Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Idiot speculates Peyton Manning will be traded Skins. ES falls for it,panic ensues even. IQ points drop like flies

70th Week

Now that would be epic! Damn I'm getting excited thinking of that situation. Draft Tannehill and have Manning mentor him. :cloud9:

i agree that would be a smarter move than the overreaction that you'd see here.

who's our young QB going to learn from right now? Rex Grossman? you all want our young QB learning from Rex Grossman and John Beck?

I do. everyone in the league knows they are buying a 1-3 year rental until he retires.

how much do you think teams would be willing to hand over for that?

See my above post...again, let's think about how the Skins do business. This is why I'm nervous about this rumor. If there is ANY truth, prepare for the worst. I could easily see the Skins giving up multiple picks to get him out of Indy. There are a lot of holes on this offense and I'm not even sure if Peyton Manning on this team makes us better than 9 wins.

Im guessing their is no basis for it, but let me tell you.. if there is truth to this and we decide to go with Manning given his age/neck injuries behind our line then this Allen/Shanahan homer is done being a Allen/Shanahan homer.

It would also make me strongly consider ending my 32 year relationship with the Skins.

For the right price, how could you not like the idea.

You could do us a favor and end it today if you'd like!

This worries me. Out of all the ESPN talking heads' date=' Schefter is the least likely to just spout nonsense based on stereotypes from 2002.[/quote'] The reason it worries me is not just because Shefter is the least likely to spout nonsense but we all know Shanahan hates rookie Qb's and loves veterans. And Peyton Manning is one of the best veterans you can get. Id be so pissed off with all the good QB's available in this draft.

The only hole in our theory of getting him cheap to mentor a young quarterback is the old saying, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Were in an almost identical position as the colts. If it would make sense to pay the 28 million bonus to Peyton so he could mentor a young stud qb then the colts would do it.

Johnny U with the Chargers

Montana with the Chiefs

Joe Namath with the Rams

Brett Favre with the Jets

Emmitt Smith with the Cardinals

Tony Dorsett with the Broncos

Franco Harris with the Seahawks

OJ Simpson with the 49ers

Thurman Thomas with the Dolphins

Jerry Rice with the Seahawks

Art Monk with the Eagles

If Peyton Manning ever plays for someone besides the Colts, he's on this list.

Says who?

Colts will want and will get a 1st for Manning.

We won't give up this years first, but we will have to give up next years. It is not worth it. Otherwise they will keep Luck on the bench and let Manning get two more year for a ring

---------- Post added November-15th-2011 at 04:48 PM ----------

I don't want to trade for Manning, but nobody is going to trade a first for an old QB with a possibly career ending neck injury.

Ok, yes neck injury is something to watch.

But if he is fully recovered, someone will give a first. Manning will play until he is 41 (if his neck is truly healthy) and someone will give up a first to get him (if he is available). Remember, Manning is a Colts legend. It will take a lot to pry him away from them.

It is highly unlikely that this will happen because if the injury is that bad that the Colts are willing to trade himto make room for a Rookie like Luck then that screams a big NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I say only do it if it doesn't affect our draft position or cost too much. I think that Manning is smart enough to know where he wants to go if that were to happen or he will just retire.

Johnny U with the Chargers

Montana with the Chiefs

Joe Namath with the Rams

Brett Favre with the Jets

Emmitt Smith with the Cardinals

Tony Dorsett with the Broncos

Franco Harris with the Seahawks

OJ Simpson with the 49ers

Thurman Thomas with the Dolphins

Jerry Rice with the Seahawks

Art Monk with the Eagles

If Peyton Manning ever plays for someone besides the Colts, he's on this list.

Well, both Favre and Montana did great things with the Vikings and Chiefs...Just sayin'

I'm so sick of ......................one these stories..and two this team either entertaining such foolishness and worse yet...acting on it. Again,.........stop taking the easy way out,....go draft a qb. Is it a lock? No. But stop pinching off other teams who are givingggggggggggg away their players. This is not 26 year old Peyton Manning. This is not a team that is a qb away from the Super Bowl. It's a team in a rebuild. Does it need a franchise qb? Yes. A young.......rookie.......franchise qb. I'm sick of this team being the posterboy for stupid trades and ideas. Did they learn nothing from their last trade for a mid-30's qb? This is just stupid.

Im guessing their is no basis for it, but let me tell you.. if there is truth to this and we decide to go with Manning given his age/neck injuries behind our line then this Allen/Shanahan homer is done being a Allen/Shanahan homer.

It would also make me strongly consider ending my 32 year relationship with the Skins.

Thankfully this is speculation by a talking head and not a rumor with substance, and I agree with everything you said here. I would lose all faith in Shanahan/Allen and could possibly end this 34 year fan's support of this organization.

I don't know.... a lot of things would have to be just right for me to want this happen.

1st-Manning is clear to play for about another 4 years, and his neck isn't a problem

2nd- he cost us a 2013 1st round pick and a 2012 3rd or both 2012 4ths ...... I could maybe live with that

3rd- We make sure our O-line is good, hell draft Khalil and then trade our 2nd and something back into the 1st round and draft Decastro

Draft Kellen Moore late in the draft

These are the circumstances that I would require to be OK with a Peyton manning trade lol.....

and people this isn't mcnabb, mcnabb was never on any level close to manning. Not saying Manning would be great, but using mcnabb as a reason not too is kind of silly.

When we are no longer the default "potential suitor" for any player who may be moved, then our culture will have changed.

My bet is there's nothing to this rumor, but when making an assumption about who might make a dumb trade or sign the highest dollar FA on the market the Redskins are always a safe name to write. Even if it's not true at all, the majority of NFL fans will still believe it.

We're the gal with the reputation of being easy.

~Bang

I don't know.... a lot of things would have to be just right for me to want this happen.

1st-Manning is clear to play for about another 4 years, and his neck isn't a problem

2nd- he cost us a 2013 1st round pick and a 2012 3rd or both 2012 4ths ...... I could maybe live with that

3rd- We make sure our O-line is good, hell draft Khalil and then trade our 2nd and something back into the 1st round and draft Decastro

Draft Kellen Moore late in the draft

These are the circumstances that I would require to be OK with a Peyton manning trade lol.....

and people this isn't mcnabb, mcnabb was never on any level close to manning. Not saying Manning would be great, but using mcnabb as a reason not too is kind of silly.

Why?

This isn't happening.

Why are people getting bent out of shape on this? It's simply not going to happen. Period. I'll gladly eat my Redskins hat if it does. But it's not going to happen. Why are we linked to Peyton Manning? Because we are linked to EVERYONE.

We were linked to a dozen high priced free agents this season. It later came out that most of that was complete bullcrap, orchestrated by agents to bid up the price of their players. Two weeks before the draft, everyone and their mother swore we were looking to trade the farm to move up and draft Blaine Gabbert. He fell to us, and then we traded down and didn't draft him. Nothing the "experts" have said is going to happen with the Redskins has actually HAPPENED with the Redskins this past season.

Peyton Manning won't come close to being in burgundy and gold. Some other desperate football team will add him, but the season isn't half over. It's an easy story for ESPN to put out there into the ether and know they're going to get a lot of play because our quarterback situation is ass right now.

Archived