Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's your average daily commute?

renaissance

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

since my layoff and subsequent new job, my commute is awful and runs 2.5 hrs in total on average daily(it's an hour in the morning if I leave before 6AM and 1.5 to 2 home is I leave before 4PM)

Geez man, more power to you. I had a job at an apple sauce factory out in Winchester. 12-hour shift, 5am to 5pm. When I got out and came home to Gainesville, I decided to see if I could make it work. Left the house at 3:30am. That lasted a whole two days.

3.5 miles each way, straight south on Loudoun County Parkway to work, straight north Loudoun County Parkway home. 15 minutes each way...

...unless some idiot, drunk 18 year old T-bones a poor lady driving to work at 60 MPH on the overpass causing every rescue squad, firetruck and police car within 50 miles to converge on said overpass, and two medivac choppers to land and evacuate both drivers. Then it takes and hour, because the overpass is the ONLY WAY OUT OF MY NEIGHBORHOOD. Not that I can really complain

I go from Purcellville to Reston. On a good day it can be 35 min, on a bad day 1 hour 30 min+, so I said an hour.

---------- Post added November-17th-2011 at 10:18 AM ----------

3.5 miles each way, straight south on Loudoun County Parkway to work, straight north Loudoun County Parkway home. 15 minutes each way...

...unless some idiot, drunk 18 year old T-bones a poor lady driving to work at 60 MPH on the overpass causing every rescue squad, firetruck and police car within 50 miles to converge on said overpass, and two medivac choppers to land and evacuate both drivers. Then it takes and hour, because the overpass is the ONLY WAY OUT OF MY NEIGHBORHOOD. Not that I can really complain

Yeah and it backed up route 7 (not involved in accident at all) from the Parkway overpass to leesburg.

Geez man, more power to you. I had a job at an apple sauce factory out in Winchester. 12-hour shift, 5am to 5pm. When I got out and came home to Gainesville, I decided to see if I could make it work. Left the house at 3:30am. That lasted a whole two days.

I was "lucky" in a sense to land a fairly high paying job to at least help off set the fuel expense. I'm getting more accustomed to the commute now, its been about a year and a half so far. They also let me telecommute one day a week and whenever we face poor driving conditions. Its not perfect, but it works somewhat for now.

I also use the drive home time to either do conference calls or to have some great conversation time with my Mom.

Archived