Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FOX NFL Sunday -- 2 players to be suspended / 1 Redskin

GaryGreenMonk

I don't give a crap if they are doing it in the off season, but seriously you make millions of dollars how stupid do you have to be to not follow a few SIMPLE rules for ~6-7 months while you play a game.

Idiots, given that this is the third failed test this season they deserve everything they've gotten. They better get their crap together or they will be gone for a full season.

OTOH, when a person lets it start to interfere with their job, then it does become stupid. I do think 4 games is a pretty heavy penalty though, especially considering that, as already mentioned, a guy like Suh can pound a guys head into the ground numerous times and stomp the crap out of him and only get a 2 game suspension. I'm not sure why smoking weed is considered a worse offense than physical violence. It seems like the rules regarding these types of issues, whether it be drugs, violence, etc, need to be readdressed b/c it really doesn't seem fair.

Suh should have gotten 4 games, and TW/FD should have gotten a fine. If they keep failing tests after that, then I can see suspensions being fair. But this is just my opinion :/

The difference between what Suh did and what FD / TW did is that 1 is illegal, and the other is not.

This is not their first offense. IMO they should sit the rest of the season, and I would be tempted to cut them both (for stupidity). They are both young enough to learn from their mistakes, but they also need to realize that they are professionals and have to abide by the rules.

The difference between what Suh did and what FD / TW did is that 1 is illegal, and the other is not.

This is not their first offense. IMO they should sit the rest of the season, and I would be tempted to cut them both (for stupidity). They are both young enough to learn from their mistakes, but they also need to realize that they are professionals and have to abide by the rules.

Yes, cut them both. Who cares about guaranteed contracts, they're the top young talented on the team and the fact that both of them are on the brink of being pro bowlers. Cut them both you wise GM. :silly:

Yes, cut them both. Who cares about guaranteed contracts, they're the top young talented on the team and the fact that both of them are on the brink of being pro bowlers. Cut them both you wise GM. :silly:

HAHA. Thats probably the first time that I was called a wise GM. Thanks.

Yes, they are talented. but they are also STUPID. What good would it do the Skins if we kept them and they got suspended for a year? then what? What are the chances that they would be pro bowlers after being out of the league for a year (which is the next step). This was not their first time getting "popped" on the whiz quiz, chances are that they will be caught again.

Let me get this straight. Is this their 2nd or 3rd offense? I know that 1st time offenders aren't made public, but what happens to them? They get a warning or something? If this is their 3rd offense, what was their punishment the 2nd time they failed the tests?

2nd offense is normally a suspension.

their second offense came at the start of training camp. 11 total players were caught. the NFLPA was able to negotiate no suspsension for the 11 players based solely on the fact that it was during the lockout; the NFL didn't want to fight it.

they then failed a 3rd test in september.

They would have been suspended at the start of the season, were it not for the lockout.

2nd offense is normally a suspension.

their second offense came at the start of training camp. 11 total players were caught. the NFLPA was able to negotiate no suspsension for the 11 players based solely on the fact that it was during the lockout; the NFL didn't want to fight it.

they then failed a 3rd test in september.

They would have been suspended at the start of the season, were it not for the lockout.

Well if they failed for one in August, and from what I've read many players thought it was negotiated that they wouldn't be tested at end of lockout, but Smith screwed it up. So if they smoked shortly before being tested, unaware they would be, and were then tested 4 weeks later, there's a chance that the positive test in September was stuff still in their system from August.

While that chance exists, I do think it's probably unlikely, as NFL athletes were working out in that span, just starting the season, so they'd get it out of their system quicker. I agree with the earlier sentiment that they are paid well enough to be able to afford a whizinator.

Yeah, just when I thought we would get through a season without a bunch of off the field drama and BS............Dan, you can shove your team where the sun don't shine. I am done with you.

:finger:

Not sure what this has to do with Dan. But dont let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. :ciao:

Not sure what this has to do with Dan. But dont let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya. :ciao:

What does it have to do with Dan? Really?

Dan = Epic Failure.

12 years= Norv Turner, Terry Robiskie, Marty Schottenheimer, Steve Spurrier, Joe Gibbs, Jim Zorn, Mike Shanahan

12 years = Brad Johnson, Jeff George, Tony Banks, Shane Matthews, Patrick Ramsey, Danny Wuerffel, Tim Hasselbeck, Mark Brunell, Jason Campbell, Todd Collins, Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman, John Beck

12 years= record 80-107

12 years= Last in division 5 times

This is just the next chapter in Redskins ineptness. The culture is not changing. The coaching staff appears incompetent both on and off the field.

We still don't have a QB. We still don't have any elite playmakers. We still don't have a quality OL. We still have one of the least talented teams in the NFL.

We still cannot get through a season without negative national media headlines. We are still the laughing stock of the NFL.

Dan will continue to have the 2nd highest money making team in the league by putting a **** product on the field once again.

I will try to avoid the door if you remove the wool from over your eyes.

As Rodney Dangerfield once said...."The last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it."

I

It's funny that I was about your age the last time this team was good. When you are mine I hope you don't have to look back at the last 20 years of failure and disappointment.

If so, you will find that it wears on you after awhile until you finally reach the point where you've had enough.

I've been a diehard Skins fan for over 40 years so I could never root for another team.

And I would also appreciate it if you would stop being a smartass.

It's funny that I was about your age the last time this team was good. When you are mine I hope you don't have to look back at the last 20 years of failure and disappointment.

If so, you will find that it wears on you after awhile until you finally reach the point where you've had enough.

I've been a diehard Skins fan for over 40 years so I could never root for another team.

You realize some teams, after 50-70+ years, have never had glory years AT ALL. You think after 20 years, you are entitled to see what you want as a fan, but sports doesnt always work that way. You stick through thick and thin. Have some hostility and some anguish, thats part of it. But dont let your arrogance get the best of you, and try to put down the team as if YOU are bigger than it. Its a process and a grind, whether it takes 1 year, or 100 years.

You realize some teams, after 50-70+ years, have never had glory years AT ALL. You think after 20 years, you are entitled to see what you want as a fan, but sports doesnt always work that way. You stick through thick and thin. Have some hostility and some anguish, thats part of it. But dont let your arrogance get the best of you, and try to put down the team as if YOU are bigger than it. Its a process and a grind, whether it takes 1 year, or 100 years.

Well if I lived in let's say Minnesota, Wisconsin or Jacksonville Florida I might adopt this mentality. However, being in the Wasington DC market with a team that has continued to be the first or second highest gossing team in the league, I actually do feel entitled to see a consistantly competitive product on the field. Especially when I look back at all the money and time I have invested for entertainment that has only produced disappointment for the most part of the last 20 years.

I don't see it as arrogance....but that's just me.

I hope you live to be 100 so you have a chance of seeing a good team in DC.

Funny that for years, every Snyder hater wanted him to take a step back and let the real football guys handle football matters. Now that two of our idiot players decided to smoke weed, it's all of the sudden Dan's fault? You can't have it both ways dude. Dan is not in charge of player drug tests. This is a league mandate and the players are adults and knew this was coming. It's their fault and nobody elses. So I think you need to save your Snyder hate for another subject, like when he raises prices on parking, tickets, beer or Johnny Rocket burgers. You just sound childish with your anti-Snyder rant.

Funny that for years, every Snyder hater wanted him to take a step back and let the real football guys handle football matters. Now that two of our idiot players decided to smoke weed, it's all of the sudden Dan's fault? You can't have it both ways dude. Dan is not in charge of player drug tests. This is a league mandate and the players are adults and knew this was coming. It's their fault and nobody elses. So I think you need to save your Snyder hate for another subject, like when he raises prices on parking, tickets, beer or Johnny Rocket burgers. You just sound childish with your anti-Snyder rant.

So who claims real football guys are are handling the football matters? Both Allen and Shanahan were fired from their previous employers because they failed. Allen has never proven he can be a successful GM and Shanahan has done nothing without John Elway. Dan's just just rolling the dice again on two shiny new toys. Allen, because of the team history with his father and Shanahan because he won two superbowls 13 years ago, even though he only won 1 playoff game in the ten years after Elway.

Dan hired two retread failures with big names to keep the seats filled....get it? And what was the first thing Shanahan did? He went and traded 2 high draft picks for Donovan McNabb, signed John Beck to a three year contract and switched to a 3-4 defense to render half our defense obsolete, including our $100M contract investment in Albert Haynesworth. Then this year he staked his reputation on Rex Grossman and John Beck and had two of his best offensive players suspended for dope.

Yeah Dan hired this genius, he is the boss. It is totally on him.

I've been married 32 years and put 3 kids through college so don't tell me about sounding childish. I am just expressing my opinion as I see it and there is plenty to back it up.

Dan Snyder is the childish one with his fantasy football Redskins and as long as he owns the team you can expect the same in the near and distant future. Expect the coach/player revolving door to keep turning. I am getting off this ride.

So who claims real football guys are are handling the football matters? Both Allen and Shanahan were fired from their previous employers because they failed. Allen has never proven he can be a successful GM and Shanahan has done nothing without John Elway. Dan's just just rolling the dice again on two shiny new toys. Allen, because of the team history with his father and Shanahan because he won two superbowls 13 years ago, even though he only won 1 playoff game in the ten years after Elway.

Dan hired two retread failures with big names to keep the seats filled....get it? And what was the first thing Shanahan did? He went and traded 2 high draft picks for Donovan McNabb, signed John Beck to a three year contract and switched to a 3-4 defense to render half our defense obsolete, including our $100M contract investment in Albert Haynesworth. Then this year he stuck his reputation on Rex Grossman and John Beck and had two of his best offensive players suspended for dope.

I've been married 32 years and put 3 kids through college so don't tell me about sounding childish. I am just expressing my opinion as I see it and there is plenty to back it up.

Dan Snyder is the childish one with his fantasy football Redskins and as long as he owns the team you can expect the same in the near and distant future. Expect the coach/player revolving door to keep turning. I am getting off this ride.

Then get off the ride. Your attempt to belittle the owner and team on your way out, are only proving to show your character. Its an interest, a sport, a journey, a GAME. Quit depressing yourself, and look at the bigger picture. Sure, the last 2 decades have been up and down. But if you realized and understood sports, and as a true fan, you stick through the hard times and the good times, and quit punishing your own love. The redskin fans are blessed and lucky in many ways to have a team in the first place, let alone 3 superbowls and major tradition. You are the only reason why youre suffering. Quit putting the blame and take a look in the mirror. If you are disappointed every year for the past 20 years and cant appreciate that there is a team in local area that has plenty of tradition and glory years, whether past or present or future, then thats your own problem.( ironically putting your anguish on the 12 year owner) Dont take it on a public message board and act like you are deserving of anything, and thinking youre making a difference in any way for other fans, only in your own life can you make a difference. But the demeaning of the team and franchise, thats childish.

Like someone said before, dont let the door hit you on the way out, or do, no one cares for unappreciative whiners either way. Speculation will go down with you until you die.

Then get off the ride. Your attempt to belittle the owner and team on your way out, are only proving to show your character. Its an interest, a sport, a journey, a GAME. Quit depressing yourself, and look at the bigger picture. Sure, the last 2 decades have been up and down. But if you realized and understood sports, and as a true fan, you stick through the hard times and the good times, and quit punishing your own love. The redskin fans are blessed and lucky in many ways to have a team in the first place, let alone 3 superbowls and major tradition. You are the only reason why youre suffering. Quit putting the blame and take a look in the mirror. If you are disappointed every year for the past 20 years and cant appreciate that there is a team in local area that has plenty of tradition and glory years, whether past or present or future, then thats your own problem.( ironically putting your anguish on the 12 year owner) Dont take it on a public message board and act like you are deserving of anything, and thinking youre making a difference in any way for other fans, only in your own life can you make a difference. But the demeaning of the team and franchise, thats childish.

Like someone said before, dont let the door hit you on the way out, or do, no one cares for unappreciative whiners either way. Speculation will go down with you until you die.

After 40+ years I feel I have the right and deserve the chance to state my opinions, . Please ignore them if it bothers you. I am not depressed or suffering, but thanks for your concern.

I am sorry I was never a true fan the last 40+ years. May the superbowls and traditions from decades past carry you forever.

Anyhow, this unappreciative whiner says goodbye to all the gluttons for punishment out there. I wish you all well.

Yet another selfish act by selfish players who are really too stupid for thier own good. Well done both of you idiots. Not that it makes any difference this season, it shows just how immature these players are and what poor decisions they make. Knowing that there is a drug policy, they made a concious decision to ignore it and put thier reputation and the best interest of the team in the crapper.....now they can sit at home and smoke for the rest of the year and tweet about what a raw deal they got, and how unfair life is.....good for them. And people wonder why there are so few leaders on this team.

Well if I lived in let's say Minnesota, Wisconsin or Jacksonville Florida I might adopt this mentality. However, being in the Wasington DC market with a team that has continued to be the first or second highest gossing team in the league, I actually do feel entitled to see a consistantly competitive product on the field. Especially when I look back at all the money and time I have invested for entertainment that has only produced disappointment for the most part of the last 20 years.

I don't see it as arrogance....but that's just me.

I hope you live to be 100 so you have a chance of seeing a good team in DC.

Believe me when i say I understand your [and everyone else's] frustration with this team but I honestly don't see how anyone can look at this team and not see improvement. There is an enormous, glaring, sucking wound in the middle of our offense. The MOST important position in the entire sports is the absolute worst disaster area in the league for us. THAT is a big issue. But one that is about to be fixed and Lord willing, fixed for a decade or so.

I know its been said over and over but when i read some fans reaction to THIS regime, I feel compelled to point it out again:

a) THIS regime is NOT responsible for the last 20 years. Its just not. Its responsible for its share of mistakes mind you, but it is NOT responsible for 1992 forward.

B) This team was an absolute train wreck when this regime got here. Do you notice where Portis is playing right now? Rock Cartwright? Do you remember the names of our o-lineman when Zorn was fired? Do you remember swinging gate and the bingo caller being brought in? It was an absolute mess.

c) Our financial/cap position is FIXED. Yea, they got a break with the uncapped, lockout etc. But they took advantage of it. Its not better. Its FIXED.

d) We are considerably younger. We are considerably faster in key spots. We have reasonable contracts for young guys. We are doing things better. Its undeniable.

e) We are drafting well. Not perfectly but well. Perry Riley, Trent Williams, Kerrigan, Jenkins, Hankerson, Helu, Gomes and Niles Paul are all going to be contributors.

f) Our free agent acquisitions are smart, young football players on their way up, not old veterans on the way down that we overpay for and backload their contracts. Carriker (not a FA but still a good deal), Cofield, Bowen, Wilson and even Chester were all smart moves. The Brown deal looks bad at this point but do you remember Levi what's his name that was holding down that spot before?

Bottom line, WE NEED A QB. Yea, Mcnabb was a disaster. Its on them. Agreed. But ok. Its a mistake. They moved on quickly from it. I have NO DOUBT we get the QB this year and damn, how could you not be excited about that? Could they miss? Sure. Will they miss, I don't think so. If for no oher reason than with our draft position it will be tough to miss. We could have a real franchise QB soon. THAT is a big deal. I want to see how this rebuild goes when that piece is in the mix. I don't understand how anyone can NOT be interested in seeing that. I don't know how they will do it. Maybe a Justin Blackmon/ Tannehill thing. Maybe an RGIII. Maybe Barkley. I don't know. But it will be interesting as hell to see them do it. They know what we need. Everyone knows what we need. Another guard, another corner, a QB, and a playmaking WR. That can be done THIS OFFSEASON!

I can't wait to see it. The defense is coming along. The special teams are improved. The running backs look promising. I still like Trent and I think its gonna work out with him. Same for Fred Davis. I see this defense getting even better next year with some offensive support. I see the entire game changing for us with a real playmaker at QB and the addition of one or two interior lineman and a playmaking wideout.

Relax. I know it sucks and I know the history sucks for the last two decades. You have to see how different this is though.

Then get off the ride. Your attempt to belittle the owner and team on your way out, are only proving to show your character. Its an interest, a sport, a journey, a GAME. Quit depressing yourself, and look at the bigger picture.

I assume you were not here at the end of the Vinny Era when this place was in full pitchforks and torches mode. We were not only belittling the owner (on the site that he owns by the way), we were castigating him. We were annihilating his character. We were demanding a pound of flesh.

It was fun.

---------- Post added December-6th-2011 at 04:49 PM ----------

Having said all that, I think you need to cut one of these guys as a warning to the rest. I think Davis is more replaceable but do you really want to spend the next ten years waiting for Williams to get a contact high at a Drake show and therefore getting suspended for a year?

Dan hired two retread failures with big names to keep the seats filled....get it? And what was the first thing Shanahan did? He went and traded 2 high draft picks for Donovan McNabb, signed John Beck to a three year contract and switched to a 3-4 defense to render half our defense obsolete, including our $100M contract investment in Albert Haynesworth. Then this year he staked his reputation on Rex Grossman and John Beck and had two of his best offensive players suspended for dope.

BREAKING NEWS: Any coach or GM that has been fired is pointless to be hire. NE screwed up when they hired Belichick because he was fired in Cleveland.

Seriously, coaches are hired to be fired. Same with GMs. There is a reason it is called the coaching carousel. Not many modern era coaches aren't fired at least once in their career in the NFL.

Bruce Allen? NFL Executive of the year in Oakland. He put together a team that won 2 div champs in 5 years in Tampa. He is a very competent FO leader.

---------- Post added December-6th-2011 at 04:38 PM ----------

It is official now, Williams and Davis out 4 weeks.

From TK Twitter:

STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON: Fred Davis and Trent Williams of the Washington Redskins have been suspended without pay for the team’s next four games for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse. Their suspensions begin immediately. They will be eligible to return to the Redskins’ active roster on Monday, January 2 following the team’s January 1 game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

I am getting off this ride.
Dan, you can shove your team where the sun don't shine. I am done with you.

:finger:

Anyhow, this unappreciative whiner says goodbye to all the gluttons for punishment out there. I wish you all well.

3 times you said that you are done with the team. 3 times..... So as I said before. Dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

I dont care that you have been a Skins fan for longer than I have been alive. You told the team to shove it numerous times in this thread already. Brother, that doesnt sound like a Die Hard fan to me.

Well, when your out here in Afghanistan, the only entertainment that I have is to be a smart-ass. So i think that I will continue to do so. Thanks for caring though!

3 times you said that you are done with the team. 3 times..... So as I said before. Dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

I dont care that you have been a Skins fan for longer than I have been alive. You told the team to shove it numerous times in this thread already. Brother, that doesnt sound like a Die Hard fan to me.

Well, when your out here in Afghanistan, the only entertainment that I have is to be a smart-ass. So i think that I will continue to do so. Thanks for caring though!

Thank you for taking a personal interest in my opinions..... and thank you for serving our country in Afghanistan.

That said, Smile...it's the second best thing you can do with your lips.

Archived