Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Park: Injury Report - Week 10

Mark The Homer

This would never happen of course, and it would leave the back end of the D in an even bigger mess than it is now; but I'd be tempted to sit/ IR Landry; give Gomes the experience; and have LaRon full healthy and fresh for next year to get a full camp behind him.

Hail.

He's a free agent next year, so that makes zero sense.

This would never happen of course, and it would leave the back end of the D in an even bigger mess than it is now; but I'd be tempted to sit/ IR Landry; give Gomes the experience; and have LaRon full healthy and fresh for next year to get a full camp behind him.

Hail.

Yes.

He's a free agent next year, so that makes zero sense.

No.

Only if your not planning on re-signing him.

Hail.

Yes. Landry's not going to get better with the achilles this year, so it gives us leverage in a lower contract. What's he going to do? Go sign with another team who won't want to gamble with his heel? Please.

Yes. Landry's not going to get better with the achilles this year, so it gives us leverage in a lower contract. What's he going to do? Go sign with another team who won't want to gamble with his heel? Please.

Your assuming players know their worth.

I think the Redskins know his worth. Landry might be stupid enough to hold out for a better offer. I would say the odds of him being a Redskin next year are 50-50 at best. Honestly, not sure why you would feel too urgent to sign him to any significant long term deal. Oft injured, oft penalized, overhyped. But tremendous potential....possibly wasted.

Your assuming players know their worth.

I think the Redskins know his worth. Landry might be stupid enough to hold out for a better offer. I would say the odds of him being a Redskin next year are 50-50 at best. Honestly, not sure why you would feel too urgent to sign him to any significant long term deal. Oft injured, oft penalized, overhyped. But tremendous potential....possibly wasted.

IR him, give him a real medical staff in the offseason, and sign him for four years, back end heavy. You can't lose.

Not saying I disagree, but my assumption on L is he thinks he is worth a BIG deal.

Then let him go try and find one.

Honestly, Strong Safeties are one of the most replaceable positions on the football field Free Safeties are not. LL is a strong safety.

Regardless, I wouldn't spend big money one way or the other on a strong safety.

IR him, give him a real medical staff in the offseason, and sign him for four years, back end heavy. You can't lose.

It's starting to look like that achiles is a chronic condition and I doubt rehab and rest will make much long term difference to the underlying cause of the soreness. He probably needs surgery and my understanding is that that type of surgery is that there is significant risk that you never get back to 100% function (which is why I assume it was not performed last year).

At the start of the year I thought Landry was a lock to be resigned and one of the core group we were building around. I'm not so sure that's the case now - don't want to give a guy who might only play 8 or 9 games a year or need surgery which makes him less effective a big deal and a key role.

At the start of the year I thought Landry was a lock to be resigned and one of the core group we were building around. I'm not so sure that's the case now - don't want to give a guy who might only play 8 or 9 games a year or need surgery which makes him less effective a big deal and a key role.

Great post. His impact is not even close to what it was last season, despite the defense being better around him. There's no other reason for this than his injury. I like the effort he gives, but the idea of a big money deal scares me in his case.

If he was healthy and looking like last season it wouldn't. But it is what it is, and Dejon Gomes played as an in the box DB at Nebraska. This is a rebuild, isn't it?

I'm not sure Landry will be back. I hope he recovers fully and signs a reasonable deal, but hope hasn't won us many games the last few years.

Great post. His impact is not even close to what it was last season, despite the defense being better around him. There's no other reason for this than his injury. I like the effort he gives, but the idea of a big money deal scares me in his case.

If he was healthy and looking like last season it wouldn't. But it is what it is, and Dejon Gomes played as an in the box DB at Nebraska. This is a rebuild, isn't it?

I'm not sure Landry will be back. I hope he recovers fully and signs a reasonable deal, but hope hasn't won us many games the last few years.

What is LL worth on the Trade Market? I'd be happy to unload him. He hasn't provided us much since the first half of last season. I'd rather try to get some picks. I like the guy, but I can live without him on my team in return for a couple picks in 2012 or 2013... trade him while he's still worth something and continue this rebuild.

What is LL worth on the Trade Market? I'd be happy to unload him. He hasn't provided us much since the first half of last season. I'd rather try to get some picks. I like the guy, but I can live without him on my team in return for a couple picks in 2012 or 2013... trade him while he's still worth something and continue this rebuild.

Well...the trade deadline has passed and his contract is up after this season. So the only way we could trade him would be to re-sign him and then do so.

Well...the trade deadline has passed and his contract is up after this season. So the only way we could trade him would be to re-sign him and then do so.

That's kind of what I was thinking... re-sign him next year, hopefully at a decent price and let shop him... just an idea... he isn't the piece holding our D together and I think he's easily replaceable...

Why all this talk about IR for Landry? Does anyone really know that it is a serious re-aggrivation or just Wednesday rest. I need to know because he is on my fanatsy team and that is far more important than real life. I would hazard a guess he continues to play and that he is just recieving rest.

He practiced fully today, so I'm assuming yesterday's DNP was just a resting day.

Why all this talk about IR for Landry? Does anyone really know that it is a serious re-aggrivation or just Wednesday rest. I need to know because he is on my fanatsy team and that is far more important than real life. I would hazard a guess he continues to play and that he is just recieving rest.

I'm a big Landry fan, but I think that shutting him down can't hurt.

For one, we're not doing anything this year, and I think that's pretty evident. Also, giving him more time to heal that Achilles will do nothing but good. Oh, and the fact that he can't push for a higher contract, considering he didn't do anything his contract year, wouldn't hurt so that we could lock him up long-term.

Archived