Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Idiot speculates Peyton Manning will be traded Skins. ES falls for it,panic ensues even. IQ points drop like flies

70th Week

Could this be Mike Shanahans way of calling BS on Jim Irsay and his quote that Manning gave the OK on drafting another QB? Why not stir the pot a little bit, try and get a response out of Manning, and see where it goes.

Irsay is trying to increase the value of the 1st pick for a trade. MS is attempting to devalue it/ignite some tension by having the top reporter in the NFL put out that we would take Manning off the Colts hand if they "don't want him".

This is all super hypothecial, but its fun to make it look like our FO knows what they are doing and have a plan. :(

What bothered me most about this thread is that there are people who thought this would be a great idea. It simply would not make sense for a team in our situation.

Absolutely.

It would only make sense if we were one piece away from a championship caliber team. We are not. Common sense.

Nobody in their right mind is going to trade for Peyton, not with that huge contract he just signed and not with that injury he has. If the Colts end up drafting Luck (they'd be fools not to if they are sitting there with the first pick), I think you are more likely to see the Colts release Manning and take the dead money hit. They could always go out and pick up a vet scrub for minimum. The Colts are going to suck for a while. They should take the hit now and rebuild for the future.

wouldn't it be funny if the Colts cut Peyton before the end of the season (so he won't get that 28 mil) and then Luck says he isn't playing for the Colts/ goes back to school, lol....

Not THAT big a deal really. The Colts aren't going to be a good team for a couple more years in my opinion. I seriously doubt they were more than a 6-8 win team this year even with Manning. So, if that scenario happened, they could still select the QB of their choice and start building again (like they have to do anyway). They'd just be doing it with Barkley or Jones instead of Luck.

What bothered me most about this thread is that there are people who thought this would be a great idea. It simply would not make sense for a team in our situation.

To be fair, most coupled the idea of acquiring Manning while still drafting a QB next year, and under the constraint of NO 1st rounder for Peyton. No chance this could happen, which is why I don't think the participants of this thread took it half as seriously as the people bashing the thread. Maybe I didn't read enough of the pages, but I don't recall many saying WE MUST DO THIS and sell the farm to make it happen.

I have tremendous respect for what Peyton Manning has done in the NFL, but he's not a west coast quarterback. It would be a bad fit. Can you imagine Mike Shanahan trying to change Manning''s mechanics the same way he tried with McNabb? A long time veteran is stuck in their ways. Manning, like McNabb, will do what comes natural to him. This would be another debacle waiting to happen.

If there were, they were very few and far between. Most of us who commented on this thread either disagreed with the idea out right, or said they'd go along with the idea based on certain criteria that would have to be met. I don't believe people are idiots for speculating on trade rumors of Peyton Manning as what the thread title was changed to. I think giving the situation the Indy could possibly be in, and considering that our 'skins haven't given us a lot of great things to talk about, it certainly is something worth discussing. Most of us are pretty level headed with it though.

Archived