Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Idiot speculates Peyton Manning will be traded Skins. ES falls for it,panic ensues even. IQ points drop like flies

70th Week

Thankfully this is speculation by a talking head and not a rumor with substance' date=' and I agree with everything you said here. I would lose all faith in Shanahan/Allen and could possibly end this 34 year fan's support of this organization.[/quote']

If the talking head was anyone but Schefter, then there'd be zero merit to it at all.

but it's Adam Schefter. The guy who confirms everything in the league on twitter.

dont see us going after Manning, not at his age. personally I think Barkley fits our O if we draft a QB early...., but I wouldnt have problem drafting Oline early and taking Brandon Weeden later, I know he's 28 but i think he would be a steal later in the draft. I think his age is a plus, he has a big arm also

Would it be too far fetched to think that Snyder would conspire to fire Mike and Bruce, quietly bring Vinny back in the background, hire Cowher and trade for Manning. Of Course Not!

This is what scares me. This can't be ruled out any more than anything else.

---------- Post added November-15th-2011 at 11:13 AM ----------

If the talking head was anyone but Schefter, then there'd be zero merit to it at all.

but it's Adam Schefter. The guy who confirms everything in the league on twitter.

If, as some have said, we'd only have to give one mid round pick, then I'd be OK with it, but I do believe that there are a number of teams that are a QB short of being a playoff team that would bid for him thus raising his price. Like I said, I see this as nothing but a rumor, but if it does happen and we have to give up major picks then what little faith I've gotten over the last two seasons will be long gone.

My issue is, just like rehabbed drunks and gambling addicts still lapse into their old ways on occasion, I would not be shocked if Snyder lapsed into his old fantasy football ways and override all management decisions by Shanny/Allen to get Manning.

I personally think this is all smoke and mirrors by Shanahan, but think about this:

Suppose we invest heavily in our OL in addition to Manning, and give him at least a solid group up front to work with. With a healthy Santana Moss an Hankerson, plus the vet presence of Gaffney and anyone else we bring along (Paul, Austin, rookie), do you think its impossible that Manning could turn that into a Top 12 Offense? If we do that and continue to develop on defense, we could be looking at a solid contender, although only for the immediate future.

I know all of us are ready to build around a franchise QB and take the lumps early in hopes of consistent winning, but even if this does materialize it might not be the end of the world.

];8692718']I personally think this is all smoke and mirrors by Shanahan' date=' but think about this:

Suppose we invest heavily in our OL in addition to Manning, and give him at least a solid group up front to work with. With a healthy Santana Moss an Hankerson, plus the vet presence of Gaffney and anyone else we bring along (Paul, Austin, rookie), do you think its impossible that Manning could turn that into a Top 12 Offense? If we do that and continue to develop on defense, we could be looking at a solid contender, although only for the immediate future.

I know all of us are ready to build around a franchise QB and take the lumps early in hopes of consistent winning, but even if this does materialize it might not be the end of the world.[/quote']

I think our defense is now, and has been for some time, a solid defense, but our offense is 2-3 years behind the defense in being playoff ready.

Why can't we get the SMARTEST and arguably best QB ever to grace the NFL and acquire a QB in the draft? Who better to teach a young QB than a first ballot HOF'er?

EDIT: And I'm not convinced that a 1st is the only way to acquire Peyton.

I agree with you on both points.

Pure speculative bull****.

And watching that segment makes me mad all over again that Snyder dumped Brad Johnson for.......Jeff George. What a moroon.

I didn't watch... was the whole segment speculative?

Just because Adam Schefter is generally not in the speculative business and it's known that MS feeds him stuff. He also confirms EVERYTHING on twitter from rumor to fact.

This would be one of the dumbest moves this team could make. Doesn't make sense for a team in our situation. It would make more sense for a team like the Jets. Also, Peyton Manning isn't coming here to tutor a rookie. If he were willing to do that then he'd stay in Indy. Then there are the egos. Peyton Manning is going to want to run his offense. He's been doing it for a decade. I don't see the Shanahans wanting to give up that kind of control. It would be a complete disaster.

Just because Adam Schefter is generally not in the speculative business and it's known that MS feeds him stuff. He also confirms EVERYTHING on twitter from rumor to fact.

Adam Schefter also connected us with a crapton of big name free agents in the offseason, and I think he was among the people who said we were trying to move up to get Blaine Gabbert.

Schefter is a more reliable source than Jason Lie Canfora, but he's not infallible.

How could guessing in November what the Colts will do with Manning, what Manning will do, and what our interest would be if he were available be anything other than speculation on his part? The Colts aren't going to tip off anyone on their intentions this early in the game.

This would be okay IF, and only IF, we also draft a young QB with our first pick. I wouldn't mind having our future QB tutored by Peyton— would you?

Yea, but its going to cost us atleast a 1st round pick for him. I think Manning is great and would make us better right away......however two years from now then what. We go back to sucking. I will pass on Manning and go for a QB in the 1st and give that a try. We wont be as good as if we had Manning next season but in the long run hopefully it will work out.

Archived