Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Van Halen: new album "A different kind of truth" is out now! The album crushes..go buy it.

Commander PK

I saw them at Verizon Center last time around. My right ear is still ringing. Seriously. Good show despite Eddie's sloppy effort and the horrible acoustics at the VC.

I was a dedicated VH cult member in the 80s but fell off and never got back onboard for the Sammy Hagar years. For all Roth's foolishness, he's the only singer for VH.

I saw them at Verizon Center last time around. My right ear is still ringing. Seriously. Good show despite Eddie's sloppy effort and the horrible acoustics at the VC.

I was a dedicated VH cult member in the 80s but fell off and never got back onboard for the Sammy Hagar years. For all Roth's foolishness, he's the only singer for VH.

This.

I saw them in Cincy and forguys pushing 60 they kicked lots of ass. Eddie was spot on the night I saw them.

Very excited for the new album.

:ols: People have every reason to be skeptical, but this time it's really for real. The album has been done since August. They have just been mixing it, and the Columbia records deal is legit. No way Columbia signs the band to a deal if the album isn't already finished given their history.

Everyone that has heard the record has said it's classic Van Halen. Apparently, they created most of the songs out of old ideas that they didn't pursue after Dave left the band. The guy Shanks they got to produce is a hit maker.

---------- Post added November-6th-2011 at 12:57 PM ----------

I was there also. (Big surprise right?, lol) I totally agree that the acoustics there were terrible. We were sitting on the upper tier, and a few times you couldn't even make out what song they were playing until like 10 seconds in. I thought Eddie played pretty well. If you think that was bad, you should watch some highlights on youtube of the 2004 tour with Sammy. Fortunately I caught them early at Hershey Park for that tour, because by the end things were unbearable. Eddie wasn't even playing the right song some nights.

The best place to see a live show in the DMV is still Bristow or Columbia. I like Meriweather because it's smaller.

:ols: People have every reason to be skeptical, but this time it's really for real. The album has been done since August. They have just been mixing it, and the Columbia records deal is legit. No way Columbia signs the band to a deal if the album isn't already finished given their history.

The good thing is Colombia records will make them do press this time :) I am stoked for this as well. Just keep Ed and Dave apart and everything will be fine on the tour :)

I also would love to see them outdoors . I hate going to the Phone booth for shows. Love outdoor shows as well :)

Any idea if Mike Anthony is part of this or Wolfie?

Nope, Mike is gone, and will most likely never be coming back. This is a quote from VHND from a guy who claims to have heard the record. Mark Tremonti and a few others have already come out and said the album is great. Take it or leave it, but this sounds legit. The website has had people post on it before who have been proven correct.

http://www.vhnd.com/2011/11/04/van-halen-to-make-announcement-at-grammy-nominations-november-30th/#comments

Partner in Crime says:

NOVEMBER 5TH, 2011 AT 8:49 AM

OK, lets clarify some thngs here.

Its been no secret that the band has recorded a new album, and yes it is a very good record in the band’s eyes and those like myself who have heard it.

For those expecting it to be 1978 again they will be let down, not by the music, but by the fact that this band is now (except for one member) in their mid 50′s. The record rocks and is a great balence of what made the band so iconic and some of what influenced them over the years mixed together with today’s technology. It is pretty heavy on the guitars with only a little keyboard mixed in. Vocally it is also quite good with an obvious difference in harmony sound but even those come through very well.

Now for the big announcement in just under four weeks. The band wanted to make it a big thing by announcing this new album and upcoming tour on a stage seen by many and will get a good dose of media coverage.

As far as performing on this night, it is not yet set in stone yes or no but the chances of a yes are far better than no.

Lastly, enjoy the show and the ride you are about to embark on. You never if you will be to get this stuff ever again.

Rock on.

Like anything that happens up on howdy doody mountain. I'll believe it when I see it. With that said, I'm excited because the album is in the can and it seems the brothers (Ed and Al) will be forced to do some legit press this time. I didn't understand why that during the reunion tour they did a press conference and zilch after it. You have the best interviewee is DLR and don't let him speak. I just can't wait for some new Dave quotes and jabs at Sammy. Should be some fun and can't wait to hear some new tunes.

Like anything that happens up on howdy doody mountain. I'll believe it when I see it. With that said, I'm excited because the album is in the can and it seems the brothers (Ed and Al) will be forced to do some legit press this time. I didn't understand why that during the reunion tour they did a press conference and zilch after it. You have the best interviewee is DLR and don't let him speak. I just can't wait for some new Dave quotes and jabs at Sammy. Should be some fun and can't wait to hear some new tunes.

No doubt there will be some jabs at Sammy and Chickenfoot probably. I guess Sammy deserves that, especially after his book. I just wish they could respect each other's legacy with the band, and just leave it alone. Too much to ask I guess.

More news....this thing is about to get huge.

www.vhnd.com

Van Halen Signs With Interscope Records

THURSDAY, 10 NOVEMBER 2011

VHND has been hearing some solid info from our trusted sources, and it’s all wonderful news!

Van Halen has recently signed with Interscope Records (not Columbia Records as rumors stated).

The album is 100% done and in the can, and fans will have it in their hands early next year.

The release date is set in stone and is top secret, but will be announced very soon.

In fact, the Grammys are hinting strongly that Van Halen will make their announcement at the Grammy Nominations Concert held in Los Angeles on November 30th.

Fans will be able to watch the announcement live on CBS.

More news....this thing is about to get huge.

www.vhnd.com

Signing with Interscope is interesting for a number of reasons, but with it comes free publicity on American Idol if they choose to do so. With that said there could very well be an American Idol night. That would be big for them since it'll bascially give free publicity to 17-20 million people or so.

Signing with Interscope is interesting for a number of reasons, but with it comes free publicity on American Idol if they choose to do so. With that said there could very well be an American Idol night. That would be big for them since it'll bascially give free publicity to 17-20 million people or so.

They should. Times have changed. Whatever they have to do to get the word out. If Priest can do it than so can Van Halen.

Unless the announcement is that they found a time machine to go back to when they were relevant and in the process become young again, this is going nowhere.

http://www.vhnd.com/2011/11/14/roth-driving-force-behind-van-haleninterscope-signing/

Roth driving force behind Van Halen/Interscope signing.

First, a note from VHND regarding the last paragraph of the above article. The new album has actually been done for quite awhile – mixing was completed in August and mastering was done in September. Also, it will definitely be released in early 2012.

As an extension of the article, sources have told VHND that David Lee Roth was the driving force behind the move to Interscope (A division of Universal – which has a stable of artists such as U2 and the Police) and it seems his desire was to be on a more “hip” label. One that would take advantage of all promotion tools available (such as new media and new technology). While the other three members (Wolf, Alex and Eddie) were ready to go with Columbia, it was Roth who prevailed upon them to go with Interscope and when presented with Interscope’s package they agreed it was the way to go.

It must be noted that, if Roth will be charged with promotions with the new album, Van Halen is in good hands. Simply put, this is something DLR does VERY well. Since Ed and Alex don’t particularly like interviews it seems only natural to place this in the capable hands of Roth, who guided the Van Halen promotional ship from 1978 to 1984.

It’s especially interesting that the band chose Interscope over Columbia mainly because of Roth. It’s also very exciting that the story implies that Roth might do much of the marketing, which makes sense, as that’s what he was born to do! All this shows that Roth has quite a bit of say in what Van Halen does!

I don't know man. I believe this to be more than a one shot deal. From all accounts, Dave and Eddie seem to be getting along better than they ever have, and from what the article was stating this seems to be a long-term deal, not a one off.

I don't know man. I believe this to be more than a one shot deal. From all accounts, Dave and Eddie seem to be getting along better than they ever have, and from what the article was stating this seems to be a long-term deal, not a one off.

It is hard to say with Eddie. I think a lot of it depends if Eddie can stay off the sauce. Having his kid along might help with that.

That being said, it is good that there is a new album coming from all of this at the very least. I've always been a big fan of VH even during the Hagar years.

• 1 month later...

Archived