Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins player you'd most like to see do commentary?

skinfan2k

which is why i found it hilarious when i read an article the other day that Portis was possibly seeking a TV career.... really? he must be kidding. his complete lack of prose and proper grammar makes the idea absolutely ludicrous.

You mean like Emmitt Smith? :)

yeah exactly .... although.... sadly CP may be worse

Or say...Lavar Arrington? It's literally his job to speak the English language for long periods at a time, and he is incapable of doing that. If any one of us were incapable of doing our job, we would be fired, but he continues on.... :mad: Anyways, sorry to hijack the thread. :pfft:

which is why i found it hilarious when i read an article the other day that Portis was possibly seeking a TV career.... really? he must be kidding. his complete lack of prose and proper grammar makes the idea absolutely ludicrous.

Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders also lack those same attributes and it didnt stop them

Or say...Lavar Arrington? It's literally his job to speak the English language for long periods at a time, and he is incapable of doing that. If any one of us were incapable of doing our job, we would be fired, but he continues on.... :mad: Anyways, sorry to hijack the thread. :pfft:

Lavar? He's come quite a long way...it's polarizing, thats what his show is

Okay, so we all know about Sonny and Sam ... and if not ... well, there's a thread for that.

But if they were to suddenly retire, who Redskins player, current or former, would you like to see/hear in the booth

Me, personally, Chris Cooley. I listen to him on the Junks and I always love his demeanor on the air. I think it would be good in a game. Especially on TV, breaking down a play.

CC was my first thought. I think he'd be entertaining at least for a little while. Pair him up with Fred Smoot.

ESPN needs to hire Cooley to do interviews when he hangs it up. If anyone has seen him do interviews for Ochocinco's network, he's absolutely hilarious. He also knows the game, is very articulate, and tells things how they are. He's always had a feel for the fans and how to interact with them on a different level.

thanks to the fact that i just got up to date and bought a smart phone.... i was finally able to listen to the broadcast from 980. first off i have to say i love the modern electronic age. i was able to take the game everywhere with me Saturday. however, i hate to say cause i know he is a legend and all but it is time for Huff to step down. poor guy sounded lost. i mean he sounded like a guy who never played a down in his life. im sure it is just him getting on in years but, he was almost unbearable.

as for Lavar.... i dont think he is so bad. yeah i know he dogs the team and the organization, and many times i agree with what i have heard but i dont have to hear it all the time like many of you do. Lavar isnt that bad. he is fairly articulate. he has room for growth but nowhere near as bad as some of the examples given.

sorry to have hi jacked the thread but it really caught my fancy when i saw this thread because of hearing the broadcast this week and Huff just sounding soooo lost.

as for whom i would like to hear.... i would probably have to agree with many others here and say Cooley without a doubt. he is educated, articulate and has a great entertaining personality and i dont think he would sugar coat things either.

Archived