Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Mess going on at Penn state Thread

Elessar78

The fact that apparently only "football topics" will be discussed at this press conferences, to me, is beyond moronic. You have to say something. Express remorse, but don't say anything that could interfere with the investigation. Give a statement, something. I'm listening to Mike and Mike, and I hope I misinterpreted what was said. You owe an explanation to the public.

And pooping himself on the sidelines.

Ahh yes, the poop game. :doh:

Sad situation and I think that Paterno needs to step down. He had a moral responsibility to do more when the grad student told the the story of Sandusky assaulting the kid in the shower. The house needs to be cleaned out.

So I've kept pretty quiet about this whole thing today, and thought about the situation a lot. I can no longer defend JoePa in this situation, it's just not possible. It's heartbreaking to see the man who I looked up to and idolized, who did so much for the school I love and the surrounding area, who built a legacy and put PSU on the map, and now he is a farce and a fraud. It's extremely tough for me to deal with, and I really hope that the Board of Trustees cleans house completely. I'm deeply disturbed and saddened by the events that perspired and I harbor complete hatred towards Jerry Sandusky, Tim Curley, Gary Schultz, and President Spanier. Their actions have sullied the great name that is Penn State University and brought shame upon every alum and fan in the world.

---------- Post added November-7th-2011 at 08:00 PM ----------

He went to Gary Schultz, whose responsibilities at the time included being head of the university police department.

Man I understand your feelings, I do. However this was not an action or incident that should have remained in the university system. What experience does the university police department have investigating child abuse, sexual or otherwise? Let alone you have the policy in normal police departments bringing other agencies to investigate any officers when they are accused of a crime. In this case the I think the Attorney General is right, there was a top level cover-up and they should be charged as well.

OK, I got the fact that UP police did not investigate wrong, but still correct that SCPD and PADPW investigated the matter. However, the director of University Park police, Harmon, told the investigating detective to close the case NOT Ray Gricar, the District Attorney. The DA decided that there would be no criminal charges. Where does it say that the chief of police told the ADA to "close the case"?

I'll give you that one, I guess I got the names mixed up. So let's refrain from "urging" people to read stuff when we've both been wrong, mmm kay punkin?

---------- Post added November-8th-2011 at 08:36 AM ----------

Man I understand your feelings, I do. However this was not an action or incident that should have remained in the university system. What experience does the university police department have investigating child abuse, sexual or otherwise? Let alone you have the policy in normal police departments bringing other agencies to investigate any officers when they are accused of a crime. In this case the I think the Attorney General is right, there was a top level cover-up and they should be charged as well.

They don't. This is a great point! There are Special Victims units and even special victims prosecutors to handle cases like this because they are so different from others. University Police (in my experience) routinely botch possession charges, no way they should've touched this.

Should be interesting to see what happens with the Governor today.

I'll give you that one, I guess I got the names mixed up. So let's refrain from "urging" people to read stuff when we've both been wrong, mmm kay punkin?

Agreed. Let's operate with a level of respect from here on out. If we disagree, we'll just handle it like adults... like we just did minus my jabs of urging you to read it and your Mr. Mackey type counter jabs.

Agreed. Let's operate with a level of respect from here on out. If we disagree, we'll just handle it like adults... like we just did minus my jabs of urging you to read it and your Mr. Mackey type counter jabs.

lol, it's been a long day already. Good deal.

Lester Munson was on the Sports Junkies this morning and said that he doesn't know how the NCAA could impose sanctions given what we know right now.

Skin'em posted this in the Paterno thread, it is disturbing http://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2011/11/living-a-lie

---------- Post added November-8th-2011 at 08:52 AM ----------

This is directed towards the people that believe Paterno fulfilled his obligation. Wrong. As adults we have the obligation to protect children. Paterno failed to do that, period.

I don't know how anyone can take up the position that Paterno fulfilled his obligation. I don't see it, read that article above.

The man doesn't "run" the school like some shadowy power-broker.

Joe is not Bear Bryant. But, in his own way, he has as much power as Bryant or Royal or Wilkinson or any of those old school football dons did. He just chooses to exercise it in a much different way. And until this weekend, I thought he exercised it in a far more moral way.

Genrally speaking, Joe always seemed to use his authority to make the university live UP to his standards. But make no mistake, he was and is god inside that athletic program. He could slam the door in the face of an athletic director who was concerned about the win-loss record or the lack of recruiting or the fact that Joe's idiot son was calling plays or the sudden outburts of misbehavior among the secondary.

It's impossible for me to imagine that if Joe really raised a ruckus on Sandusky that the state police would not have been on the scene in 15 minutes.

---------- Post added November-8th-2011 at 09:58 AM ----------

By the way, Schultz was responsible for the PD, but he wasn't the HEAD of the PD -- big difference.

Yea, PSU is really trying to pull a fast one here. This is like going to the city council member who heads the public safety committee and calling that "telling the police." Schultz is not a police officer. He does not have a badge. He is not LE in any way.

Lavar looking like an even bigger idiot than yesterday.

Being interviewed on some Sirius show and basically defending everyone except McQueary - then saying "I don't know the facts, I refuse to read the report - but in football we shower together every day after we work out"

Being interviewed on some Sirius show and basically defending everyone except McQueary - then saying "I don't know the facts, I refuse to read the report - but in football we shower together every day after we work out"

Please tell me he did NOT say that. :doh:

What a ****ing idiot.

Wow, I listened to him yesterday for about 5 minutes at 4:00. He said everything that he should've said, but I was stretching for my run and turned him off when I started. He mainly talked about children yesterday and I thought did a good job.

McQueary will probably never get another coaching job ever again. How can you look a parent in the eye and tell them that they can trust you with their kids after they've read something like this.

---------- Post added November-8th-2011 at 09:55 AM ----------

Please tell me he did NOT say that. :doh:

What a ****ing idiot.

That had to be the interviewer or host of the show getting under his skin. He'll learn quickly that not everyone will gratify him like Chad Dukes does.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread.

I find this statement by Second Mile fascinating:

The newly released details and the breadth of the allegations from the Attorney General’s office bring shock, sadness and concern from The Second Mile organization. Our prayers, care and compassion go out to all impacted.

The most recent reports we’ve read this past weekend state that Mr. Sandusky met the alleged victims through The Second Mile. To our knowledge, all the alleged incidents occurred outside of our programs and events. However, we are encouraging anyone with information regarding this investigation to contact investigators from the Office of Attorney General at 814-863-1053 or Pennsylvania State Police at 814-470-2238.

As The Second Mile’s CEO Jack Raykovitz testified to the Grand Jury, he was informed in 2002 by Pennsylvania State University Athletic Director Tim Curley that an individual had reported to Mr. Curley that he was uncomfortable about seeing Jerry Sandusky in the locker room shower with a youth. Mr. Curley also shared that the information had been internally reviewed and that there was no finding of wrongdoing. At no time was The Second Mile made aware of the very serious allegations contained in the Grand Jury report.

Subsequently, in November 2008, Mr. Sandusky informed The Second Mile that he had learned he was being investigated as a result of allegations made against him by an adolescent male in Clinton County, PA. Although he maintained there was no truth to the claims, we are an organization committed first and foremost to the safety and well-being of the children we serve. Consistent with that commitment and with The Second Mile policy, we immediately made the decision to separate him from all of our program activities involving children. Thus, from 2008 to present, Mr. Sandusky has had no involvement with Second Mile programs involving children.

The Second Mile was first contacted by the Attorney General’s office in early 2011. Since then, we have done everything in our power to cooperate with law-enforcement officials and will continue to do so.

Our highest priority always has been and will continue to be the safety and well-being of the children participating in our programs. We encourage program participants to report any allegations of abuse and/or inappropriate sexual activity wherever it has occurred, and we take any such reports directly to Child Protective Services. We have many policies and procedures designed to protect our participants, including employee and volunteer background checks, training and supervision of our activities.

The Second Mile has helped thousands of Pennsylvania’s children to lead better lives, and we remain committed to that mission. Our success is a result of the trust placed in us by the families and professionals with whom we partner, and we will take any steps needed to maintain their confidence in us.

Ok. This is what he know.

1. McQueary told the Grand Jury that he witnessed Sandusky "raping" a child.

2. Paterno told the Grand Jury that he was told "something sexual" happened.

3. Second Mile was told that "something uncomfortable" happened in the shower.

At this point, Curley looks finished. However, I want to know exactly what McQueary told Paterno in 2002. And I want to know exactly what Paterno told Curley. This sounds like a game of telephone where the story gets further and further away from the truth.

McQueary will probably never get another coaching job ever again. How can you look a parent in the eye and tell them that they can trust you with their kids after they've read something like this.

I'm still wondering how he can look himself in the mirror everyday, forget looking anyone else in the eyes.

If you're a reporter at the Paterno press conference today, and your question is "how well prepared do you think your defense will be in trying to contain Taylor Martinez?" instead of anything to do with Sandusky, then you should immediately have your credentials revoked for being a spineless idiot.

If you're a reporter at the Paterno press conference today, and your question is "how well prepared do you think your defense will be in trying to contain Taylor Martinez?" instead of anything to do with Sandusky, then you should immediately have your credentials revoked for being a spineless idiot.

I am so hot and cold with UnWise Mike, but he just made a great point.

One of these reporters should ask what JoePa would've done if McQuery saw Sandusky raping his own kid. Do you guys think he would've just called the AD?

Agreed. If I were part of this press conference, all of my questions would have to do with Sandusky. The Nebraska game means nil right now. There's a stench hanging over Happy Valley and it cannot be ignored.

Archived