Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX NFL Sunday -- 2 players to be suspended / 1 Redskin

GaryGreenMonk

This is going to sound hypocritical perhaps but I think I might have blasted a player on another team. However, in this situation I would be smokin too if I did that sort of thing. The skins aren't going on some magical Gibbs 2.0 run and they aren't winning anymore games...at least I should clarify I don't want them to win anymore. I truly hope this team gets a QB and a better offensive line. The rest can come in the years afterwards.

Is this going to 'hurt' the team? No, not really. does it look bad? sure.. I guess.

Doesnt hurt the team? Really? They are both now one toke away from a full season suspension.

+ the money he's going to lose on his next contract. That was an expensive bag of weed.

For Trent, it might be even more than Davis for the suspension at least. Trent might lose close to a million in no game checks.

Way to go idiots. It's not surprising that a lot of these athletes go broke as soon as their careers end. How hard is it to surround yourself with smart advisers?

Players dont get paid during league mandated suspensions. If that were to happen, then he wouldn't get paid for that year and they could cut him.

They could though put in something about all bonuses being forfeited/returned is such an event. (if he'll sign something with that in it)

Oh gotcha, let's hope it doesn't come to that. Appreciate the clarification. Damn i hope this is the last we hear about any of our guys making dumbass decisions.

For Trent, it might be even more than Davis for the suspension at least. Trent might lose close to a million in no game checks.

Way to go idiots. It's not surprising that a lot of these athletes go broke as soon as their careers end. How hard is it to surround yourself with smart advisers?

I think he loses 1.85 million for the last 4 games those guys are idiots. They not only fail it in july but then fail it again september. This scares the crap outta me with Trent he is a integral part of this team going forward.

I think he loses 1.85 million for the last 4 games those guys are idiots. They not only fail it in july but then fail it again september. This scares the crap outta me with Trent he is a integral part of this team going forward.

I'd have to say I'm more surprised about Davis than I am with Trent. Trent still seems to have an air of immaturity about him in his interviews or when dealing with the media. Davis is a guy who, according to his head coach, has become a true student of the game in terms of film work and self-preparation. He came into this year losing weight and working diligently on his game to prove himself and it has shown. These are two pretty subjective ways to analyze a couple players, but it's how I feel. Given how hard Davis has worked, I'm surprised he would risk that just to smoke, especially after testing positive the first time. Again with Trent, just the attitude or way he presents himself when I see him in interviews, I guess I can't say I'm totally shocked.

Is this going to 'hurt' the team? No, not really. does it look bad? sure.. I guess.

Can't hurt the team?? This shows that these two players are dumb asses and will be suspended for a year if and when they get caught again (I'd say that since they are that stupid it is probably greater than a 50% chance that at least one of the two will get caught again).

Ok so this is what I'm really worried about if this is their second offence there might actually be a third. At what point does the NFL suspend for a year or a complete ban from the NFL, is that even possible? If this continues to happen?

In regards to Suh I think he should have got a 5 game suspension and anger managment classes, I beleive that's what Albert got. All disciplinary action for violations should be the same from year to year, the NFL is a double standard league.

Only bright spot is the suspension is for this season. Hopefully this is the wake up call these two guys need. I hope the staff moves Brown to LT and plays Locklear at RT. We might be getting close to a Willie Smith sighting....

I'd like to see Willie Smith out there. We already know Locklear is mediocre--backup journeyman level.

unless your smokin before games which has happend, not these past two years tho.

CP did what!? :cool:

edit: i found it funny & ironic that my roommates are currently watching Cheech & Chong "Up in Smoke"

smileys-passing-joint.gif

am i allowed to take a guess at the unknown stoner? :D SM?

Well, it's disappointing that this has happened. For me, the fact that they smoked weed isn't a big issue. I mean, most people have at least smoked weed once or twice, and it would make me a hypocrite to call them stupid, etc. for doing so.

OTOH, when a person lets it start to interfere with their job, then it does become stupid. I do think 4 games is a pretty heavy penalty though, especially considering that, as already mentioned, a guy like Suh can pound a guys head into the ground numerous times and stomp the crap out of him and only get a 2 game suspension. I'm not sure why smoking weed is considered a worse offense than physical violence. It seems like the rules regarding these types of issues, whether it be drugs, violence, etc, need to be readdressed b/c it really doesn't seem fair.

Suh should have gotten 4 games, and TW/FD should have gotten a fine. If they keep failing tests after that, then I can see suspensions being fair. But this is just my opinion :/

having had my share of good times, i feel like i have a good sense of when/what ppl are on..

that said, pot is innocent (compared to the others) and, imo, should no longer be tested for.

i always wonder how much opiates these guys must consume, considering the pain they endure each season.

edit:

how has this not been posted yet? :cool:

VCDnR6Px-co

Well, it's disappointing that this has happened. For me, the fact that they smoked weed isn't a big issue. I mean, most people have at least smoked weed once or twice, and it would make me a hypocrite to call them stupid, etc. for doing so.

OTOH, when a person lets it start to interfere with their job, then it does become stupid. I do think 4 games is a pretty heavy penalty though, especially considering that, as already mentioned, a guy like Suh can pound a guys head into the ground numerous times and stomp the crap out of him and only get a 2 game suspension. I'm not sure why smoking weed is considered a worse offense than physical violence. It seems like the rules regarding these types of issues, whether it be drugs, violence, etc, need to be readdressed b/c it really doesn't seem fair.

Suh should have gotten 4 games, and TW/FD should have gotten a fine. If they keep failing tests after that, then I can see suspensions being fair. But this is just my opinion :/

I know plenty of people (myself included) who have never smoked weed. But that is neither here nor there.

I would argue in your last line that finding someone for a third offense is kind of ridiculous. When you you start suspending them, after 4 or 5 failed tests?

I do not like the rule (but we are not discussing the stupidity of some of our laws) but the bottom line is as a player you have to be smart enough not to put yourself in a position to fail a test, better yet 2 or 3.

I know plenty of people (myself included) who have never smoked weed. But that is neither here nor there.

I would argue in your last line that finding someone for a third offense is kind of ridiculous. When you you start suspending them, after 4 or 5 failed tests?

I do not like the rule (but we are not discussing the stupidity of some of our laws) but the bottom line is as a player you have to be smart enough not to put yourself in a position to fail a test, better yet 2 or 3.

Let me get this straight. Is this their 2nd or 3rd offense? I know that 1st time offenders aren't made public, but what happens to them? They get a warning or something? If this is their 3rd offense, what was their punishment the 2nd time they failed the tests?

So, inhaling the fumes given off when you burn a plant leaf in the privacy of your own home is worth double the punishment of what Ndamukong Suh did on national TV thanksgiving morning? I don't get it.

This is of course coming from a person who believes a place of business should not be banned by law from drug testing their employees. If an employee can't do their job, they should be fired. If an employer suspects that the reason that employee can't do their job is due to drug use, that's irrelevant and none of the employer's business. If an employee can do their job, and are contributing to the success of the company, they should be kept. If an employee can do their job, but the employer suspects that employee is using illegal drugs, that's irrelevant and none of the employer's business. That any of this is legal is a totally inappropriate invasion of privacy.

SIGH - it was a THIRD time they got caught even after they were given a grace period for testing positive during the LOCKOUT. how does anyone not understand how idiotic that is???

Many of us understand. You aren't alone on an island with your thoughts.

But some are taking it much too far, wanting to cut them, etc.

SIGH - it was a THIRD time they got caught even after they were given a grace period for testing positive during the LOCKOUT. how does anyone not understand how idiotic that is???

It's idiotic, but that doesn't excuse how intrusive the NFL's policy on this is. So, I support the player. Basically, I'd rather side with a dumb person than with a nosey person.

To be clear, I definitely think Trent Williams and Fred Davis should stop smoking. Based on the policies that surround them, a cost/benefit analysis on the value of smoking weed vs. quiting would have to, by almost any measurement, come out in favor of the latter. And if I were in their shoes, I would comply with the NFL's policies.

But my advice to comply does not mean I support the NFL's policies. To borrow an analogy from the Built to Spill song, "Center of the Universe," I live in Los Angeles, a city that due to heavy car use and scant rainfall is infamous for it's high levels of air pollution. I don't like the air in LA, but that doesn't mean I'll stop breathing it. That's pretty much the equivalent to how I feel about advising players to comply with NFL policies in this area.

i agree urinalysis are unconstitutional. however, they're part of a union, right? i'm pretty sure they signed a contract giving the right to urinalysis.. the players performance is directly related to their health.

edit: drugs are bad, mmkay.. so dont do drugs cuz theyre bad, mmkay

This is not a matter of how big a deal it is to smoke pot. The players know the rules. To actually be busted in September after the season started for the 3rd time is a case of them being totally irresponsible and selfish to the franchise that pays them a lot of money and their teamates. Everyone talks about Allen and Shanahan changing the culture. If they want any respect in this area they should release Cheech and Chong immediately. If not, the party culture will continue and we will continue to be the laughing stock of the league.

Archived