Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins player you'd most like to see do commentary?

skinfan2k

Okay, so we all know about Sonny and Sam ... and if not ... well, there's a thread for that.

But if they were to suddenly retire, who Redskins player, current or former, would you like to see/hear in the booth

Me, personally, Chris Cooley. I listen to him on the Junks and I always love his demeanor on the air. I think it would be good in a game. Especially on TV, breaking down a play.

Hard to say really. I think Fletch would be great. It would have to be a sharp, articulate dude.

which is why i found it hilarious when i read an article the other day that Portis was possibly seeking a TV career.... really? he must be kidding. his complete lack of prose and proper grammar makes the idea absolutely ludicrous.

Jon Jansen. He will make a great color commentator someday if he gets the chance.

---------- Post added December-27th-2011 at 03:48 AM ----------

which is why i found it hilarious when i read an article the other day that Portis was possibly seeking a TV career.... really? he must be kidding. his complete lack of prose and proper grammar makes the idea absolutely ludicrous.

Uh, have you ever seen GameDay Morning on NFL Network? Bad grammar is like a part of the job description. He's a shoe-in there.

Jon Jansen. He will make a great color commentator someday if he gets the chance.

---------- Post added December-27th-2011 at 03:48 AM ----------

Uh, have you ever seen GameDay Morning on NFL Network? Bad grammar is like a part of the job description. He's a shoe-in there.

nope.... i dont have NFLN. but is it just me,,,,, or does it seem most of the guys that come from THE U just sound stupid? i know im gonna get roasted on this but.... the reason ST probably didnt do that many interviews was because of the few he did have... or least the ones that i saw.... he wasnt very articulate or very good in front of the camera.

it just makes me wonder how you could get through 3 to 4 years of college and not know how to speak. yes some people are just more articulate but some of these guys i see accross the league .....not just from THE U ..... sound very uneducated.

nope.... i dont have NFLN. but is it just me,,,,, or does it seem most of the guys that come from THE U just sound stupid? i know im gonna get roasted on this but.... the reason ST probably didnt do that many interviews was because of the few he did have... or least the ones that i saw.... he wasnt very articulate or very good in front of the camera.

it just makes me wonder how you could get through 3 to 4 years of college and not know how to speak. yes some people are just more articulate but some of these guys i see accross the league .....not just from THE U ..... sound very uneducated.

I'm not sure its just a U thing, but I definitely agree. I think it's just that a lot of these guys have been banking on football to get them through life instead of academics or intellect and therefore haven't really cared about school since they realized people would pay their way through college and possibly the rest of their life based on their football skills.

I'm not sure its just a U thing, but I definitely agree. I think it's just that a lot of these guys have been banking on football to get them through life instead of academics or intellect and therefore haven't really cared about school since they realized people would pay their way through college and possibly the rest of their life based on their football skills.

right ... and i do understand that but what does it say about the academic integrity of the schools that produce these guys? i mean, really, what is the minimum standard needed to pass 3 years of college English. <since they dont go into the draft until that point usually.... and only then if they are really good>

right ... and i do understand that but what does it say about the academic integrity of the schools that produce these guys? i mean, really, what is the minimum standard needed to pass 3 years of college English. <since they dont go into the draft until that point usually.... and only then if they are really good>

Trust me... It's not just a "U" thing... Coming from someone who deals with college aged kids on a daily basis...

Riggins and Theismann should replace Sonny and Sam. At least somebody replace Sam, God bless him.

Fletcher and Cooley amongst current guys. Antonio Pierce does commentary...for the Giants. Phillip Daniels maybe? Mark Rypien? Charles Mann would be near the top of my list for guys to try.

this dosent count since hes not a redskins player but.. marshawn lynch :) i would die laughing every play hes hilarious

ah. never gets old

Hahahaha, I have never seen that before. That was a great way to start the day.

"You mean past? Like he can't still be there?"

---------- Post added December-27th-2011 at 09:31 AM ----------

Not sure what interviews you saw with Sean or what you remember from his history, but I don't see what you see. He had a couple of interviews just before the 2007 season and he was very well-spoken, articulate, and personable. He seemed nervous, but some people just are.

Moss and Portis, though, while two of my favorites, should not be left anywhere near a microphone.

Riggins and Theismann should replace Sonny and Sam. At least somebody replace Sam, God bless him.

Fletcher and Cooley amongst current guys. Antonio Pierce does commentary...for the Giants. Phillip Daniels maybe? Mark Rypien? Charles Mann would be near the top of my list for guys to try.

I know Joe seems to know everything, and his voice can get annoying, but I've learned a lot from him over the years. Would dig hearing Rypien's view, and Mark Moseley would be cool. Maybe my memaw can talk him into it...they attend the same church.

Current player easily Fletcher.

Ex players: Charles Mann and Doc Walker.

Really hoping Sam Huff is gone next season. Lord bless the man but he really is unlistenable anymore. No one is better at breaking down X's and O's then Doc Walker and I'd love to see him in the booth. I do like somone else's suggestions of Mosely and Phil Daniels

Archived