Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Hall says Redskins should cut him following loss to Cowboys

IrepDC

DHall need to be moved to FS

A safety who's has major weakness when it comes to tackling... no thank you... Let's just keep him at corner. Hall makes more plays than he gives up, and he doesn't get credit for them. This is an off year, but he single handedly won games for us last year.

The guy just said he should get cut, acknowledged he gets overpaid, took full responsibility for the loss even though it wasn't really his fault, and basically bared his soul for the media and the fanbase...and we talk about what a cancer and a jerk he is.

This, once again, is why we can't have nice things.

What does him admitting he sucks have to do with him not being a jerk or cancer? Do you watch Redskins games? He is the most annoying player b/c he talks smack, but can't back it up! He talks smack before games, during games, and after...Him and Landry are probably not going to be here next year and that's addition by subtraction. Landry doesn't STFU either and he can't stay healthy.

My thoughts exactly, spidey. And I really like that draft you've put together.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Hall is not a shutdown CB. The guy can tackle (when he wants to), and he can absolutely jump routes for INTs, but the guy simply cannot cover his man. It doesn't matter of it's the #5 WR or the back up TE, Hall simply bites on too many moves and gets beat entirely too much!

...does anyone else realize that he had good coverage on dez initially on the slat, and then Romo sits to pee rolled out of the pocket and dez flowed with him. D-hall tripped. It happens.

We constantly sit on our high horse and talk about how we want people who care about our football team and care about winning and losing. With d-hall, it's "eff d-hall, he's a cancer, he's a poison, he's got a big mouth, he always gives up big plays!" blah blah blah blah blah.

The guy just said he should get cut, acknowledged he gets overpaid, took full responsibility for the loss even though it wasn't really his fault, and basically bared his soul for the media and the fanbase...and we talk about what a cancer and a jerk he is.

exactly!!!!

DHall need to be moved to FS

D Hall needs to be moved to the other side of the ball... he can catch, but can't cover....... but we are all sick and tired of his mouth... donate your paycheck if you really do think you are overpaid... ALL GAME LONG he was lost...all game...

All for cutting Hall, but only if he takes Laron with him.

I agree 100% with the "poison" comment from another poster earlier. In addition to adding talent, we have been subtracting quite a bit as well in an effort to move on from our ugly past.

Hall, Landry, and Gano are three guys I'd rather see wearing different uniforms next year.

Hall and Landry, sure....but I don't want Gano to end up like Suisham and Novak because other teams decide to let them developed. Hall and Landry had their chance.

In my opinion, our sorry offense that struggles to gain a single yard has given our fans inaccurate expectations. We see how hard it is for our offense to do ANYTHING so we blast our corners for every single catch they give up. The fact is, the new NFL is set up for the offense to move the ball. The rules are extremely in favor of WRs, and combined with good OL blocking and a QB that throws well on the move, plays like today are going to happen.

We got a glimpse of a competent offense with Hankerson last week. For once we had a big WR who could run routes and decent enough blocking for our QB to get him the ball. Hank was damn near unstoppable as we saw. And all do respect to Hank, our OL, and Grossman, Dallas has better offensive players at each of those positions.

My point as that people should temper their criticisms of our secondary. If you really pay attention, championship defenses in this current league win with pressure on the QB and turnovers. We need to focus on those two aspects of our defense, and with more pressure, Hall has shown he will force turnovers.

I think a restructured contract would be good for Hall and the team going forward. Plus continuing to develop our front 7.

we need to go in another direction next year...without a doubt. Don't know what some of you guys see in Hall... Been watching the guy since his MeAngelo days here in Atlanta, and he is what he is...a lot of talk, little substance. I counted at least 5 3rd and longs (8+yards) today where Mr. Hall gave up the 1st down pass...including the game winning drive pass for the second straight Dallas game. He plays way to off his man and acts like he has Deion's recovery speed to do so...problem is that he doesn't. Let him go after the season...we would be better off going younger.

Shut down corners do not exist! Other than maybe the top 1 or 2 players, CBs in the current NFL make their names off of two things 1) Their front 7 2) Getting turnovers. Revis might shut down a guy, Asomoguh every now and then, but thenyou look at guys like Asante Samuel, Tramon Williams and Woodson in Green Bay, Tillman in Chicago. These guys get beat plenty, but they can create turnovers and their teams capitalize.

Hall may not be forcing many this year, but he has that same playing style as all of those guys. He jumps routes, he goes to strip the ball, he has that killer instinct. That's the only way you're going to win as a DB in this pass happy rules league. I'm not ready to give up on Hall.

we need to go in another direction next year...without a doubt. Don't know what some of you guys see in Hall... Been watching the guy since his MeAngelo days here in Atlanta, and he is what he is...a lot of talk, little substance. I counted at least 5 3rd and longs (8+yards) today where Mr. Hall gave up the 1st down pass...including the game winning drive pass for the second straight Dallas game. He plays way to off his man and acts like he has Deion's recovery speed to do so...problem is that he doesn't. Let him go after the season...we would be better off going younger.

Just out of curiousity, how many snaps did DeAngelo Hall play, how many 3rd and long sitations was the team in, and did you count any third downs thrown against any other corners?

...Does anyone else realize that he had good coverage on Dez initially on the slat, and then Romo sits to pee rolled out of the pocket and Dez flowed with him. D-Hall tripped. It happens.

We constantly sit on our high horse and talk about how we want people who care about our football team and care about winning and losing. With D-Hall, it's "EFF D-HALL, HE'S A CANCER, HE'S A POISON, HE'S GOT A BIG MOUTH, HE ALWAYS GIVES UP BIG PLAYS!" blah blah blah blah blah.

Did he trip before or after he turned his hips the wrong way?

Because him being a lockerroom poison is a fan contrived notion.

I don't think he is poisoning the lockeroom as much as he has very strong ties to failed past regimes. He's a holdover from those years and even though I think he is an adequate player, he is overpaid and is a symbol of when we paid guys just cuz instead of developing our own. Laron is a guy that has been mostly hype in his career with little production. Again, he is talented and may blossom elsewhere, but in order for him to remain a Redskin, we will need to pay him and I don't want to do that.

You guys don't really believe that Hall's statements are genuine. Do you?

If he was sincere in his comments, he would not continuously run his mother ****ing mouth so much.

Again, I must ask, since the Dallas game, when the hell has DeAngelo Hall said? Did he say anything this week? The previous weeks? Am I missing something?

---------- Post added November-20th-2011 at 10:29 PM ----------

I don't think he is poisoning the lockeroom as much as he has very strong ties to failed past regimes. He's a holdover from those years and even though I think he is an adequate player, he is overpaid and is a symbol of when we paid guys just cuz instead of developing our own. Laron is a guy that has been mostly hype in his career with little production. Again, he is talented and may blossom elsewhere, but in order for him to remain a Redskin, we will need to pay him and I don't want to do that.

Could just restructure D-Hall (he seems open to it if he's being honest) and franchise tag Landry and see if Landry can duplicate his 2010 season.

Again, I must ask, since the Dallas game, when the hell has DeAngelo Hall said? Did he say anything this week? The previous weeks? Am I missing something?

---------- Post added November-20th-2011 at 10:29 PM ----------

Not really interested in either of those options. I want to foster an environment of competition and growth... No sacred cows. If Laron had a track record that suggested he had earned franchise player status, I'd be OK with it, but six years into his career we still talk about him more in terms of potential than production. Time to move on.

Could just restructure D-Hall (he seems open to it if he's being honest) and franchise tag Landry and see if Landry can duplicate his 2010 season.

If it is Jim Haslett putting him 10 yards off the ball like that, I would suggest Hall just outright disobey coach and go shove Dez a couple times for crying out loud.

I agree, it's an 'easy call' that he won't stop the 3rd and long, but not because I think he's some bum. Rather because you can just see it. There is not one single player on the planet whos going to stick to Dez Bryant or really any other receiver for 7 seconds without holding on to them. Dez was running routes like he was in practice, for ****S SAKE disrupt their offense/timing/routes a little, god damn.

As 'noble' as DHall sounds with his comment, I don't like it. It's just a stupid, unprofessional thing to say.

Archived