Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Army Navy Game Repercussions

Daaskins

The Ravens Stadium has it, and its great IMO. I don't know why its not standard around the league.

Because too many old men need a nostalgic reminder like grass.

My Dad still thinks its silky the Packers put heaters infer the field so it doesn't freeze over. I tried to explain to him that the players didn't really like.playing.on concrete, but he won't hear it.

:(

End zones still say Army and Navy. Field is churned up

From yesterday.

Absolutely terrible that they didn't prep the end zones. Some Redskins fans are going to their first game and that's what they get:(

Remember that feeling you got when you saw the field for the first time? Todays first timers got robbed of that.

Andre Carter just scored a touchdown. What a joke!

I didnt consider the ground surface to play any part in the game other than the players ran across it, as an ex australian soldier i consider that the endzones were a compliment to the current serving servicemen and women. We really need something with substance to complain about

as an ex australian soldier i consider that the endzones were a compliment to the current serving servicemen and women. We really need something with substance to complain about

I thought it was great! honoring our men and women in uniform is never a bad idea

If the thing you're most disappointed in going to a game is that the end zones aren't painted redskins colors then you're just nitpicking

Absolutely terrible that they didn't prep the end zones. Some Redskins fans are going to their first game and that's what they get:( Remember that feeling you got when you saw the field for the first time? Todays first timers got robbed of that.

Just terrible that they soiled our precious endzones honoring America's heros. How dare they.

I thought the field looked pretty good for having hosted a game just 24 hrs earlier. I think they did a very good job replacing the centerfield logo. Despite the whining in this thread about the endzone logos, I thought it was neat to honor those who serve, if only for an extra day.

I guess the younger folks don't remember that the RFK turf at the end of the year was pretty much painted dirt.

Just how it should be. It's not football if you don't have dirt and mud on the uniform. Anyway, I wouldn't be opposed to field turf.....just don't install that old Astroturf cement crap.

If they are going to keep the grass, invest in taking care of it. The field looked like ****, and it's not because of Army Navy. The packers treat their field like Amen Corner in Augusta. They even invested a million bucks on grow lights to extend the growing season.

Grass is possible if you make the investment. Snyder will dump 30 million on Haynesworth but puckers up when it comes to infastructure. Still waiting on the practice bubble

I have to say that I got a chance to walk on the field a few nights before the Army-Navy game and the field was horrible then. It was full of divots!

---------- Post added December-12th-2011 at 02:42 PM ----------

End zones still say Army and Navy. Field is churned up

From yesterday.

They deliberately left the Army-Navy references in the end zone to honor the two military academies.

Archived