Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we don't take a QB with the 1st pick

compguru13

I really don't want a rookie QB learning bad habits from Rex. I mean, how many times per game does Rex throw going backward, off his back foot and he's intercepted? As to from whom a rookie QB could learn? No one presently on this team.

haha, i think of this sometimes too. maybe that's why our offense is so bad all the time. bad rookies learning from bad vets.

What I don't get is people talking like we are a terrible team. If Rex didn't get hurt we might have a .500 record. This team needs a QB and if you think any other position is more important then these 20 so years of watching our team has diluted your knowledge of football. Think QB and ONLY QB. If we are top 5 and its any trade going down to get those QBs its us. We are not that far off. Get RG3 some oline help and secondary and weapons and we are fighting for the playoffs next year. People forget our defense will be better next year and Helu will be better and hopefully Hank gets back healthy. But we have CAP and go after V JAX and there you go.

---------- Post added December-5th-2011 at 09:37 PM ----------

I really don't want a rookie QB learning bad habits from Rex. I mean, how many times per game does Rex throw going backward, off his back foot and he's intercepted? As to from whom a rookie QB could learn? No one presently on this team.

Rex knows the system thats the only thing he will give pointers for. QB coach will handle the rookie mechanics.

Luck will be the first pick of the draft regardless, and I'm betting most QB's worth taking will be gone in the first round, like last year. If things end up the way they're going now, we will definitely end up with a top 7 pick. If we pick 7th, we can definitely get either RG3 or Barkely, unless trades happen. A vast majority of teams that could pick in front of us don't need a QB or won't draft one.

If all 3 QB's are gone, trade down and gain more picks. We can do that really well, like last year. Regardless, we HAVE to pick a quarterback not for development but for taking the wheels and going.

Redskins have been a terrible to mediocre team for years. The OL was neglected, inferior QB, prima donna and injury prone draft choices, prima donna FAs that let down once they got here, I could go on.

I see some glimmers of change here and this year and next year offseasons will build on this past year's. There is still lots of work to do, and I want us to have high draft pics in each round to pick up quality players based on Shanahan's plan, as I think it's succeeding. If next year's offseason is successful, we won't place as high in the 2013 draft, but we will still have access to quality players. I think 2013 we will make at least first round of the playoffs, and maybe 2012 if the rest of the NFCE implodes (specifically the Giants and Eagles especially if there is coach turnover there, Cowboys are still rebuilding and they have a habit of shooting themselves in the foot).

There is no way we dont take a QB round 1. No way.

Sure there is..

Griffin doesnt declare, Colts take Luck, Seattle ends up ahed of us (they win a record tie by SOS) and take Barkley.

If we pick 6th and Luck and Barkley are off the board with no Griffin in the draft... it would be a reach for anyone else in the first.

Landry Joes stinks and IMO we would pass on him.

That's not to say we wouldnt have a back up plan with a kid in the 2nd or 3rd.. but in that scenario we probably wouldn't take a QB in the first.

Just keep your fingers crossed that A) Griffin declares... B) Seattle finishes with a better record than us

Sure there is..

Griffin doesnt declare, Colts take Luck, Seattle ends up ahed of us (they win a record tie by SOS) and take Barkley.

If we pick 6th and Luck and Barkley are off the board with no Griffin in the draft... it would be a reach for anyone else in the first.

Landry Joes stinks and IMO we would pass on him.

That's not to say we wouldnt have a back up plan with a kid in the 2nd or 3rd.. but in that scenario we probably wouldn't take a QB in the first.

Just keep your fingers crossed that A) Griffin declares... B) Seattle finishes with a better record than us

What are you talking about? We have a better SOS than Seattle, and they have a win over us.

What are you talking about? We have a better SOS than Seattle, and they have a win over us.

No we don't.. Seattle wins in the event of tied records.. their SOS is worse.

So if we say beat Minnisota and Seattle loses out.. Seattle picks ahead of us.

As long as Griffin declares though, it isnt an issue.

---------- Post added December-5th-2011 at 10:00 PM ----------

[/color]I can't find the link, but I found this one interview with Shanny a couple weeks back interesting. He basically said they were planning on taking 'their guy' if he was there at 10 (Locker's my guess). And that if he was gone, they would go back for Kerrigan. So that gives me faith in his ability to plan the draft board in different directions. The other interesting thing he said was that 'a couple teams' called him wanting the 2nd round pick that took Jenkins. They refused, took Jenkins, then called the guys back offering their other 2nd rounder. Those teams said "no, you took the guy we wanted". Which leads me to believe these front offices are a little more open with their intentions than we think. These teams have to work together and be somewhat honest with each other for these trade ups/downs to work.

I've also wondered the same thing. It's possible that some teams may just have a better relationship than others. I imagine at draft time we would rather deal with Arizona or Saint Louis than even taking a call from the Eagles. (Not to say we wouldn't listen to offers.)

As long as Griffin declares though, it isnt an issue.

Seattle SOS is stronger then ours buddy. And they got one more win than we do. Plus people we are not winning no more games. We're not.

Would you PLEASE stop posting this? This is like the 4th time I've seen you post this in the last 2 days and everytime you do, multiple people point out how wrong you are, yet you just keep posting it.

Would you PLEASE stop posting this? This is like the 4th time I've seen you post this in the last 2 days and everytime you do, multiple people point out how wrong you are, yet you just keep posting it.

Yeah. I saw him do this in the other thread.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Did I miss something? Who said anything about him playing safety?

He doesn't play corner nearly well enough for the NFL. In LSU he plays much more zone and a little Joker in a 3-4. He will never be a pure.cover corner. He's best utilized as a safety.

But he's only 19. If he could grow a little more and bulk to 190 he'd be a 2nd rounder at worst.

IMO, the only position that justifies not taking a QB is OL. They are by no means completely set there especially with Brown at RT. :doh: Going OL and QB would be awesome. Going CB in the 1st round would screaming SERIOUSLY bad!!! I don't this is the year to bypass a potentially really good QB class.

If all three are gone by the time we pick, that is one thing. If any of them are there when we pick and we pass, I will be pissed.

I don't see us NOT making a QB change this offseason, whether it's through the draft or a miracle trade of Aaron Rogers for a 4th rounder...

if we do not take a QB in the first round, shanahan will be on fire watch, regardless of his contract.

ignoring that position without adressing it with (perceived) elite talent is unacceptable considering hes gone 2 drafts without even drafting a late round project and going with mcnabb who was a bad decision, rex who is awful, and beck who is one of the worst QBs ive ever seen.

Archived