Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS SIGN RB EVAN ROYSTER TO ACTIVE ROSTER; ADD RB TRISTAN DAVIS TO PRACTICE SQUAD

Mark The Homer

And Thompson, who's been yo-yo'ing up and down between the active roster and practice squad all year. (The injured Jenkins excepted.).

Last years draft is looking like it might just form a big chunk of the roster going forward. And with 18 picks over the next 2 years as we stand, it can only get better.

Hail.

Hence is why patience is needed for these upcoming years.

In Royster's eyes, he's probably been working pretty hard but then he saw the organization reach out and give Choice a shot ahead of him. Two choices, mope and break out the violin or step up and earn your shot.

Looks like it was more the latter. Hopefully this only made Royster hungrier and he takes it out on the defense. Remember, Shanahan will give ANYONE the rock. Last year Torain was pulled off our practice squad and exploded and Shanahan gushed over how good he was.

I think we might see it again. Not this week, Seattle is very tough against the run, but I think Royster is here to carry.

...wishing I could recall the time wasted wading through the T. Choice posts... but that happens all the time here :)

After everyone **** their pants about Willie Parker and Larry Johnson, you would think everyone had figured out how Shanny rolls with RBs, but nope. ****ty pants all over again.

After everyone **** their pants about Willie Parker and Larry Johnson, you would think everyone had figured out how Shanny rolls with RBs, but nope. ****ty pants all over again.

You know how most (by far) folks have been so positive about our "cooling off period" before being able to start new threads during and right after the game ?

Well, regarding both here and in the tailgate forum, I often wonder what it would be like if it was possible to have a 48 hr (or 7 day :D) posting block on any new posts related to any news story not of serious, primary, absolutely clear, and immediate impact on the team (or society at large for the tailgate). :pfft:

Image how much wasted flailing and spewing we might be spared if stories were actually allowed to unfold in time before eveyone whipped out their overcompensating "opinionator" to hose down the forum with the typical waste product. :evilg:

Of course, that's a big part of having a message board---we're sort of like an old Roman aqueduct for rivers of conversational waste, congealing in a central location for (admittedly limited) treatment and endless recycling. :ols:

I'm a turrible turrible human bean. :cool:

This is another move that should've been made weeks ago instead of bringing in yet another RB off the street. I think Mike needs to realize that the tree he had in his backyard that grew RB's died a few years back. Sorry Mike, but these last two years have proven that you just can't insert Joe Blow at RB anymore. You better find a bonafide back this offseason.

Or a bonafide starting o-line with depth. That would help enormously.

:ols:

I know, can't believe people still complain. None of our backs have shown any semblance of being a feature guy and seem to be hot and cold. Why not keep trying different guys there to see who sticks?

We are going to continue to be sorry. I didn't realize that FD83 is FA at the end of this season and we haven't even tried to sign him ? Then in 2013 Paulsen, D.Young and LF will all be FA. So my question is this when are we going to try to sign FD83? When he becomes a FA? By then FD83 probably won't even want to continue playing here with us LLS. Are front office never makes the right decisions so why is it that we fans always think they just might do the right thing or the common thing? Funny how Dallas doesn't have any of there players on the FA list.... just saying smfh

This is another move that should've been made weeks ago instead of bringing in yet another RB off the street. I think Mike needs to realize that the tree he had in his backyard that grew RB's died a few years back. Sorry Mike, but these last two years have proven that you just can't insert Joe Blow at RB anymore. You better find a bonafide back this offseason.

:rolleyes:

It's called "enemy intel". They bought Choice is, used him for any information they had on the Cowboys, gave him a chance to see what he could do, and then cut him for a drafted player they're much higher on.

It's not about inserting "Joe Blow" and expecting production or having a running back by committee, it's about looking and scouting for people who can possibly be productive in the future.

I am really happy with this move. I wanted him to make the 53 from the beginning of the season. Royster is one of those lunch pail running backs. Not flashy and probably won't break a big one. He just keeps getting those positive yards. Before you know it, he has a 100 yard game. He is very much an Earnest Byner type of back. Some how, he just gets the job done.

This is another example of what is wrong with the Redskins. They had Royster on the practice squad and could have brought him up but instead they go out and sign Choice who was released earlier by the Cowboys so we can get what out of him? Information? So what does anyone think that Royster is going to do? If Shanahan didn't have confidence in him before last weeks game then what changed? I tell you what it is. he is blind to the fact that the O-line stinks and he thinks it is the RB's on the team. Well, He needs to wake up and see that. No matter who they bring in they won't do anything more than what the rest have done. Just doesn't make sense.

Archived