Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Hall says Redskins should cut him following loss to Cowboys

IrepDC

You have to keep Hall. The man can still play, and his heart is here. He wears his heart on his sleeve and takes these loses personally. I for one, want Hall to stay here, and get better.

So what if he doesn't improve for the duration of the season, do you still keep him if better options are available? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should definitely cut him, but that window should certainly be opened for that possibility.

---------- Post added November-21st-2011 at 08:35 AM ----------

I have such a love/hate relationship with Dhall. I wish he was a bit better though. Its like he has all the tools but just can't get it done. He's not a #1 corner anyway. But I do love his intensity and I appreciate him taking the blame here. I just know that when crunch time comes they are going to turn DHall inside out and get the first down, or get into field goal range or get behind him for the TD or whatever. Its frustrating and that can't be the mark of your number one corner.

If we keep him next year, he CANNOT be our #1 corner. Any time teams feel comfortable to throw to you on 3rd down, that means that they don't fear nor respect you. I think that says alot regarding his coverage ability. He's just not getting it done.

Yeah, although it's a one way street. Remember, that defensive holding call we got when the guy was tackling him while the ball was getting to him? How that wasn't pass interference is incredible, esp. based on how they were calling it on the other side.

And yeah, in the first half we had so many tough calls against us that even Moose Johnson and the sideline guy were beginning to complain about it and kept saying flag after flag how the Redskins were getting ripped off.

The calls were awful and it is the first time that I have really thought to myself that a defensive holding needs to be a more severe penalty. Both times it was called it was close to PI and the Cowboys defender was using it to avoid a huge play. 5 yards isn't stiff enough. I honestly cannot see how the last one was not PI.

I hope we can address corner but keep Hall for depth. He seems to have the right attitude, most of the time, Shanahan would have sent him packing if he was detrimental to the locker room. I do like the fact he takes a loss hard and owns up to his mistakes but I would be happier if he did not give such a cushion off the line. Has he slowed down that much? Encouraged by what I saw from Gomes so maybe we let Landry take the rest of the season off.

The calls were awful and it is the first time that I have really thought to myself that a defensive holding needs to be a more severe penalty. Both times it was called it was close to PI and the Cowboys defender was using it to avoid a huge play. 5 yards isn't stiff enough. I honestly cannot see how the last one was not PI.

I agree. Defensive holding should be the same 10 yards as Offensive holding.

I'll be the first to say its a team sport. Send Hall packing, you might as well get rid of the whole team.

Where was the pass rush on that play? Not there. Where was the 3 pt. field goal from Gano to win the game in OT? Not there. Where was the safety helping over the top? Not there.

It's a team sport and the team blew it. Period!

Is Hall the best corner in the NFL? Probably not. Is he better than 2/3's of the corners in the league? I like to think so. My biggest problem with Hall is he doesn't blow coverage so much as he seems to "slip and fall". - --GET SOME NEW SHOES, HALL!!!

Yep, Hall ain't going anywhere. Anything can happen next year but I don't think he's going any where next year either. Unless we get a better (shut down) corner, Hall is staying and will be running his mouth. He probably be going to pro-bowl too.

No crazy is when you keep poison on the team when you need to rebuild and start from scratch.

They aren't all poison, but Hall, Cooley, Moss, Sellers, needed to go. Just to name a couple.

I'm with you. Fletcher is really the hold over Skin I want on the team next year. Rocky and Doughty can hit the bricks as well.

He gets on my nerves for sure, but he certainly steps up and takes more than his share of the blame at times. In that regard, I think he's a good leader. Having said that, I'm not sure which direction I'd like them to go with him. I'm really hoping that we have two new CBs in the near future and that Wilson, Thompson, or Barnes can fill out our depth.

Are you serious???!!!! BARNES IS TERRIBLE

While I don't view him as negatively as some here, I do see him as yet another guy who prefers to talk rather than let his play do the talking for him. Even this mea culpa thing is an example of that. You accept responsibility, that's good and appreciated, but don't go into all the martyr stuff that you don't really mean, stuff about thinking you should be cut, etc. Just take the blame and say you'll be better. Then SHOW US that you're better with your play. That's all that matters. Not all this melodramatic crap.

I dunno Jay Culter told me all I needed to know about DHall.

"I've played against him before," Cutler said, at his own press conference. "There's no reason to shy away from him. I mean, that's hard for me to say, throwing four picks at a guy, but I'd still, if we had to play them tomorrow, I'd go at him every time, if we could."

This year when he's not getting the ints he's not looking good.... and I'm pretty sure most QBs wanna throw against him....

Hall is the best corner om the team right now. He has been consistently covering the other team's top receiver, which has been part of the problem. Hall is not a 1 on 1 shut down corner like a Reevis. Hall can make plays though when used correctly.

DeAngelo Hall is not Darrell Green and he never will be. He can cover average wide receivers with no problem. This difficulty with how he plays happens when he tries to cover elite wide receivers. He's proven time and time again that he can't cover the elite receivers.

:secret: not many corners can one on one

It was the easiest call in the world today knowing he was going to get burnt repeatedly on 3rd down.

yep, i called it out, the announcers called it out... im honestly not sure why we didnt have safety help there.

but overall, i like dhall. his tackling has improved and he's always going after the ball when people get stood up.. i like that.

So what if he doesn't improve for the duration of the season, do you still keep him if better options are available? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should definitely cut him, but that window should certainly be opened for that possibility.
I would definitely still say do not cut him. Is he playing up to a #1 corner standards? No, but I don't think he is playing at a #3 either, so you definitely keep him.

I just think he needs to calm down, stop going for the homerun or knockout every single time, and get back to basics. I love the guys heart and think he still has it in him to play.

Archived