Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Hall says Redskins should cut him following loss to Cowboys

IrepDC

The dude made "I Hate Dallas" wristbands for crying out loud. Restructure his contract if you have to, but he needs to stay a skin. That's the talent we keep talking about,even if he is getting older. He's still always a threat to make a play out there, he's just doesn't have the closing speed to make up for his mistakes like he used to...

Which was more than evident when he wasn't able to run down Witten in open field. Witten is good, but you've never heard his name and speed in the same sentence. If he can't catch a TE then hoe can he run with or even cover a star WR?

I think of Hall the same way I think of Asante Samuel - they both play zone well, but are liabilities in man-to-man. I wonder if Has needs to scheme a little better/differently in the future. Hall needs a shutdown corner opposite him to free up a safety to help him out.

Our number one needs are QB and O-line of course, but I wouldn't be upset if we picked a cover corner early.

On a related note, doesn't it seem like Westbrook plays well when forced into action? I like his coverage much better than Barnes' anyway.

Back to Hall - I don't rematch the games or anything, but I've always liked Hall's physical play against the run and screens and such. The dude tries hard and has heart, I'll give him that.

...Does anyone else realize that he had good coverage on Dez initially on the slat, and then Romo sits to pee rolled out of the pocket and Dez flowed with him. D-Hall tripped. It happens.

We constantly sit on our high horse and talk about how we want people who care about our football team and care about winning and losing. With D-Hall, it's "EFF D-HALL, HE'S A CANCER, HE'S A POISON, HE'S GOT A BIG MOUTH, HE ALWAYS GIVES UP BIG PLAYS!" blah blah blah blah blah.

The guy just said he should get cut, acknowledged he gets overpaid, took full responsibility for the loss even though it wasn't really his fault, and basically bared his soul for the media and the fanbase...and we talk about what a cancer and a jerk he is.

This, once again, is why we can't have nice things.

Sensible post...

This is 100 percent accurate, every poster on this thread needs to read that post again.

When he had his 4 pics against the bears I didn't hear anyone saying he was a cancer or a poison, the fact is he is struggling on a struggling team, I still see him playing and not giving up, I love this dude's attitude he is an emotional player and wants to win. There are plenty other options other then cuting him.

I don't know. The tolerance level of the fan base is is at issue. We live in a country now when we feel its time to throw the bums out no matter the alternative. Especially if no positive progress is at hand.Losing six in a row is obscene. Most like myself don't see it with this organization. Such a culture of losing, missed opportunitys and inept crap rules this team. Its deep. I believe Hall has had enough and would like to move on.

I don't know. The tolerance level of the fan base is is at issue. We live in a country now when we feel its time to throw the bums out no matter the alternative. Especially if no positive progress is at hand.Losing six in a row is obscene. Most like myself don't see it with this organization. Such a culture of losing, missed opportunitys and inept crap rules this team. Its deep. I believe Hall has had enough and would like to move on.

And sometimes that is mutually beneficial, which I believe is the case here. When early in the first quarter I saw Hall flexing or pointing or whatever he was doing and the team was losing I thought to myself, yah go ahead and lay some attention on yourself because you are so awesome. Hall is replaceable at his price and performance.

Hall is going nowhere. He is under contract for two(?) more years. He's a great locker room guy and a playmaker. But yeah let's cut him and replace him with Kevin Barnes..... while we are at it let's let Landry walk, trade Orakpo, and get rid of Atogwe so we will have even more holes to fill. Smh. The defense is fine. I'm glad none of you people are making our personnel decisions. This team would never get back to where it needs to be. Hall is going NOWHERE.

Like he used to? you're talking like he was actually good at one point. When was DeAngelo hall ever good? That one game on atlanta when TO had a bad game? He was always overrated, and he runs his mouth too much. Let him go and send haslett with him

That one game where he had 4 INTs last year come to mind. Or the fact he scored our only TD in our home win over Dallas last year. I've been watching the games this year, and he usually does well enough as long as he isn't consistently being asked to cover one-on-one beast #1 WRs. He's not the #1 guy anymore, but he's improved on his tackling and run support this year, so I don't want to just cut him.

And you just sound frustrated saying get rid of Haslet, too...

That one game where he had 4 INTs last year come to mind. Or the fact he scored our only TD in our home win over Dallas last year. I've been watching the games this year, and he usually does well enough as long as he isn't consistently being asked to cover one-on-one beast #1 WRs. He's not the #1 guy anymore, but he's improved on his tackling and run support this year, so I don't want to just cut him.

And you just sound frustrated saying get rid of Haslet, too...

I mean you can't let the 4 int game sway your opinion of him on how he's our #1 CB. Again my quote of Cutler saying he'd throw against D Hall every time if he could, which he said right after his 4 picks, just shows that there's probably a lot of QBs who don't respect his cover skills.

I think D Hall is a good corner, not a great one and not a true number 1 corner in my opinion. I think he can be a solid contributor under the right circumstances. Now finding a #1 CB is either going to have to be done in free agency or use a high draft pick. With us desperately needing a QB in the draft that leaves us free agency and I don't know who will be available this year. So we are stuck with D Hall unless something drastically changes.

I mean you can't let the 4 int game sway your opinion of him on how he's our #1 CB. Again my quote of Cutler saying he'd throw against D Hall every time if he could, which he said right after his 4 picks, just shows that there's probably a lot of QBs who don't respect his cover skills.

LOL - So, wait, we're quoting Jay Cutler as the voice of reason for throwing at DHall?

Jay Cutler has 86 interceptions in his 62 career games for a reason. He makes poor decisions.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jaycutler/2495824/profile

Archived