Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: REDSKINS SIGN RB EVAN ROYSTER TO ACTIVE ROSTER; ADD RB TRISTAN DAVIS TO PRACTICE SQUAD

Mark The Homer

Show me better than you can tell me buddy. In other words talk is cheap. I heard the same excuses for Rogers, and we all seen how that worked out for us. I don't like the idea of having a bunch of our best players on a freaking FA list. Especially when we are talking about having a "rebuilding" year. Why would you even want to have your best players all on FA ? I hope what u say has some truth to it,but from my experiences with this team they never seem to make the right decisions. So I only calls it how I see it my man dueces

I don't think the FO had "any" intention of re-signing Carlos as he wanted too much money. That's why Wilson was plan B. If Carlos demands were lower, he'd still be in B & G. Let's face it, he was one of the old guard who was here to "get paid." We don't need that kind of garbage on our roster no matter if he is playing better than Wilson or not. Wilson has been decent and has kept his mouth shut. Meanwhile, Carlos is playing out of his head on a 1 year contract so he can "get paid." Once he gets paid, he'll revert to stone hands, just like Fat Al reverted to laziness. Davis is probably priority one and we can negotiate with him after the regular season. He may not even hit free agency, which isn't until after the Super Bowl. So calm down and let the season end first.

Keiland was still raw, and Ryan Torain couldn't pass protect, and Mike was still concerned about keeping him healthy. At a point, LJ's lack of production wasn't enough to justify keeping Torain off the roster, so they cut him so they could activate Torain. Then Portis got hurt and Keiland got called back up.

As for Choice, like I said, get some enemy intel on the division rival, give him a shot to play against his old team, and if he can't succeed, cut him and bring up the guy you were high on.

Not that hard to figure out.

LJ had 5 attempts. How could you tell there was a lack of production? If he was that bad, why waste any time on him? Also, you can get Choice without putting him on the field. It seems to me that Shanahan's quick decisions show he never liked these guys, so why play them?

They have guys who scout these guys relentlessly, so your real game tryout theory doesn't make sense to me.

LJ had 5 attempts. How could you tell there was a lack of production? If he was that bad, why waste any time on him? Also, you can get Choice without putting him on the field. It seems to me that Shanahan's quick decisions show he never liked these guys, so why play them?

They have guys who scout these guys relentlessly, so your real game tryout theory doesn't make sense to me.

he probably signed tashard choice to get info on dallas. sounds strange to me though cause isnt that what stephen bowen can be used for now?

He buys into his own hype about "his system" and how he can make running backs out of thin air. Consequently, he doesn't believe in investing in the position and thinks they're interchangeable.

Your belief is derived solely from a popular misconception that arose because people spent too much time listening to commentators express their awe at the Broncos' RB carousel in exaggerated terms.

Even in Denver, Shanahan's system was never about making running backs out of thin air. He sought out backs who had qualities that fit the system, played whoever he thought looked best at the moment, and did not hesitate to move on when a player failed to live up to expectations. Shanahan even invested heavily in the position, he just didn't give up high picks or big money to any one player.

A bigger mystery is why does Torain continue to start?

If you read between the lines, it would seem that Shanahan is trying to avoid running Helu into the ground unnecessarily this season. He does seem to like leaning on Torain for whatever reason... but that doesn't necessarily say a lot. It could be an indication that he views the offensive line as the major problem instead of Torain or it could mean that he's giving Torain one last hurrah to see if he's really worth hanging on to. Either way, at this point I think our coaching staff is clearly looking toward the future.

I was wondering how long we were gonna have to wait to see Royster and how Choice fit into the equation. Clearly playoffs are out of the picture. We're at a point where everything seems like a roster or talent evaluation. Torain has been a major disappointment this season. For the life of me I just can't figure out why Helu isn't starting. The oline might have played its beat game of this season. I wanna see more of the young studs.

Helu isn't starting because he's the change of pace/second half back.

Since Week 1 it's been ground n pound/stretch with Hightower & Torrain for the 1st half then Helu in to spell them.

Currently, Shanny doesn't see Helu as a 20 snaps a game back. Royster should make an immediate impact when he gets in. Especially in pass protection.

Helu isn't starting because he's the change of pace/second half back.

Since Week 1 it's been ground n pound/stretch with Hightower & Torrain for the 1st half then Helu in to spell them.

Currently, Shanny doesn't see Helu as a 20 snaps a game back. Royster should make an immediate impact when he gets in. Especially in pass protection.

See? That went smoother than you thought. :)

You managed to restrain all that meany-pants stuff :D about how you hate the people who should be smart enough (but apparently aren't) to figure that kind of stuff out if they're going to constantly post football opinions about this team. :pfft: :ols:

I restrain myself, too..... sometimes. :evilg:

Archived