he's the best man for the job and will never change.
If the Redskins get the QB position fixed Hello NFC East basement Dallas Cowboys. :(
I'll be concerned if they draft Griffin. He's an upgraded version of Vick with an NFL-caliber arm.
They've averaged only one win per year less than us, and have won 2 playoff games to our one.

For all the fun made of the Redskins in this forum, they're very much the same as Dallas. If they are able to acquire a good QB this offseason, Dallas will probably be the 4th team in the NFCE next year.

We got lucky and our Colt Brennan turned out great
I think "Jerry Jones = Danny Snyder" is more appropo.
I wonder who should be more insulted by the comparison.
What has Romo sits to pee gotten us? Nadda. If they get Griffin, which they very easily could by trading up, then they will then have a better QB than us too. They already have a defense that is way better than ours.
True dat. They're a QB away from being a serious contender.

We have our QB, but he can only do so much with the weak team around him.

We will be perennial cellar dwellers the moment the Skins find their QB.

Nothing earth-shattering or anything, but sometimes I wonder if rival fans give the Skins more credit than our fans do lol (not to mention the local media).

I think it's more opposing fans know how valuable a great QB is. Dallas in particular because, for as much we love to bash Romo sits to pee, he is a top 10 QB surrounded by mostly average players.

If we had any of the other three NFCE QBs we would have laughed our way through the NFC East and all the draft threads would be replaced with threads regarding our upcoming playoff game...

I think it's more opposing fans know how valuable a great QB is. Dallas in particular because, for as much we love to bash Romo sits to pee, he is a top 10 QB surrounded by mostly average players.

If we had any of the other three NFCE QBs we would have laughed our way through the NFC East and all the draft threads would be replaced with threads regarding our upcoming playoff game...

Exactly, if we had Romo sits to pee, Eli, or Vick, this team goes 10-6 at the worst! Our D has been our strong suit for years but we've never been able to piece the O and D together. We get Griffin or a top tier QB, and we will be golden.

I'm surprised there are that many Dallas fans that can piece together a coherent sentence, much less use a computer...;) I had to

But, no seriously they have a point.

I said the same thing think in some other thread this year.

QB play alone cost us a handful of games this year.

I don't think we're a superbowl contender but with solid QB play we would have been a division contender.

If fans of our hated rivals can see the improvements we've made, why do so many of our own fans still question it? Personally, I think it speaks volumes to the job Mike, Kyle, Bruce and yes, even The Dan, have all done in the last 2 seasons.

Are we great? No. Are we headed in the right direction? I think so... HTTR

Because many of our fans are ignorant to how valuable the QB spot is and still think you can win in this league with THE HOGS and 70 CHIP!!~~

If fans of our hated rivals can see the improvements we've made, why do so many of our own fans still question it? Personally, I think it speaks volumes to the job Mike, Kyle, Bruce and yes, even The Dan, have all done in the last 2 seasons.

Because many of our fans are ignorant to how valuable the QB spot is and still think you can win in this league with THE HOGS and 70 CHIP!!~~

If fans of our hated rivals can see the improvements we've made, why do so many of our own fans still question it? Personally, I think it speaks volumes to the job Mike, Kyle, Jim, Bruce and yes, even The Dan, have all done in the last 2 seasons.

The funny thing about Romo sits to pee is, as great a quarterback as he can be at times (he said through clinched teeth...), he's not even a Jerry Jones pick. Stastically Romo sits to pee's the best Cowboys quarterback ever, and Jones didn't draft him or want him; Romo sits to pee was a Sean Payton project.

Best thing that could ever happen to the Cowboys is for Jones to have a wake up call like Dan did. But that's never going to happen. He's going to run that organization into the ground.

Seems like we are fairly solid all around. QB and playmaking WR are the obvious needs. I think Luck would put us in playoff contention rookie season, maybe RG3 too, making plays with his feet, until he gets more pro style experience, playing over center, ect.

The question to me is to what extent will the team around them erode over the next 3 seasons without the premium draft picks?

The funny thing about Romo sits to pee is, as great a quarterback as he can be at times (he said through clinched teeth...), he's not even a Jerry Jones pick. Stastically Romo sits to pee's the best Cowboys quarterback ever, and Jones didn't draft him or want him; Romo sits to pee was a Sean Payton project.

Best thing that could ever happen to the Cowboys is for Jones to have a wake up call like Dan did. But that's never going to happen. He's going to run that organization into the ground.

We got lucky and our Colt Brennan turned out great

This is it, right there. Look at that Dallas roster. Take away Romo sits to pee. It is a NIGHTMARE cleverly disguised as a pro football team. They have some offensive talent, but they have no interior line. Their defense though...only Ware, Lee and Ratliff and *maybe* Jenkins are legit NFL starters. Newman should be a nickel guy. Sensabaugh is worse than Doughty. And there's a steep dropoff from those two, which is scary.

Without Romo sits to pee, they're a 4-12 team or worse.

And the wakeup call is not coming for Dallas. At least not this decade. Jerruh still thinks he won 3 Super Bowls.

I'd say right now, we have between 30 and 35 "long term NFL players" as starters and depth, i.e, if we cut them, they would find jobs elsewhere. For example, if we cut Keyaron Fox, he'd be a reserve somewhere else. If we cut Paulsen, he'd get at least a TC look. So on. Dallas? They got like 15.

Here's some more comments from Cowboys fans. I think it's from a different Cowboys forum. They were discussing prospects that they didn't want to see come to the NFC East.

With respect to their draft order, for me it's:

Redskins: RGIII

RG3 to the Skins. That's by far my biggest worry. Any good QB, really, but especially him.
I agree about Griffin as he looks extremely special. I would prefer the Redskins to flop around with mediocre QBing.
I could see Snider being too stupid to learn from history and trade away his whole draft to get RGIII. I don't think I will be comfortable till he is officially off the board to a team that is not in the NFC east.
RG3 is my answer.

I'd be thrilled if Landry Jones is the Skins QB. I'm not impressed at all.

They are overwhelmingly worried about us getting RG3 lol.

I have to think that, despite a little bit of success under Parcells and some of the carryover of Parcells' talent through the Wade years (and Phillips has shown in Houston this year that he is a good D coordinator), that Cowboys fans have to be getting sick of Jones and his son managing that team.

I have to think that, despite a little bit of success under Parcells and some of the carryover of Parcells' talent through the Wade years (and Phillips has shown in Houston this year that he is a good D coordinator), that Cowboys fans have to be getting sick of Jones and his son managing that team.

I wish we hired Wade =(

This. The division came down to week 17, with one of the other NFC East QBs I think we would've been right in the mix.

its nice to see them concerned instead of laughing at us. however.... for those of you that remember when Sean was murdered....quite a few came here and created accounts only so they could offer condolences.... surprisingly there are some decent cowturd fans out there... they just have poor taste in football teams.

This is it, right there. Look at that Dallas roster. Take away Romo sits to pee. It is a NIGHTMARE cleverly disguised as a pro football team. They have some offensive talent, but they have no interior line. Their defense though...only Ware, Lee and Ratliff and *maybe* Jenkins are legit NFL starters. Newman should be a nickel guy. Sensabaugh is worse than Doughty. And there's a steep dropoff from those two, which is scary.

Without Romo sits to pee, they're a 4-12 team or worse.

And the wakeup call is not coming for Dallas. At least not this decade. Jerruh still thinks he won 3 Super Bowls.

I'd say right now, we have between 30 and 35 "long term NFL players" as starters and depth, i.e, if we cut them, they would find jobs elsewhere. For example, if we cut Keyaron Fox, he'd be a reserve somewhere else. If we cut Paulsen, he'd get at least a TC look. So on. Dallas? They got like 15.

You mean like last year when they had to play Jon Kitna?

If you ask ESPN, Dallas has mad talent on their team and they are ripe for the Superbowl every year.

I have been making the argument after the 10th week that we would win the NFC East if it was not for the horrible play by Grossman and the even worse play by Beck. I really dont think we will get Luck or Griffin so I am all about signing Flynn and surrounding him with Blackmon, Hankerson, Gaffney, Moss, Cooley, Davis and the 3 headed monster at RB

You are right there are some, but you have to get the right guy at QB you cannot simply plug anyone in there an hope he works out because you draft him high. I personally am all in this season , there are two top shelf QBs available in this draft and we have the opportunity either one of them depending on what we give up . This has to be the year we make the move - I don't think Flyn is the answear but if he was a FA then he might be worth bringing in . I think/hope he is going to Cleveland where he would be a fantastic fit .

We are more than a QB away from winning it all but we are a QB from taking the next important step .

I got some quotes from Eagles fans

Barkley is likely staying put at USC, that sends RGIII's stock through the roof and teams will clearly have to jump up to grab him ahead of Washington/Miami if they want a QB this year. Look out for Seattle.

Anywhere but Washington, PLEASE!!!!!

Trading multiple 1st's and 2nd's would be what Griffin would probably be the cost, and it's looking like the Skins might end up with that spot anyway- I doubt they'd pass on him.

The reality is we should be rooting heavily for Pittsburgh right now, so that Cleveland can draft him. Otherwise he might end up in red and gold for the next 10 years.

if the redskins get him i will be furious. hes gonna be a superstar for the wrong team

I agree man. RG3 is the best QB in this draft. It looks like he will be out of the skins reach now. Unless of course they trade up.

From Giants fans

Really don't want him in the NFC East....Much rather see the Redskins take Barkley. The thought of what Griffin could do for the Skins is outright scary....
same here brother. it would be mcnabb all over again except i think he'll torture us even more. wash has some good young recievers and helu seems to be coming on nicely. give shanahan a qb of rg3 caliber and they will be extremely dangerous. please take barkley wash!

for those of you that remember when Sean was murdered....quite a few came here and created accounts only so they could offer condolences.... surprisingly there are some decent cowturd fans out there... they just have poor taste in football teams.

I remember. They were actually the best fanbase in the NFC East during that time. Eagles were the worst but not as bad as the Seahawks. Dallas fans I've known, non-bandwagoners, have been the best or most civil of NFC East fans I've met.

@LFletcher59 London Fletcher

Watching Andrew Luck, thinking how good he would look in burgundy & gold!

Sounds like London Fletcher agrees with Cali!

He was on NFL Network last night and emphasized how it's a quarterback driven league and that we really need one.

"Somebody hacked my account," Fletcher responded with a smile, when asked what he meant by his tweet. That sent the entire crew into laughter, including Fletcher.

LOL

At this point, all of this scares me. People are getting their hopes up for RG3 and some other team may offer something that we can't match in a trade up. If we try to trade, no one will be surprised and I also think that with all of this talk of trading up to 1 or 2, the price is being driven up for those picks. I can name more than a few teams who really need a franchise QB, so we aren't the only ones in this position. I would be good in going for Luck or RG3, and a lot of other teams would be too.

Archived