Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Van Halen: new album "A different kind of truth" is out now! The album crushes..go buy it.

Commander PK

Easily the best audio so far from the show. Jim Florentine's recording. Starts at 30 minutes into the podcast.

Not safe for work.

http://hw.libsyn.com/p/b/e/3/be3c612ee7d4e15b/Audio_from_Exclusive_Van_Halen_Show.mp3?sid=934bee6bf84ae1e902360b8f1d4086b1&l_sid=28426&l_eid=&l_mid=2858250&expiration=1326096037&hwt=fa1d5380c3151fb82972a452ed688f96

Edit: "Somebody get me a doctor".....holy ****... Still an amazing riff.

Time: 44:40

EPIC

Check dat der PM or your email :)

Love the new single. It has a really cool vibe to it.

New Video

---------- Post added January-10th-2012 at 09:29 AM ----------

Check dat der PM or your email :)

I got it. :)

I really like Tattoo, and I guarantee it's probably not even close to the best track on the album. It does have a really cool vibe, and Eddie's solo is awesome as usual.

Very pedestrian single, but it beats the hell out of "Love Walks In".

Yeah, if you were expecting "Hot for Teacher" or "Panama" right off the bat, this ain't your single. This is more "Drop Dead Legs." All good, but I bet the next single will be a barn burner.

Edit: I'm sure this track is the one they thought would appeal to the most people.

Yeah, if you were expecting "Hot for Teacher" or "Panama" right off the bat, this ain't your single. This is more "Drop Dead Legs." All good, but I bet the next single will be a barn burner.

Edit: I'm sure this track is the one they thought would appeal to the most people.

Sorry, but "Drop Dead Legs" was a better song than this. Hell, "Me Wise Magic" was a better song. I sure hope there are better songs than this on the album.

[/color]

I got it. :)

I really like Tattoo, and I guarantee it's probably not even close to the best track on the album. It does have a really cool vibe, and Eddie's solo is awesome as usual.

Glad you enjoyed it man! I love the single as well. Im not expecting DAve and the guys to sound like they did in the 80 or 90s.

This is perfect for myself.

Also most of VH's best songs have never been singles :)

The video is Blah though.

Looks like it was shot on the Cannon 5d.

I know DP's in LA with red epics that would of done that video for free!

Anybody else join the circus this morning with me trying to get tickets? Always a fiasco with ticketmaster. It couldn't find 2 seats the second they went on sale. Kept trying to give me the 400's..I was hoping for floor but not once did I see those pop up, i'm assuming they are holding those for the general sale next weekend. Took a good 15 mins but I settled for a couple of seats in section 101.

Anybody else join the circus this morning with me trying to get tickets? Always a fiasco with ticketmaster. It couldn't find 2 seats the second they went on sale. Kept trying to give me the 400's..I was hoping for floor but not once did I see those pop up, i'm assuming they are holding those for the general sale next weekend. Took a good 15 mins but I settled for a couple of seats in section 101.

I don't have an AMEX card so I can't pick anything up yet.

Mind if i ask what they charged you?

I didnt think much of the song online yesterday but Howard Stern Played it this morning and I really kind of dug it.

Cool stuff.

Yeah, it's good. I think once you get a bit past "it ain't what I expected" you can appreciate it a bit more. I made the mistake of expecting the first single to blow my head off...that's my fault. I guarantee there is some killer stuff on the album, but that isn't going to be single material anyhow.

---------- Post added January-12th-2012 at 12:33 PM ----------

http://www.vhnd.com/2012/01/10/pre-order-van-halens-a-different-kind-of-truth-deluxe-edition-cd-dvd/

Here is the album art. Basically the same as the earlier graphic.

CD51C.jpg

I haven't bought a CD since I finally bought an Ipod last year, but I will buy the hard copy of this one. The deluxe edition sounds great.

You probably know that Van Halen’s new album, “A Different Kind Of Truth” will be released Feb. 7th. But did you know there’s a special Deluxe Edition which includes a Bonus DVD?

The “The Downtown Sessions” DVD features live footage of an acoustic performance by the band! You can pre-order it now at Van Halen Store for only $17.98, so we highly recommend getting the Deluxe Edition over the Standard Edition, which contains only the CD.

With 13 songs on the CD and 4 live tracks on the DVD, the Deluxe Edition is a must-have!

Archived