Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX NFL Sunday -- 2 players to be suspended / 1 Redskin

GaryGreenMonk

They just said on Fox NFL Sunday that the NFL has reached a settlement over many players testing positive for marijuana.

2 players will face some sort of suspension and 1 of them is on the Redskins.

If I remember correctly, this is either Trent Williams or Fred Davis. Both of which will be pretty painful for us.

I hope its just 1 game and I hope its this season and not next season.

EDIT:

BreakingNews: Official:.. Fred Davis and Trent Williams to both be suspended for 4 games.

------------

ES Staff appended edit:

From Redskins Public Relations at Redskins Park:

STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON:

Fred Davis and Trent Williams of the Washington Redskins have been suspended without pay for the team’s next four games for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.

Their suspensions begin immediately. They will be eligible to return to the Redskins’ active roster on Monday, January 2 following the team’s January 1 game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

3 players from skins..1 will be suspended..this year..all others getting fined..a lot more then just 8 in the league caught though lol

how did they narrow it down to just 2 being suspended?

was it like those 2 were insanely over the limit like they just smoked an entire brick or something? lol

(btw.. i know there is no limit and its just positive or not.. which is why i'm asking, cause it makes no sense)

I know Trent and Davis both tested positive. What is the basis for one being fined and the other suspended? This is the first offense for both of them so I don't really understand how one could just get a fine while the other receives a suspension...any ideas?

I know Trent and Davis both tested positive. What is the basis for one being fined and the other suspended? This is the first offense for both of them so I don't really understand how one could just get a fine while the other receives a suspension...any ideas?

Unless the 3rd Redskin that steelz mentioned is the only one getting suspended, because he has a track record.

Anyone on the Skins roster right now with previous substance abuse policy violations?

SI_JimTrotter Jim Trotter

again, the davis and williams suspensions will start NEXT week. the four games are part of a negotiated settlement b/n nfl and nflpa.

This is different from what Fox said, they said 2 players total in the NFL and only 1 was a Redskin.

will wait for the official report.

Thanks a lot idiots for making millions of dollars, using illegal drugs, and being positive role models for our community. I just took my 1 millionth pee test last month, and after 18 years active duty, and not making anything close to a million dollars, I don't feel the need to be an idiot. Odd, huh?

I agree with them being punished for using drugs that are illegal. I don't know if I agree with the punishment. Considering Roethlisberger got 4 games raping women, I don't agree with the 4 game number. Suh got suspended 2 games for stomping on someone and has a past history. How the hell do they decide this crap?

All of these players TESTING positive for drugs is a direct result of the lockout and not some new testing procedure by the NFL. The players recieving suspensions will be the result of testing positive multiple times and the fact your hearing about it in the media means its 2 or 3rd time they have been caught. Players that have not tested positive for a banned substance are subject to 1 random test a year and other test they are made "aware" by the training staff 24 hours in advance even down to " ill see you tommorrow at 1pm". Advance notice of test odviously allows alot of time to get your self right for the testing window. Most "smart" guys i know that smoke just wait for the random test then get to smokin for the rest of the year. The lockout rules allowed no communication between teams,players as im sure everyone is aware which is why this round of testing caught alot of people. Jsteelz and i talked alot during the lockout and even discussed players starting to clean themselves out about 45 days ahead of camp but some odviously didnt take that time. To be fair maybe Davis has a licsense in cali ? weed i dont even think is a big deal unless your smokin before games which has happend, not these past two years tho.

Archived