Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Hall says Redskins should cut him following loss to Cowboys

IrepDC

I'm sorry, but I don't get all the hate for the guy. I admit, he didn't play a great game, and he has some flaws, but the guy just admitted he screwed up and is blaming himself for the loss. If anything, it shows just how emotionally invested he is (if he's serious, and at this point I don't have a reason to necessarily doubt him). You'd think more people would be a little more understanding to the fact that we lost a really close, winnable game. If all of us fans are upset and pissed off over the loss, imagine how the players, including Hall, feels.

And he's taking responsibility to boot! I mean how many times do we hear people ***** about nobody taking taking responsibility and blaming other guys? But he admits he's playing poorly, blames himself, and people on here are still bashing the hell out of him. I don't get it.

Halls new nickname to me is Dez owns me angelo hall.... if any of you think hall will take a paycut your nuts.... hes not a team player like he tries to act like he is.... and on the witten play hes throwing someone under the bus... very classy meangelo... you simply suck ... stop spending time designing bracelets and always talking and fighting and get to practicing on how to cover your man. Not sure if anyone else noticed but twice this game instead of trying to tackle the player hes grabbing at the ball and the ball carrier gains an extra 5 to 7 yards.... get out of here d hall you suck..

I'm getting pretty sick of the finger pointing around here! Just last year, DeAngelo was picking off FOUR INT's in one game, stripping the ball against the Crackgirls and scoring, and covering pretty damn well. He even won the MVP in the Pro Bowl (for whatever that matters). Hall can be one of our best corners, and yet when he has a slump -- which much of this team has been having for 5 straight games now! -- you ES "fans" are too quick to jump and ask for his head. Just like you did with Grossman and then you were all Beck-lovers all of a sudden! A lot of you people make me sick!

This team has a LOT more problems than the play of DeAngelo Hall right now. And sure .. you could chase him off to another team, where -- like the guy you all called "Stone Hands," Carlos Rogers -- he will go on and flourish. STOP IT! How many good players is this team going to send off to other teams because they have a slump?! No wonder the Redskins have sucked the last decade, because people just like you were making personnel decisions!

In no way do I want hall to be cut. His pay needs to be restructured for sure but we do need a real number one corner. Hall on the cheap to play number two for us would be solid.

Hopefully in this era the Skins look at cost/benefit and make accurate assessments, unlike bygone eras.

Hall has some value. Whether he is worth his salary or not, and whether there is better value who can fill the role the way we need is another question.

yeah yeah Bryant really owned Hall with his 3 receptions for 68 yards ... man that is ownership ..

What I hope is someone takes Hall aside and tell him to check his attitude as it is very negative with statements like this . He is not a cancer but he is very emotional and he needs to forget the losses and move on .

Redskins fans need to get a clue . This year was ALWAYS going to be tough but anything that could go wrong so far ... has gone wrong . I was actually impressed with the fans at FedEx they really were getting behind this team ... there were far too many blue shirts there but still they showed good support and in the first time in a month really offered something to chear about .

But the Skins fans on ES never fail to point the finger and never disappoint anyone looking for some whine to go with their late night cheese . So far I have seen people wanting to CUT Orakpo, Hall and Landry (who didn't even play this week) following yesterdays game and seeing Williams injury as a good thing because we can now see what we have in an un drafted rookie ....

So far I have seen people wanting to CUT Orakpo, Hall and Landry (who didn't even play this week) following yesterdays game and seeing Williams injury as a good thing because we can now see what we have in an un drafted rookie ....

I know. It's absolutely crazy to me. I don't get it either.

Redskins fans need to get a clue . This year was ALWAYS going to be tough but anything that could go wrong so far ... has gone wrong . I was actually impressed with the fans at FedEx they really were getting behind this team ... there were far too many blue shirts there but still they showed good support and in the first time in a month really offered something to chear about .

But the Skins fans on ES never fail to point the finger and never disappoint anyone looking for some whine to go with their late night cheese . So far I have seen people wanting to CUT Orakpo, Hall and Landry (who didn't even play this week) following yesterdays game and seeing Williams injury as a good thing because we can now see what we have in an un drafted rookie ....

Crazy people will find a way to justify anything...

You're being unfair to crazy people. This is a whole new kind of crazy. Every week ES takes crazy to a whole different level.

Not every week. Just when we lose.

That's what I've noticed. When the team loses, all the sudden all these people who don't regularly post come right the frak out of nowhere immediately following the game to badmouth everyone and everything. Then they disappear for the week, the adults return to fray, and ES is normal until the next game. (Well, as normal as ES gets).

Not every week. Just when we lose.

That's what I've noticed. When the team loses, all the sudden all these people who don't regularly post come right the frak out of nowhere immediately following the game to badmouth everyone and everything. Then they disappear for the week, the adults return to fray, and ES is normal until the next game. (Well, as normal as ES gets).

I agree except it's not just after the game. You should read some of the gems that were posted in the game day thread :(

---------- Post added November-21st-2011 at 01:20 AM ----------

Then there are those who aren't fans and grade corners on their worth.

Hall is a joke.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2011/worst-cornerback-charting-stats-2010

I would have cut him going into this season.

Hall isn't a joke. He's not the best, but he's not the worst either. And crazy is when you want to cut 8 million players b/c they have a bad game (or they're pissed off b/c we lost) without having a clue as to whose gonna replace these people or even if their "replacements" would be any better than the players they're demanding to be cut.

I agree except it's not just after the game. You should read some of the gems that were posted in the game day thread :(

---------- Post added November-21st-2011 at 01:20 AM ----------

Hall isn't a joke. He's not the best, but he's not the worst either. And crazy is when you want to cut 8 million players b/c they have a bad game (or they're pissed off b/c we lost) without having a clue as to whose gonna replace these people or even if their "replacements" would be any better than the players they're demanding to be cut.

No crazy is when you keep poison on the team when you need to rebuild and start from scratch.

They aren't all poison, but Hall, Cooley, Moss, Sellers, needed to go. Just to name a couple.

No crazy is when you keep poison on the team when you need to rebuild and start from scratch.

They aren't all poison, but Hall, Cooley, Moss, Sellers, needed to go. Just to name a couple.

I don't necessarily agree that he's poison. On that, we can agree to disagree. And I'm not opposed to cutting players (like Sellers for example). But when people say they wanna cut people like Landry, who didn't even play, it's crazy to me. The second we cut someone like Landry or Hall and they get resigned somewhere else, we're gonna regret it.

And I'll give you that they both haven't been playing as well as they could be, but I think there are reasons for everyone's poor play this season that go beyond them just being terrible (I don't think they're terrible). I think the injuries, our current record, and maybe even lack of preparation are all playing a part in why guys like Hall and Landry aren't playing as well as they should. I know people don't want to hear it, but give them time. Give them an offense that can move the ball consistently every week and watch the attitude change that happens with these guys.

How are any of those guys poison?

Albert Haynesworth was poisonous. Donovan McNabb was poisonous.

The guys you mentioned are veterans. There's a difference.

d hall has always been the guy that is at the perpetual crossroad, even with the recognition he's always had as a pro - especially when he wound up in washington. he scoops up a huge fumble in shanny's first game and is one of the "role player" types we figure we'll pull more talent out of under a new scheme. he's like landry in his celebratory / get-pumped aesthetic, but then he picks off jay cutler for 4 tds and has one of those days that makes you go "wow". for once i totally agree with his position and statement, entirely. he's all-to consistently all bark and no bite.

I mean, its 3rd and 15 and we let Romo sits to pee stay upright for 7 seconds, I don't care who is covering Dez, it's an easy completion. Hell, give Tim Tebow 7 seconds and i guarantee he finds an open receiver. All this hate on Hall is retarded. He throws HIMSELF under the bus anyway, and ya'll are still jawing him. Why don't you guys strap on a a helmet and cover Dez Bryant for that long?

. He's still always a threat to make a play out there, he's just doesn't have the closing speed to make up for his mistakes like he used to...

Like he used to? you're talking like he was actually good at one point. When was DeAngelo hall ever good? That one game on atlanta when TO had a bad game? He was always overrated, and he runs his mouth too much. Let him go and send haslett with him

For once it's refreshing to hear that a player takes these losses to heart as much as the fans in Washington.

I didn't always believe that was so, but I think with the culture change and character team that is being built those days are behind us. D Hall had a rough day, but at least he's not making excuses or deflecting blame. Props to him for being a man.

but now he and the rest of the team need to put this game behind them and great ready for the Sea Hags.

I mean' date=' its 3rd and 15 and we let Romo sits to pee stay upright for 7 seconds, I don't care who is covering Dez, it's an easy completion. Hell, give Tim Tebow 7 seconds and i guarantee he finds an open receiver. All this hate on Hall is retarded. He throws HIMSELF under the bus anyway, and ya'll are still jawing him. Why don't you guys strap on a a helmet and cover Dez Bryant for that long?[/quote']

Don't you understand! If we had a shutdown corner (and you remember they grow on trees, right?) we'd be fine! Sorriest corner in the league, can't cover a guy for 7 seconds! BAH-HUM-BUG, I SAY! I say we cut him! Kevin Barnes may struggle being physical with guys in the slot, but he still wouldn't be worse than D-Hall! And while we're at it, I know Landry didn't play today, but he really disappointed me with his play today!

Cut 'em all! They're POISON, DAMN IT!

Archived